• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
I'm seeing Golden Sun 4 being a New 3DS exclusive as a way to promote it in the Western, since it has been selling like hot breads on Japan and maybe they want to keep the sales high.

At the moment in Golden Sun, I'm up to the Mercury Lighthouse - 8 Djinn, 2 of each element, with Isaac, Garet, Ivan and Mia on the team. Favourite summon so far? Nereid - I wouldn't mind if they used this incarnation of Nereid for Golden Sun 4, so kawaii. :)View attachment 34021By the way - Any ideas what platform Golden Sun 4 should be on? Wii U or 3DS? Also, the Australian e-Shop already has Golden Sun: The Lost Age. I'm debating whether I should buy it or wait until I finish Golden Sun 1 then play it on the GBA since I bought the original cartridge game... That is if I find said cartridge...:ohwell: At least I know that it's somewhere in my room...
I think you should first finish Golden Sun 1, since downloading Golden Sun 2 will probably lure you into start playing tight after the download, so finish Golden Sun 1, then get the password, so that you can transfer all your data to Golden Sun 2.

inb4 Isaac DLC only free for people who have a Wii U
Oh you little :troll:. We all know there will be no exclusivity, sorry to spoil it for you :awesome:.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I'm seeing Golden Sun 4 being a New 3DS exclusive as a way to promote it in the Western, since it has been selling like hot breads on Japan and maybe they want to keep the sales high.

I think you should first finish Golden Sun 1, since downloading Golden Sun 2 will probably lure you into start playing tight after the download, so finish Golden Sun 1, then get the password, so that you can transfer all your data to Golden Sun 2.

Oh you little :troll:. We all know there will be no exclusivity, sorry to spoil it for you :awesome:.
Ah, but the only 2 GS things are already exclusive to the Wii U version, and Sakurai rarely keeps his word

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I recently got past the evil desert and got Lift, what do I do now then? Hammet's wife gave me Reveal
As far as Lunpa goes, you can't get there until you meet Babi, a very key character in the game you meet after reaching the town called Tolbi.

Knife8193

Smash Journeyman
NNID
omar8193
This thread caught my eye. I too would like to join you all in hope that Isaac will possibly return as DLC (though I hate paying for it). If a DLC were to come out, hopefully it would come with a few GS stages/items/music as well.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Items:
-Grip Crystal: Turns the Character's grab into the Grip Psynergy, allowing tether recovery and long range grabs.
-Turtle Boots: Character falls faster and is slower, but is harder to launch.
-Bramble Seed: Throw at an opponent, summons a host of sharp brambles that cause damage and flinching in a small area upon contact.

Also, Toadonpa as an Assist Trophy.

Last edited:

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
Items:
-Grip Crystal: Turns the Character's grab into the Grip Psynergy, allowing tether recovery and long range grabs.
-Bramble Seed: Throw at an opponent, summons a host of sharp brambles that cause damage and flinching in a small area upon contact.

And with the Bramble Seed, the 3 other items of the other elements. Also, the Sleep Bomb would... well, put the enemies it's thrown at asleep and the Sacred Feather would make the next attack's damage annulled.

But, Toadonpa, the least powerful boss as an assist? It would be a nice joke for Golden Sun players, but I'd rather see another adept be an Assist. Jenna would make sense, casting a cool really hot Dragon Fume? Or Alex, using the columns of water he used in The Lost Age's beginning?

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
And with the Bramble Seed, the 3 other items of the other elements. Also, the Sleep Bomb would... well, put the enemies it's thrown at asleep and the Sacred Feather would make the next attack's damage annulled.

But, Toadonpa, the least powerful boss as an assist? It would be a nice joke for Golden Sun players, but I'd rather see another adept be an Assist. Jenna would make sense, casting a cool really hot Dragon Fume? Or Alex, using the columns of water he used in The Lost Age's beginning?
Toadonpa crushes the enemy. And the one who summoned him, if you don't get out of the way. I'm not saying he'd be the only AT (most of the team, Master Hama, even Kraden would be awesome ATs), but he'd be a fun one.

