• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Man, Isaac to be nowhere found, I will still playing the game and do almost everything 100% I can.

Welcome Back @ N3ON N3ON People really miss you. Like a lot.

Accursed

Smash Journeyman
For a time, I've considered buying Golden Sun for Wii U virtual console, but now I have a question.

Does anyone know if any famous YouTube personalities like Chuggaaconroy, NintendoCapriSun, or JoshJepson have done a let's play of it?
Go with my most favourite YouTuber, Boltage McGammar. Although he's been off YT for a long time (4 years!), he's done Let's Plays on both GS and it's sequel. He's what got me interested on the internet in the first place.

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
Is it too late to be added to the support list? I'd like to see Isaac go the way of Little Mac as DLC.

Mav485

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1504-7090-2374
Switch FC
SW 7228 3594 2505
Glad I brought N3ON out with my tag. =P I just wanted to be on that support list.

I skimmed back through the OP and might have missed this but.....if Isaac were to be added as a character, what kind of stage would people like to see added on Golden Sun's behalf?

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Great idea would be on one of those Lemurain Ship's sailing through Weyard. Or Mt. Aleph's Elemental Stars Chamber.

Mav485

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1504-7090-2374
Switch FC
SW 7228 3594 2505
Mt. Aleph is the one I keep thinking of as well. Vale could be cool. Maybe one of the lighthouses. Mt. Aleph seems like it could be the most distinct location though. Maybe a mix between that and Vale even?

XxLTxX

Smash Rookie
I hope it's not too late, but @ N3ON N3ON could I be added to the list of supporters?
Also, I wish I could join the trophy hunt, but I don't have a Wii U....

Last edited:

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
Go with my most favourite YouTuber, Boltage McGammar. Although he's been off YT for a long time (4 years!), he's done Let's Plays on both GS and it's sequel. He's what got me interested on the internet in the first place.
Hah, I've watched his Golden Sun LPs as well, and can attest that they're pretty great XD

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Heya welcome back @ N3ON N3ON ! Nice way to announce yourself, at the absolute end of a page.

Done lurking or you going to go back in hiding again? :p

At this point, I don't care if Isaac, Felix, or Matthew never get in Smash... I just don't want Golden Sun to die... I want this franchise to continue getting games. I really like the world and mythology of Weyard.

It is same with how I feel about Toad. He might never get in Smash but I keep hoping that Nintendo keeps Toad in the spotlight... New Super Mario Bros. Wii/U, Super Mario 3D World, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, and beyond... that, and I really like the world, mythology, and weird logic of the Mushroom Kingdom.

Smash is not the be-all and end-all.
Yup. What we really want is Golden Sun to continue. We just want him to be in Smash cause that will give us a chance to play as an adept of one of our favourite games plus have the dual effect of increasing Isaac's visibility AND popularity causing the chances of another GS to become even more likely.

In the end, a GS4 will probably be much better than Isaac in Smash but one scenario will definitely increases the chances of the other. And together they will be amazing!

Let's just keep waiting for #GoldenSunday. Whatever that brings first!

D

Deleted member

It's a great sign to see N3ON return, even if it was for a moment.

Anyhow, I got back to playing The Lost Age, and I completed my favorite segment of the game, Gaia Rock.

EDIT: The Completionist revealed that there are 716 trophies in the Wii U version.

Yes, the stuff with more data barely burped out 31 more trophies. I don't think Isaac made this cut.

Last edited by a moderator:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
It's a great sign to see N3ON return, even if it was for a moment.

Anyhow, I got back to playing The Lost Age, and I completed my favorite segment of the game, Gaia Rock.
Well what do you know! That is my favourite rock as well! Not sure about favourite region but it might make the cut.

EDIT: The Completionist revealed that there are 716 trophies in the Wii U version.

Yes, the stuff with more data barely burped out 31 more trophies. I don't think Isaac made this cut.
So an Isaac trophy was not there huh?

