• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
It hasn't released in PAL yet unfortunately. Been waiting for too long as well.... I don't know when, but he will be included. You know how long it took for them to finish Mewtwo right? A character with a whole functional Melee moveset. Isaac, and the other characters will take more work than that.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I heard Isaac would be available at a 4.0 update along with Sami, Lyn, Knuckles and either Ridley or Skull Kid, hearing that Skull Kid was leak bait and therefore fake, but we really don't know. Isaac is what was convincing enough to me that I'd try it why we PAL pals got it, then I'd try maining him

D

Deleted member

Have we talked about the fact that Isaac is gonna be included in Project M yet?
A little bit. The leaks were surprising, and we discussed for a while what sword from the game as the inspriation for Isaac's shimshar, and I said that Isaac is using Ike as a base.

Problem is, we don't know when 4.0 will come out, and there is also the fear that they might scrap Isaac just because of the leak.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
I think its not so much making GS4 the last installment of the series. It would moreso be; treat the game as if it is, and if it does well enough to continue, awesome. If not, then there's proper closure.
I think what needs to be focused on for the final installment is making the game replayable after the game is beaten, and I'd like to see them try a Pokémon like approach for end game.

I don't like not being able to use certain Psynergies and sometimes certain characters I just want to be able to use them somehow, maybe the Tomegathicon could be used to initiate some sort of catch them all sort of scenario in the post game where we have to aquire various summoning Psynergies involving characters we normally don't get to play as.

I don't know about you, but Call Dullahan was like the coolest things ever for me, I'd like to see a Call Agatio so I can crush my enemies with Rising Dragon, or Call Doom Dragon and just crush everybody with Cruel Ruin.

Summons like Iris just aren't good enough.

BoN~

Smash Cadet
NNID
Riskyx
3DS FC
4742-7971-2374
OMG
Amazing Moveset,I Can Reply This To Nintendo?! :0
(Seriously,I Need Isaac For Smash 4!!! >n<)

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
So I don't think we've talked about this yet, but what would Isaac's newcomer trailer tagline be? (Like the Duck Hunt Takes Aim or Mewtwo Strikes Back (which it better be))

I was thinking Isaac Moves In or something :p
Feel free to add ones for other GS characters (Garet turns up the heat)

BoN~

Smash Cadet
NNID
Riskyx
3DS FC
4742-7971-2374
my moveset is like
all his A move are just hack and slash
but this B move
are charging attack

B down will be Venus Psynergy and use Quake Psynergy series lowest damage but widest range
custom move are Rockfall Psynergy series which is balanced in damage and range and Spire Psynergy series lowest range but high damage

B side will be Mars Psynergy and use Flare Psynergy series which is like Robin firewall attack
custom move are Blast (Fiery) Psynergy series which is a shooting bomb move and Fire Psynergy series while does alot of small damage

B-base will be Mercury Psynergy and use Pixie Psynergy set which heal yourself from above
custom moves are Douse Psynergy series which damage enemy close by for 10 second and Ice Psynergy series which rain down on the enemy doing dmg

B-up will be Jupiter Psynergy but doesn't need to be charged will use Gale which is like Robin elwind
custom move are Bolt which shoot to the floor and blow up giving you alittle boost and Whirlwind which push you up the highest but does little damage to other

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
So I don't think we've talked about this yet, but what would Isaac's newcomer trailer tagline be? (Like the Duck Hunt Takes Aim or Mewtwo Strikes Back (which it better be))

"Isaac shakes it up!"
"Isaac crumbles the competition!"
"Isaac quakes into battle!"
"Isaac stands his ground!"

Last edited:

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace

"Isaac rocks the Battlefield" :awesome:

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
"Isaac rocks the Battlefield" :awesome:
Speaking of "Rocking the Battlefield", some weeks ago, someone challenged me to find an original gimmick for Isaac's gameplay. I came up with this: Isaac "creates" rocks and uses them to fight his opponents. What could be interesting is that the rocks (and maybe other things like stalagmites) should stay for a limited time or in limited number after his attacks, allowing him to "shape" the battlefield and creating platforms and maybe traps. They could be destroyable by other players. Isaac players would have to think quickly to take advantage of this possibility. What do you think about this?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
A little bit. The leaks were surprising, and we discussed for a while what sword from the game as the inspriation for Isaac's shimshar, and I said that Isaac is using Ike as a base.

