• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

No offense, but its because Mac is far more culturally relevant than Isaac and is iconic. Not to mention he and Duck Hunt are the two characters Sakurai added because of how popular they are in the west (and Mac had a recent, popular Wii game)

Golden Sun is a great game, but it's just not as important to Nintendo's history as Punch-Out. It was ones their biggest successes early on in the western market via the NES, Arcade Machines, and the SNES.

Don't get me wrong I want Isaac just as badly, but if any ONE character made the jump from AT Mac is the only logical choice.
I dunno about that. Golden Sun is slowly becoming a well-known Nintendo franchise again with its two VC releases. The original games were pretty popular back in the day, selling over a million. Golden Sun is also regarded as of the best RPGs ever to be released by Nintendo by many critics.

As for recency, Dark Dawn came out a while after Brawl on the DS, and Golden Sun 4 might just be on the horizen according to Camelot.

Sounds pretty "logical" to me.

Last edited:

KoM

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ReiTsubomi
3DS FC
2638-0679-1408
I dunno about that. Golden Sun is slowly becoming a well-known Nintendo franchise again with its two VC releases. The original games were pretty popular back in the day, selling over a million. Golden Sun is also regarded as of the best RPGs ever to be released by Nintendo by many critics.

As for recency, Dark Dawn came out a while after Brawl on the DS, and Golden Sun 4 might just be on the horizen according to Camelot.

Sounds pretty "logical" to me.
Yes but I'm saying that in the long run its not a major part of Nintendo's history to them. It was a modestly successful classic RPG on the GBA.

We the fans love it and rightly so, but does Nintendo? They're clearly supporting their other big named RPG in-house developer much better than Camelot. They seem mostly content as long as they pump out Mario Golf and Tennis.

Im not arguing Isaac not getting 'promoted' is illogical, I'm saying that out of all ATs Mac is the most logical. Rereading what I replied too I was misreading it though since he wasn't even arguing that so it's on me.

I actually don't think I was registered as a supporter, so while I'm here... Count me.

Mav485

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1504-7090-2374
Switch FC
SW 7228 3594 2505
@ N3ON N3ON I am a supporter for Isaac in Smash!!

ZeldaFan01

Cassie Shore/Shelby Goodkind (Netflix)
NNID
?
No offense, but its because Mac is far more culturally relevant than Isaac and is iconic. Not to mention he and Duck Hunt are the two characters Sakurai added because of how popular they are in the west (and Mac had a recent, popular Wii game)

Golden Sun is a great game, but it's just not as important to Nintendo's history as Punch-Out. It was ones their biggest successes early on in the western market via the NES, Arcade Machines, and the SNES.

Don't get me wrong I want Isaac just as badly, but if any ONE character made the jump from AT Mac is the only logical choice.
Are you sure he's the ONLY logical choice out of 27 AT's in Brawl? I'm sure there at others besides little mac that were just as popular and couldve moved up like him

KotS

Smash Rookie
Are you sure he's the ONLY logical choice out of 27 AT's in Brawl? I'm sure there at others besides little mac that were just as popular and couldve moved up like him
He's right, Little Mac was the most logical choice. Punch Out is much more iconic than Golden Sun.
But Isaac was the second AT that deserved to become playable.

KoM

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ReiTsubomi
3DS FC
2638-0679-1408
He's right, Little Mac was the most logical choice. Punch Out is much more iconic than Golden Sun.
Exactly. I didn't say ONLY logical choice. Only that if there were one opening for a 'promotion' Mac wins out over all 27 bar none.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
@ N3ON N3ON I am a supporter for Isaac in Smash!!
I haven't seen you much around. Sadly @ N3ON N3ON has not been active on this thread. Although the thread titles have been changing so maybe she is just not posting.

In the list or not, welcome to the #Isaac4Smash thread!

Yes but I'm saying that in the long run its not a major part of Nintendo's history to them. It was a modestly successful classic RPG on the GBA.

We the fans love it and rightly so, but does Nintendo? They're clearly supporting their other big named RPG in-house developer much better than Camelot. They seem mostly content as long as they pump out Mario Golf and Tennis.

Im not arguing Isaac not getting 'promoted' is illogical, I'm saying that out of all ATs Mac is the most logical. Rereading what I replied too I was misreading it though since he wasn't even arguing that so it's on me.

I actually don't think I was registered as a supporter, so while I'm here... Count me.
Yea Nintendo is really dropping the ball on this. I mean two flagship RPGs are always better than one. Plus they cater to slightly different audiences with Xenoblade focusing more on action and MMORPG type gameplay whereas GS relies on puzzles and turn-based gameplay.

Although GS is rising up in popularity with more people becoming aware of the game due to the VC releases but Nintendo so far hasn't really done much to support GS. It is also Camelot's fault to have left it hanging for so long and at their current capacity, they will have problems developing GS4 without Nintendo's help.

Hopefully Nintendo has recognized this and are preparing a surprise next year for a Nintendo Direct or directly at E3! Little Mac might have been the most logical choice but Isaac is definitely the most logical choice left behind. He would be a perfect DLC character to also support GS4!