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
So no Isaac trophy?

Only a matter of time until we see Isaac's dlc being revealed seeing that Super Smash Bros 3ds/WiiU should indeed have one more character.

It's time, Golden Sun is not dead, we will rise from the brink of extinction, and all will kneel before us!!!

Believe in Arcanus.

@ LasermasterA LasermasterA I disagree, my favorite Rock is this one.

But of the Golden Sun rocks, I like Magma Rock, that music.

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
So no Isaac AT. Hope rising.

Favorite Rock? :4megaman:... Still Magma Rock, just because of that music.

I'm still an Isaac supporter. I don't hang around much lately. But I'd love to have Isaac. Maybe then I can let go of :4shulk: from my submains.

NNID
AwesomeCauliflwr
3DS FC
0576-6167-0092
For a time, I've considered buying Golden Sun for Wii U virtual console, but now I have a question.

Does anyone know if any famous YouTube personalities like Chuggaaconroy, NintendoCapriSun, or JoshJepson have done a let's play of it?
superjeenius is friends with them and he loves the golden sun series, i am pretty sure he has done 1 and 2

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
Golden Sun Dark Dawn came out 4 years ago today.
This is Smash 4.
The next Golden Sun would be #4.
There are four lighthouses.
#IsaacConfirmed

KotS

Smash Rookie
So no AT and no trophy as well but they kept the track in Norfair and added a new one in Palutena's Temple (which is a good sign because Sakurai made Kid Icarus Uprising...).

Is there another game that has soundtracks but no other stuff at all ?

Cuz I don't really know how to feel about this. No AT is a great thing but no trophy at all is bad IMO.

Apollyon

Smash Apprentice
The game has 15 newcomers, including Mii Fighters as one. One short of 16 which is divisible by 4 :p
Not to mention, but the limits on fighters in Sm4sh is four on the 3DS and eight on the Wii U. Both are divisible by four.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Personally the whole scenario is looking to be less of a Judgment and more of a Catastrophe.
Getting cold feet?

Don't worry, there is always DLC. It is BOUND to happen. Even Sakurai indirectly said that Mewtwo is testing the waters.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
It's a summon joke. :/
I thought it was a summon joke paired with apprehensiveness or something... :confused:

Hey, I love Catastrophe and would love it to happen! Favourite summon after all! Judgement's twisted brother was always cooler than his more "Judicious" counterpart.

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Would love Isaac to to just fuse with his Djinn morph into Judgment for like 15 seconds and wreck stuff with it's Sword and Lion Shield Cannon and then morph into Catastrophe for a huge attack that hits the entire screen. No escape. Meep.

Felix the Slayer

Ret-2-Go!
3DS FC
3093-7620-3358
Would love Isaac to to just fuse with his Djinn morph into Judgment for like 15 seconds and wreck stuff with it's Sword and Lion Shield Cannon and then morph into Catastrophe for a huge attack that hits the entire screen. No escape. Meep.
Sounds awesome, but it'd be a bit over kill.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
I liked this, however, instead of morphing into Catastrophe, he would fly to the middle of the screen and launch a huge explosion that would cover the entire battlefield.

I prefer Catastrophe over Judgement, however, it doesn't have the same elemental affiliation to Isaac that Judgement has.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
So guys, what favorite moments did you have hanging out here in this support thread?
Aimlessly looking for clues, trophies about Golden Sun stuff. Only to be denied a lot and get a non remixed Overworld Theme from Dark Dawn which leaves me and Kraden wondering why add a new track, remove a GS Assist Trophy and Isaac Trophy and not bother to put the Dark Dawn track in the 3DS version since GS was predominantly a handheld RPG series. Strikes me as super odd. Not to mention the fact the 3DS version was 1 to 2 GB smaller then it should be implying DLC down the road.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
How do I unlock the Golden Sun song on Palutena's Temple? Is it a random CD drop or is there a challenge for it?

Top Bottom