• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I don't think I had a preference for a particular psynergy, but I did prefer the summons of the Mercury type.

But back to Isaac. I'm more interested to see how they implement the field psynergy, particularly those involving the giant hand.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I was thinking if Sakurai wanted to continue trying to trick us with Newcomer trailers he could have a trailer with Mario or Link fighting master hand on the final destination stage. Then as they start to struggle it's revealed that it's not master hand at all, but Isaac's hand psyenergy. Confirming Isaac as a fighter.

So we'd think it was a stage + master hand confirmation. Although at this stage we're probably not going to be as easily fooled by any smash Bros trailers we get...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
For summons, I had no set preferences aside from Eclipse. I loved that dragon's design, and he was also powerful as hell. Catastrophe was also really awesome, because I also loved Judgement a lot.

Just look at the animation of this!

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Sakurai attempts to trick us into thinking it was a trailer for a DIFFERENT GAME altogether.

- The villager's trailer's intro initially got me into thinking it was an Animal Crossing Wii U game.

- Rosalina's reveal trailer looks like a Kirby Air Ride - Mario Kart crossover in the beginning.

- WFT's trailer starts out like a trailer as if for a Wii Fit game.

So, the trailer won't show Mario vs. Link without an initial (misleading) buildup.

/ramble -_-

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Isaac's trailer looking like a potential Fire Emblem x Golden Sun game?

You know, never mind that. I would get hyped too much for a thing like that...

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If Sakurai should make Isaac's trailer look like a GS Wii U my joy over Isaac's inclusion will be mixed with a twinge of disappointment we aren't actually getting GS Wii U. I wouldn't put it past that troll either.

Mishudo

Smash Journeyman
Haha I'm just hyped in the sense of seeing a fully rendered, fleshed out Isaac :) But in terms of misleading, I do believe it'd be using the franchises of LoZ or FE. But these trailers are so amazing due to the fact they make it believable that these universes are actually colliding with each other, and potentially allowing future crossover games

Arteen

Smash Lord
Ha, I was just thinking about the weird combination of excitement and disappointment I'd feel at seeing a Golden Sun Wii U trailer instead of an Isaac in SSB4 reveal trailer.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Ah well, expecting a GS on 3DS is one thing, but actually expecting on Wii U is a whole 'nother. Camelot didn't even put any Mario sports games on the Wii last gen (other than the Gamecube port), and if they don't bother with them, GS is most definitely out of the question.

But all the logical thinking in the world won't help me when there's an HD trailer of HD Isaac in an HD Golden Sun setting right in front of me. That's when my brain turns to mush and I fall out of my chair. ;)

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
For some reason I feel like Isaac's reveal is near. I just got that feeling after Rosalina. No clue why.

Think will get any big news for Christmas?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
If Sakurai should make Isaac's trailer look like a GS Wii U my joy over Isaac's inclusion will be mixed with a twinge of disappointment we aren't actually getting GS Wii U. I wouldn't put it past that troll either.
Same here actually.

Then again, Isaac in Smash might very well lead to a new Golden Sun so...
For some reason I feel like Isaac's reveal is near. I just got that feeling after Rosalina. No clue why.

Think will get any big news for Christmas?

Zelda or Ice Climbers maybe.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If we get anything on Christmas, it'll likely just be a coincidence. Sakurai didn't even acknowledge it was Christmas on the Brawl DOJO when he updated (with Sonic's FS), and he didn't even take Christmas off, so I'm betting this time around won't be much different.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Christmas is growing in Japan, and while they celebrate Christmas eve more (like a lot of Europeans in that regard), it is far more a thing of the public conscious now even than 6 years ago. I'm sure he'll do something for Christmas as he sits eating his fried chicken (yeah, KFC have managed to make themselves the 'traditional' Christmas dinner) and strawberry cream sponge... just don't go expecting something big like a character reveal. In fact if anything I would keep my hopes up for the confirmation of boxes (the items) in the form of presents...

I do wonder though, partially as I can't remember back on the DOJO, does Sakurai take O Shogatsu off? And for that matter Golden Week? (I'm not expecting the game before May)

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Yeah, Christmas is growing, but it's still largely seen as a novelty over there, in the same vein as Halloween, and iirc there wasn't anything for that either, so I wouldn't get my hopes up for anything too Christmasy.
The present boxes probably are the most realistic expectation should we get anything.

And yeah, with Brawl Sakurai did take the week of New Year's off iirc, so I'm expecting that again. Though considering all he has to do is take five pictures as opposed to five whole DOJO updates, maybe there's a chance we'll still see something following this week. I mean, he probably does it in advance to some degree anyway.

However this really doesn't pertain to Isaac anymore, so it's probably better off discussed elsewhere.

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
I for one wanted to check out Golden Sun after seeing Isaac in brawl, and now I fully support him! He is easily one of my top 5!
and while I still know little about the series in general his final smash HAS to be a summon!!!! imagine that in HD wiping out everything onscreen~~~

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Think Judgement is a good choice because in a way it's quite similar to the Crash ability in the Kirby games in a way. Lot's of cinematics, think of it being kind of similar to Lucario's, Olimar's and Ness's Final Smashes combined if that makes sence. Great to see you supporting Isaac now to man. Play some Golden Sun for the GBA, I swear you'll like him even better afterwards!