Problem is, we don't know when 4.0 will come out, and there is also the fear that they might scrap Isaac just because of the leak.
Why would they scrap Isaac cause of the leak? And not the other characters?

ferioku

Smash Ace

They wouldn't scrap a character because of a leak tbh. That will be a stupid mistake on Nintendo's part.

The only thing i'm worried about is if Sakurai will actually add DLC into the game because he's unpredictable. In which case, it's stupid if he tries to dodge DLC because this game has so much DLC potential!

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
They wouldn't scrap a character because of a leak tbh. That will be a stupid mistake on Nintendo's part.

The only thing i'm worried about is if Sakurai will actually add DLC into the game because he's unpredictable. In which case, it's stupid if he tries to dodge DLC because this game has so much DLC potential!
He meant the Isaac leak Project M

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Ugh missed so many posts, this thread fell of my alerts radar.

Well atleast an inclusion in both Project M and Super Smash Flash 2 is a start.

It would be really stupid if Isaac is scrapped due to the leak in the former though. Plus it was not like he was the only one to be leaked.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
AGDQ 2015 has started.

This year, I think I'm going with this as my comment on all my donations:

"Put this towards getting Golden Sun run in SGDQ 2015. #GoldenSunrise"

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Dropping a character because of a leak is a asinine thing to do. Oh you lose your surprise factor? Big whoop. If you made a character addition just for glory cred and not love of the character then what was the point from putting all that work into something on the Project M level?

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
AGDQ 2015 has started.

This year, I think I'm going with this as my comment on all my donations:

"Put this towards getting Golden Sun run in SGDQ 2015. #GoldenSunrise"

I had once considered learning to speedrun Golden Sun just to get it on the GDQ radar. Who knows, maybe it'll happen someday

D

Deleted member

I was referring to Project M and how they sorta have this stigma that they get upset over leak data and decide to not use it if people find out about it before they are supposed to.

Frankly, doing so would be highly ridiculous. I'd rather use it to my advantage because you aren't going to waste resources on a bad gimmick fighter like Pichu or a redundant fighter like Young Link, so you might as well use the original newcomers for your own benefit.

BoN~

Smash Cadet
NNID
Riskyx
3DS FC
4742-7971-2374
HEY GUYS,NINTENDO HAS BEEN REPLYED MY EMAIL!!!

http://m.imgur.com/cbNBZge,VrT6C7v

Hello, Thank you for writing to us. As a fellow fan of the Super Smash Bros. games, I can share in your interest in seeing Roy return to the series, as well as seeing Isaac added as a playable character. Your comments regarding this subject are very important to us; as such, I'll be sure to document your email and add it to the record of feedback for the newest Super Smash Bros. games. I can't guarantee that we will do as you suggested, but please know your comments will be heard and taken into consideration when future decisions are made. If or when we make an announcement about Roy or Isaac joining the battle, we'll be sure to share all of the exciting details at the official Super Smash Bros website (http://smashbros.com). Until then, we appreciate your patience and ask that you keep an eye on the website. Sincerely, Nintendo of America Inc. Curtis Neal

Apollyon

Smash Apprentice

Hello, Thank you for writing to us. As a fellow fan of the Super Smash Bros. games, I can share in your interest in seeing Roy return to the series, as well as seeing Isaac added as a playable character. Your comments regarding this subject are very important to us; as such, I'll be sure to document your email and add it to the record of feedback for the newest Super Smash Bros. games. I can't guarantee that we will do as you suggested, but please know your comments will be heard and taken into consideration when future decisions are made. If or when we make an announcement about Roy or Isaac joining the battle, we'll be sure to share all of the exciting details at the official Super Smash Bros website (http://smashbros.com). Until then, we appreciate your patience and ask that you keep an eye on the website. Sincerely, Nintendo of America Inc. Curtis Neal
Hrm, for one find it it weird that you got what looks like such a personalized email from Nintendo (NoA). Ah well, if it serves as Issac/Roy hype fuel, then I am happy.