Last edited:

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
Toadonpa crushes the enemy. And the one who summoned him, if you don't get out of the way. I'm not saying he'd be the only AT (most of the team, Master Hama, even Kraden would be awesome ATs), but he'd be a fun one.
Yeah, I agree that it would be funny. But Golden Sun would (will?) probably not have a huge number of Assists. Hence why I wouldn't put it in the first ones.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
I would like Garet to be an Assist, he could attack with his Sword and cast Inferno, Pyroclasm, Liquifier and before vanishing, he could summon Meteor, since Assist Trophies were introduced, the Golden Sun ones have a tendency to be the strongest (see Isaac in Brawl :p ).

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
YOU EVIL!!!

I always put a woman and a man on each side, except one time when I wanted to go to Crossbone Island, I made a different order (not sure which one was).
Crossbone Island is a well thought out easter egg IMO, not just praising it because Life Nourish though. MWAHAHA! I'M INVINCIBLE INVINCI-Oh Colosso won't let me use it.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
Crossbone Island is a well thought out easter egg IMO, not just praising it because Life Nourish though. MWAHAHA! I'M INVINCIBLE INVINCI-Oh Colosso won't let me use it.
Actually, Crossbone Island isn't an easter egg, since you can explore it later, but I'll tell you how to get there once you reach that part, also, after clearing Colosso, you can obtain the Cloak Orb, allowing you to get into Lunpa, which I recommend, since there is a Djinni there.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Actually, Crossbone Island isn't an easter egg, since you can explore it later, but I'll tell you how to get there once you reach that part, also, after clearing Colosso, you can obtain the Cloak Orb, allowing you to get into Lunpa, which I recommend, since there is a Djinni there.
nyeeeeeeh, spoilers! I was going to free Hammet ASAP

D

Deleted member

Yeah, I agree that it would be funny. But Golden Sun would (will?) probably not have a huge number of Assists. Hence why I wouldn't put it in the first ones.
I mean, if you are gonna do ATs for Golden Sun, I'd stick with either Garet or Jenna.

However, Punch-Out!! didn't get an AT (would've loved me some Bald Bull), so I doubt Golden Sun will get their own AT, as well.

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
I mean, if you are gonna do ATs for Golden Sun, I'd stick with either Garet or Jenna.

However, Punch-Out!! didn't get an AT (would've loved me some Bald Bull), so I doubt Golden Sun will get their own AT, as well.
Or King Hippo. Basically stands there like a wall. Glass Joe would have been fun too. (Though I prefer him as a playable character that damages himself like Pichu :p)

Why not Blados and Chalice (Or the ones from 1 or TLA maybe) that function like Samurai Goroh and run around everywhere?

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
But reaching Crossbone Isle early definitely is. I played through the game thrice before I went there early in my 4th playthrough.

Items:

Toadonpa as an AT instead of the supporting cast would be the biggest troll if it makes it in along with playable Isaac. Alex would be nice though, some sort of new moves! Or just put Matthew if they are lazy.

And as I said, I would love if the next GS is on Wii U but considering the franchise has always been on handheld, plus Camelot's current condition (low staff, resources) a 3DS sequel would be much more likely. A sequel exclusive to the New 3DS would be unwise considering the majority won't be able to play it.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I presume Toadonpa is a nickname given to Dodonpa, and I can't advance, in the tunnel ruin, Garet said we should carry some blocks with Psynergy. Do I go back to the docks for Babi or did I miss something?
Toadonpa is a boss you will encounter later. It is related to Lunpa fortress but not much of a spoiler there.

You mean Atmiller cave? You don't need any special psynergy there. Just solve the puzzles normally.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Toadonpa is a boss you will encounter later. It is related to Lunpa fortress but not much of a spoiler there.

You mean Atmiller cave? You don't need any special psynergy there. Just solve the puzzles normally.
But there is a grey block blocking my path! I got that Flux Djinn and used reveal on the stone door

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Even if Golden Sun 4 is exclusive to the new 3ds it'll probably retain it's Chibi style.

How would you feel if Golden Sun went cel shaded? What if the next game had a visual style like Tale of Symphonia or those Atelier crafting games? (They're on Sony consoles)

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Even if Golden Sun 4 is exclusive to the new 3ds it'll probably retain it's Chibi style.