Mishudo

Smash Journeyman
In terms of Judgement, would you want it an cinematic piece like C Falcons? or in a sense of Pit where he summons it, then you continue fighting?

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
I so badly want to get the first one for gba! I actually found a brand new copy of dark dawn at gamestop for like $15 maybe? I plan on playing that soon (as its the only GS game I have =/)
its not the same....I know but im currently watching a playthrough of the first game though!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I so badly want to get the first one for gba! I actually found a brand new copy of dark dawn at gamestop for like $15 maybe? I plan on playing that soon (as its the only GS game I have =/)
its not the same....I know but im currently watching a playthrough of the first game though!
There's emulation to consider...

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
yeah I know.....but I much prefer physically owning and playing the game haha. although ive used emulators in the past and I don't have that much of an issue with them. oh yeah you know what I cant figure out? why is it that out of ALL the moves/abilities they could have had Isaac use in brawl they choose 'move"???? seems like a wasted opportunity.

Arteen

Smash Lord
Looks like one of the top competitors to be moved from AT to characters has once again became an AT. Do you guys fear for Isaac now?

I don't think Starfy's Assist Trophy confirmation means much, as I never saw him as a "top competitor" for the roster. It makes me worried for Isaac's chances, but every day that there isn't an Isaac reveal trailer makes me worried for his chances.

Honestly I see it as good for Isaac. Even if he misses the roster again, he's still likely to return as an AT "veteran".

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Starfy did have some decent chance of being a new series representation. With him gone, there's obviously more room for Golden Sun. Even though it can go both ways.

And yes, I myself was always bothered by Isaac using Move to. I guess they did it because it's a much easier move to program than say, Ragnarok or Oddessey.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Fun fact: Ike is short for Isaac.

Meaning, Ike and Isaac are based on the same historical person most likely.

Arteen

Smash Lord
At first I was a bit disappointed that Isaac got Move instead of something flashier, but Move is actually an awesome AT ability. It'd be neat to see Isaac cast Ragnarok or Grand Gaia, but Move is a clever, creative choice. It also represents one of my favorite aspects of Golden Sun: psynergy-based puzzle solving. Kudos to Sakurai for making Isaac an awesome AT in Brawl.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
It's times like these I wish Nintendo would stop dragging its feet with the GBA games on the VC. :/

Looks like one of the top competitors to be moved from AT to characters has once again became an AT. Do you guys fear for Isaac now?
It was a given that eventually we'd get Starfy or Waluigi or Goroh or some AT that was thought to have a chance at playability, so no, I don't think just because we got one character deconfirmed people should be changing their opinion on the fate of the other ATs.

In terms of Judgement, would you want it an cinematic piece like C Falcons? or in a sense of Pit where he summons it, then you continue fighting?
I think if it worked like Olimar's, with the screen shifting up once Isaac casts the Summon, and then back down when the knight unleashes the blast towards the stage, that'd be a pretty good way to implement the attack. The other two could obviously work as well though.

Raetah

Smash Journeyman
I actually want to see Isaac like a constant change of moveset and of the character itself. Like... You don't know what he is going to do next.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'd really like to see him use Planet Diver. It would be a good Down-B attack. Maybe throw in Cutting edge as a projectile. Not mention all of his earth-based attacks could work as Smash attacks too.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Browsing YouTube. Feel nostalgic. Search Golden Sun. Find epic ****.

Mishudo

Smash Journeyman
@BP11: The fear of him recurring as an AT, as well for any other AT previously known, is always there. But in terms of Starfy being confirmed again? No offense...but Isaac offers an exceptionally wider moveset pool to choose from then Starfy had. So in that aspect, no :ohwell:

@Neon: I agree with that suggestion od Judgment as well, never thought of it that way before :)

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
If you think Stafy was a top competitor from the ATs to become playable then you are literally delusional

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Ray & Saki above Lyn?
Lyn is not likely. For Fire Emblem, she is outclassed in every way by other characters. The Pecking Order for Fire Emblem, as I see it at least

1. Robin (Dev Favorite, Unique, Main Character of awakening)
2. Roy ( Japanese Popularity)
3. Chrom (Popular, expected, secondary main character of awakening)
4. Lucina (Popular, Female, tertiary main character of awakening)
5. Anna ( Mascot, Unique, Female)
6. Lyn( Tertiary Protagonist from a game almost a decade old, no real relevance to FE atm, no where near as Popular as Roy *then again, besides M2, who is*, Assist trophy is only thing noteworthy of her as far as i see it. Besides, Hector is best lord in that game)

Now back to Isaac.

Please be in, avenge Starfy.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Top 5
Little Mac
Isaac
Ray
Saki
Starfy

At least thats what i saw.

Yeah I'd agree with this, although I'd change the order of likelihood to:

Little Mac
Isaac
Saki
Starfy
Ray

Lyn I don't really see as likely considering the Fire Emblem series is so competitive. The five I listed above don't have anyone within their own franchises to compete with.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Robin isn't getting in. Isaac is already Robin in Japan. :smirk: Plus he does the sword + magic thing better.

With Rosalina's Lumas, and Zelda's Phantom being part of their mivesets, I see it more and more likely that Isaac could also use Djinni and probably Summons to.

Top Bottom