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Smash Master

Oh the nonanswer letter of thanks for writing to us. We may(not) consider your concerns. With love(lawl), Nintendo.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Registered both copies of smash last night and suggested Isaac as a playable dlc character in both. Who knows what that will really do but I suppose you never know.

I'd advise anyone suggesting Isaac in this way to keep it short and sweet. I doubt getting an essay would be appreciated.

Felix the Slayer

Ret-2-Go!
3DS FC
3093-7620-3358
Registered both copies of smash last night and suggested Isaac as a playable dlc character in both. Who knows what that will really do but I suppose you never know.

I'd advise anyone suggesting Isaac in this way to keep it short and sweet. I doubt getting an essay would be appreciated.
Thanks for posting that, just finished registering my copy and also suggested Isaac (and Felix :p ) as dlc, hopefully they will listen to our pleads.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478

You know what. Your really a Lucky bas**** to get this kind of message.
After all, Sakurai not like cutting characters, and sometime follow Project M step, not everything but Looking at DK Rolling and Nerfing Diddy down and speed him up (I know is top tier or whats.)

I gonna say this but, I think Mewtwo is not the only one and veterans don;t get any special trailer or whatsoever. Not even Dr. Mario get a trailer because is a veteran and Sonic have it because it was a special case(Third party character)

OMG, the future of Isaac is big. First the Leak of Isaac, Then Super Smash bros. Flash getting Isaac, Then Camelot 20 anniversary and THIS. I think Mewtwo is not going to be alone in His own trailer.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
You know what. Your really a Lucky bas**** to get this kind of message.
After all, Sakurai not like cutting characters, and sometime follow Project M step, not everything but Looking at DK Rolling and Nerfing Diddy down and speed him up (I know is top tier or whats.)

I gonna say this but, I think Mewtwo is not the only one and veterans don;t get any special trailer or whatsoever. Not even Dr. Mario get a trailer because is a veteran and Sonic have it because it was a special case(Third party character)

OMG, the future of Isaac is big. First the Leak of Isaac, Then Super Smash bros. Flash getting Isaac, Then Camelot 20 anniversary and THIS. I think Mewtwo is not going to be alone in His own trailer.
Don't take this too highly, its just a generic "no comment" email.

Personally, I DO think that Isaac was likely considered, maybe even put into partial development, but canned at some point due to GS4 not being put into development yet. Keep in mind, it would've had to have started around E3 last year; maybe planned as early as early in the year, plenty of time for Sakurai to decide not to finish Isaac. And Sakurai basically has confirmed that additional characters were planned, but he can't talk about them... yet he did so for Ice Climbers, probably indicating that he can't talk about the ones they planned because they might add them later (or already plan to do so).

Its good news, but don't take it too highly, because there's always a chance that Isaac was never considered at all (which I highly doubt, personally).

BoN~

Smash Cadet
NNID
Riskyx
3DS FC
4742-7971-2374
""""And Sakurai basically has confirmed that additional characters were planned, but he can't talk about them..""""
OMG
Seriously!?

And Everyone Can Help Sending Messages To Nintendo About Isaac And Roy Pls c:
Nintendo Email! : nintendo@noa.nintendo.com
thanks everyone! :D

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
""""And Sakurai basically has confirmed that additional characters were planned, but he can't talk about them..""""
OMG
Seriously!?

And Everyone Can Help Sending Messages To Nintendo About Isaac And Roy Pls c:
Nintendo Email! : nintendo@noa.nintendo.com
thanks everyone! :D
It was a more recent interview that made the rounds a couple of weeks ago. Well, it made the rounds recently; it may not have been a recent interview, I don't know for sure on that one. Either way, it made the rounds a couple of weeks ago and he stated that they had a number of characters planned, but were cut for various reasons. Several people brought up the notion that that's why Isaac isn't in the game, and some even said stuff like "GS4 deconfirmed" or something like that.