How would you feel if Golden Sun went cel shaded? What if the next game had a visual style like Tale of Symphonia or those Atelier crafting games? (They're on Sony consoles)
I'd like that a lot, I'm not to keen on the chibi style but that's just me

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace

I would prefer it to maintain the chibi style and high definition in battles and cutscenes, like in Pokémon ORAS, however, I also liked the visual style of Tales of Symphonia, but in Golden Sun case, I would prefer it to be like it has always been.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
When I originally made it over two years ago I never once expected this thread would surpass 10000 posts. That's ridiculous and crazy, but in just the best way. Having received literally nothing along the way and ending up with so little makes the truly remarkably inordinate amount of support that much more amazing and powerful. Unlike all the other notable candidates, we did this on pure popularity and desire, and if nothing else, that's something we can be proud of.

Here's hoping Isaac and Golden Sun still have a bright future, but at the very least to knowing that in the minds of fans they won't be soon extinguished!

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Oh my god...I won! I beat Saturnos! And Miranda! I wo-Wait what are they doing? Well, time to grind
EDIT: 4 hours later I beat Fusion Dragon! I've always hated sequelbaiting, but since I'm European, I can get Lost Age whenever, clocked in at 23:04

Last edited:

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
Oh my god...I won! I beat Saturnos! And Miranda! I wo-Wait what are they doing? Well, time to grind
EDIT: 4 hours later I beat Fusion Dragon! I've always hated sequelbaiting, but since I'm European, I can get Lost Age whenever, clocked in at 23:04
Saturos and Miranda, eheh, I laughed (just kidding :p ). Unless they changed her name, Saturos' partner name is Menardi and not Miranda, but the names aren't that different, so it's just understandable that one could mistake it.

Congratulations for clearing Golden Sun the Broken Seal. Now don't forget to transfer your data from Golden Sun 1 to Golden Sun 2, so that you can keep all your gold, items, Djinn and etc. In order to do that, you'll need a file that says Cleared Data. If you have that, then press left and R simultaneosly and then press Start. If done correctly, then a letter should appear, click on it, choose Password and then choose which one do you want (Bronze, Silver or Gold). I usually choose Gold, since it is the one that transfers all the data, however, it is also the biggest, so if you choose it, I suggest you copy it to a paper and make sure there are no mistakes and when you start playing Golden Sun 2, they'll ask if you want to transfer data from Golden Sun 1, choose yes and choose which type (Bronze, Silver or Gold). Once you transfer the data, have fun playing Golden Sun 2.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Saturos and Miranda, eheh, I laughed (just kidding :p ). Unless they changed her name, Saturos' partner name is Menardi and not Miranda, but the names aren't that different, so it's just understandable that one could mistake it.

Congratulations for clearing Golden Sun the Broken Seal. Now don't forget to transfer your data from Golden Sun 1 to Golden Sun 2, so that you can keep all your gold, items, Djinn and etc. In order to do that, you'll need a file that says Cleared Data. If you have that, then press left and R simultaneosly and then press Start. If done correctly, then a letter should appear, click on it, choose Password and then choose which one do you want (Bronze, Silver or Gold). I usually choose Gold, since it is the one that transfers all the data, however, it is also the biggest, so if you choose it, I suggest you copy it to a paper and make sure there are no mistakes and when you start playing Golden Sun 2, they'll ask if you want to transfer data from Golden Sun 1, choose yes and choose which type (Bronze, Silver or Gold). Once you transfer the data, have fun playing Golden Sun 2.
Oh sweet Venus I need to finish Kirby Dreamland 3 and attempt CastleVania first, but thank god I get to keep that stuff then. Miranda and Menardi sound the same when you stay up all night playing your new favourite RPG

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I'm always forgetting whether her name is spelled Menardi or Minardi.....

Speaking of her, my ideal assist trophy would be Saturos & Menardi. It just seems fitting.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Eh. Garet is fine and all.....

but Saturos & Menardi have that "pizazz". I think I'd get way more hyped seeing them jump into the fight.
Especially considering the scumbags at least deserve something. Maybe They do their strongest attacks such as Inferno?
Also, looked at Judgement in Dark Dawn. 3D models. I'm going to give a friend money so he can buy me the game so that when the New3DS comes out I have something

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Haha that would be epic.

After using the Eclipse Scythe in Ninja Gaiden 3: RE I am in love with the weapon class: Scythe.

Obviously Menardi would use it in an E10+ fashion. Plus Saturos and Menardi are the best GS endgame bosses in my opinion. That music! Plus Fusion Dragon for the win ;)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Ideal Assist Trophy would be Felix, doing anything that's too awesome to include in Isaac's moveset. As, Sol Blade's howling attack, Megido, or Oddessey as an attack?

Top Bottom