• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
Here's a thought.

Would you be alright if Isaac from Dark Dawn, aka Man Isaac got in instead of the original?

I think it would be best. He stands out the most, both visually and in concept, plus he's the Isaac they would use for future games.
I don't agree, because Isaac (the 17 year old one) has always been the face of the series and has appeared in two games as being the main character (in the second game, he was the second main), while the Adult Isaac only had a Major role at the beggining of Dark Dawn, however, I'm all ok that they would make Adult Isaac an alt for Isaac.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I'd be fine with older Isaac. At least there won't be complaints about him being "another sword-wielding anime pretty boy"!:troll:

Last edited:

CheckmateChuck

Smash Journeyman
Older Isaac would arguably even be the oldest character in the game, going by confirmed ages and obviously excluding the various deities we've got.
47 is one hell of an awesome age, he'd even beat Captain Falcon, who was 37 in F-Zero GX, to the second place by a good 10 years in that regard.

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Older Isaac would arguably even be the oldest character in the game, going by confirmed ages and obviously excluding the various deities we've got.
47 is one hell of an awesome age, he'd even beat Captain Falcon, who was 37 in F-Zero GX, to the second place by a good 10 years in that regard.
So Isaac as the bearded replacement to Snake? :p

D

Deleted member

I would still prefer young Isaac, but playing as old Isaac wouldn't be a problem with me, either.

If he "borrows" Ganondorf's fist punching taunt, I will pay as much as possible for his DLC.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I just can't understand why Golden Sun has been removed, almost entirely. Anyone want to shed some insight on the subject?

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I just can't understand why Golden Sun has been removed, almost entirely. Anyone want to shed some insight on the subject?
The main content removed was his AT. Golden Sun did not have much content in Brawl to start out with. Isaac was an AT and there was a track on Norfair.

Some people on the Official Character Thread believe that Isaac's AT was removed since it was too much "work" to update to his newer Dark Dawn model.

What I personally believe is that he was planned but then later saved for DLC.

The GS track on Norfair is still intact and the Dark Dawn Overworld theme was added to Palutena's temple as an unlockable.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
The main content removed was his AT. Golden Sun did not have much content in Brawl to start out with. Isaac was an AT and there was a track on Norfair.

Some people on the Official Character Thread believe that Isaac's AT was removed since it was too much "work" to update to his newer Dark Dawn model.

The GS track on Norfair is still intact and the Dark Dawn Overworld theme was added to Palutena's temple as an unlockable.
Interesting. Thank you for your explanation.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
Here's a thought.

Would you be alright if Isaac from Dark Dawn, aka Man Isaac got in instead of the original?

I think it would be best. He stands out the most, both visually and in concept, plus he's the Isaac they would use for future games.
Meh, not really, mainly because I'm probably the one person here that didn't like that design.
GS1/2 Isaac is more recognizable, so most likely it would be him, maybe DD Isaac as an alt. Kind of like with Megaman, in Smash, he's based off of the classic series because thats the most recognized Megaman. Having Old Isaac would be like having Megaman X. (Not that I would have a problem with X :p)

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Meh, not really, mainly because I'm probably the one person here that didn't like that design.
GS1/2 Isaac is more recognizable, so most likely it would be him, maybe DD Isaac as an alt. Kind of like with Megaman, in Smash, he's based off of the classic series because thats the most recognized Megaman. Having Old Isaac would be like having Megaman X. (Not that I would have a problem with X :p)
After that Final Smash, I want playable Megaman.exe.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I'd make a joke about GS being Nintendo's new Mega Man, but...
In July of 2015, it will be Sengoku Basara‘s 10th anniversary, so I believe there will be plenty to be excited about. Also, in 2015 we’ll also have Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition, and the newest title from a series you guys have been waiting for, and [even] more titles to be announced that we hope you’ll enjoy.”
NINTENDO. PROVE YOU LOVE US!

Apollyon

Smash Apprentice
Forget him, he is already in the Final Smash (although as an alt fine :))

I want Megaman Zero.

Now that Zero isn't locked to the Marvel v. Capcom games now, this very well could be possible. Improbable of course, but possible.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I'd make a joke about GS being Nintendo's new Mega Man, but...
In July of 2015, it will be Sengoku Basara‘s 10th anniversary, so I believe there will be plenty to be excited about. Also, in 2015 we’ll also have Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition, and the newest title from a series you guys have been waiting for, and [even] more titles to be announced that we hope you’ll enjoy.”
NINTENDO. PROVE YOU LOVE US!
Nah Capcom likes Nintendo but not that much, DmC and DMC4:SE are coming to PS4 and XONE. not Wii U. They won't be able to compete with Bayo2 anyway.

What do you mean GS being Nintendo's new Mega Man?

GS is nowhere near as iconic. It is awesome though and I would love a GS4 to come out ASAP.

We are just twiddling our thumbs and waiting for some good news for us adepts.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Nah Capcom likes Nintendo but not that much, DmC and DMC4:SE are coming to PS4 and XONE. not Wii U. They won't be able to compete with Bayo2 anyway.

What do you mean GS being Nintendo's new Mega Man?

GS is nowhere near as iconic. It is awesome though and I would love a GS4 to come out ASAP.

We are just twiddling our thumbs and waiting for some good news for us adepts.
I meant that they don't do anything with it, and that interview came from someone from capcom, they may be making a new Mega Man game

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

I don't think anyone in that thread said that all.

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I don't think anyone in that thread said that all.
Nah someone mentioned that as a possible reason for his removal.

Can't find it. Have to dig up that post.

Edit: Nope. Too many pages. In there somewhere :p

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I said it was a potential reason backed by logic, not that it was the reason. We don't know what the actual reason is.

Accursed

Smash Journeyman
Forget him, he is already in the Final Smash (although as an alt fine :))

I want Megaman Zero.

I want this Megaman:

I mean just think about all the cool transformation abilities he would have.

Err... how do I put this into a spoiler?

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Sakurai's comment about a new game in the works and priority has me concerned.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
No clones, granted, DP is the only one I have a problem with, he said Sm4sh won't have as much characters as Brawl, he said Mewtwo would not be made available for people who don't buy both versions, he said he wants characters as accurately as possible
Give me a source when he said no clones.

Because he never once said that.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
However, that interview was indeed interesting, also, there's massive hinting that there are 4 more supposed characters to join the battle, such as in the 3DS screen where you can see that 4 more characters fit (being Mewtwon one of those), as well as in All-Star Mode, there are four unused places where the fighters trophies are, so it seems that we will be drawing near the truth.

Top Bottom