The only problem with this issue is that when Isaac was cut (if he was), then it likely happened before GS4 was put into development. Sakurai may have very well been in contact with Camelot, and possibly considered Isaac as playable due to Dark Dawn being rather recent before development on Smash started (2012), but then 2013 came around and no signs of GS4. By late 2013/early 2014, Sakurai might've already put Isaac on the backburner, and GS4 likely was not planned until as early as the VC re-releases, and as late as when Mario Golf: World Tour was released.

As such, the Sakurai interview doesn't really mean much for GS as a whole, and might even be a boon, since he confirmed the roster was finalized in 2012 (barring the late clones) and additional characters were cut further in development.

BoN~

Smash Cadet
NNID
Riskyx
3DS FC
4742-7971-2374
It was a more recent interview that made the rounds a couple of weeks ago. Well, it made the rounds recently; it may not have been a recent interview, I don't know for sure on that one. Either way, it made the rounds a couple of weeks ago and he stated that they had a number of characters planned, but were cut for various reasons. Several people brought up the notion that that's why Isaac isn't in the game, and some even said stuff like "GS4 deconfirmed" or something like that.

The only problem with this issue is that when Isaac was cut (if he was), then it likely happened before GS4 was put into development. Sakurai may have very well been in contact with Camelot, and possibly considered Isaac as playable due to Dark Dawn being rather recent before development on Smash started (2012), but then 2013 came around and no signs of GS4. By late 2013/early 2014, Sakurai might've already put Isaac on the backburner, and GS4 likely was not planned until as early as the VC re-releases, and as late as when Mario Golf: World Tour was released.

As such, the Sakurai interview doesn't really mean much for GS as a whole, and might even be a boon, since he confirmed the roster was finalized in 2012 (barring the late clones) and additional characters were cut further in development.
Oh,Ok And Thanks :T

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
There are always planned characters that don't make the cut, this is nothing new.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
There are always planned characters that don't make the cut, this is nothing new.
I'm well aware. Now its confirmed. I know there's always planned characters that don't make the cut, now people cannot say otherwise.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'm well aware. Now its confirmed. I know there's always planned characters that don't make the cut, now people cannot say otherwise.
That wasn't really in reply to your comment, but were people saying otherwise? Sakurai has been saying there have been cut characters each time since 64 and that characters getting scrapped along the way is simply part of the development process so at this point more than anything it sort of just goes without saying, doesn't it?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
That wasn't really in reply to your comment, but were people saying otherwise? Sakurai has been saying there have been cut characters each time since 64 and that characters getting scrapped along the way is simply part of the development process so at this point more than anything it sort of just goes without saying, doesn't it?
That's the point I kept trying to make in other threads, but someone in a different thread (not sure if it was the general character discussion thread or the leak thread) kept insisting that Ice Climbers were literally the only cut character and there was "no evidence" of other cut characters whatsoever.

Then the other point I was just making was in reply to some people who posted a few pages back about being worried about GS's future because of this news, when this says nothing that we didn't already know. GS not being chosen for representation, whether being in the game and cut or ignored all-together, doesn't mean anything about GS's future because those decisions were made before a prospective GS4 would've been confirmed (internally) to be in development anyway. It would've been decided--at the earliest--at the start of 2014, but more likely shortly before completion of Mario Golf: World Tour.

Artryuu

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Artryuu
3DS FC
5086-2093-6692
I was so looking forward to Isaac in sb4. Add me to the list of Supporters :D

D

Deleted member

Yeah, just because you sent a message to Nintendo doesn't mean it's gonna be validated. I mean, I can understand your excitement as "OMG! They replied!", but you have to be realistic, as well.

Still... I do hope Nintendo reveals their plans on DLC in the spring so we can either build hype or just move on. I know a cornucopia is gonna be unlikely, but I also think they aren't gonna just have it limited to Mewtwo & cut Brawl veterans... a DLC newcomer would be a pretty big deal.

Top Bottom