Anyways, welcome to the thread. As I said, @ N3ON N3ON may or may not add you considering she has not been active.

Last edited:

KoM

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ReiTsubomi
3DS FC
2638-0679-1408
I haven't seen you much around. Sadly @ N3ON N3ON has not been active on this thread. Although the thread titles have been changing so maybe she is just not posting.

In the list or not, welcome to the #Isaac4Smash thread!

Yea Nintendo is really dropping the ball on this. I mean two flagship RPGs are always better than one. Plus they cater to slightly different audiences with Xenoblade focusing more on action and MMORPG type gameplay whereas GS relies on puzzles and turn-based gameplay.

Although GS is rising up in popularity with more people becoming aware of the game due to the VC releases but Nintendo so far hasn't really done much to support GS. It is also Camelot's fault to have left it hanging for so long and at their current capacity, they will have problems developing GS4 without Nintendo's help.

Hopefully Nintendo has recognized this and are preparing a surprise next year for a Nintendo Direct or directly at E3! Little Mac might have been the most logical choice but Isaac is definitely the most logical choice left behind. He would be a perfect DLC character to also support GS4!

Anyways, welcome to the thread. As I said, @ N3ON N3ON may or may not add you considering she has not been active.
Thanks for actually getting what I was saying.

I'm really not sure about Golden Sun's future, but I'm willing to be optimistic. I really do believe he has the highest chance to me for Newcomer DLC (tied with Wonder Red, as the amount of W101 content and references in the game is mind boggling) but the fact that he was taken out says a lot to me.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I really must play Golden Sun at some point.

I'm not a big fan of turn-based RPGs, should I still give it a go?

Last edited:

ZeldaFan01

NNID
?
Exactly. I didn't say ONLY logical choice. Only that if there were one opening for a 'promotion' Mac wins out over all 27 bar none.
Well..fine you guys are right, the truth hurts. It's just I don't like like little mac very much.. I wish other assist moved up because I think they're "cooler" and their move set would be more unique (i.e. Saki, Isaac, Lyn, (not shadow, he'll just be a clone but i still wanted him)). But the truth is either their games didn't sell well, or they have no future and aren't popular enough. But that doesn't mean i won't lose hope for Isaac for DLC!

ZeldaFan01

NNID
?

Two reasons:
1. you get to play as Isaac! and number two the gameplay, concept, and storyline is so good! you'll fall in love with it trust me

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
Hi everyone, I'm new here! I've just made an account to speak on this topic.
I read it for a few months, as I search for every little piece of information about Isaac's chances of entering Smash 4.
I'm also trying to spread my love of Golden Sun to others on Reddit and Twitter, as well as a french gaming site (since I'm, well, French) where I'm known for my "Isaac bias". x)

I'm quite... radical about Smash 4 because I don't intend to buy it if Isaac's not in the game. I'm not rolling in money so buying a Wii U and Smash is a big decision, and even if the 50 facts extravaganza showed me a lot of good points, I'm stubborn.
So, I really hope to see our beloved Venus Adept (finally!) making it in as a playable character!

It's nice to finally be able to speak with you! :)

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Little Mac make more sense to be playable.
It was the A.T. Chosen to be playable. It have more history with Nintendo than Isaac so, It was obvious HE gonna be in.
But Isaac is actually the second most requested A.T. in Smash.

Are you guys saw the comment of Gamexplain when they show all the assist?

People were crazy asking about Isaac DLC, Even one of them call him like How god he is. The fans of Isaac are out there, for real.

DecaHibiki

Smash Apprentice
Have you hear about that hans (isaac) was removed for him diferents names overseas?
He is Robin in Japan, and Robin is Reflet.
Idk, is strange remove him as AT to nothing and more because he has a lot of fans.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink

Have to say, I never could get into turn-based RPGs at all either. They always bored me. I rather control what my character is doing (i.e. dodging attacks, attacking weak points, etc.). But when I played GoldenSun, I fell in love with it! It's easy to know what you're doing, the story and lore of the game is amazing (if you're into that), you get to solve puzzles (like in Zelda) and not just move forward to another destination, exploring is great, collecting Djinn that will strengthen, change and/or help your stats in your quest, and much much more. It is definitely worth trying. I may not play other turn-based RPGs at all, GoldenSun will be one I will always look forward to play again and again.
Make sure you don't put your expectations too high though. That usually tends to get people to not give the game a second chance. My expectation was pretty low when I started playing for the first time, but I decided to give it a chance to a game genre that I hate, but now love this game entirely. Hope you'll enjoy it when you try it out when you get the time. :)

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326

I think you should give it a try. Golden Sun is quite different from the other turn-based RPGs I have played. I liked Final Fantasy VII and IV but I absolutely LOVED Golden Sun.

It is quite different from the other turn-based RPGs, something that other series lack. Maybe it is just the puzzle based map or the Djinn mechanics but it has a different attractive point about it. I can't exactly nail what, but even Golden Sun: Dark Dawn had that endearing quality about it.

Turn based RPGs are not everyone's thing but Golden Sun is a bit different so it could appeal to you!

Hi everyone, I'm new here! I've just made an account to speak on this topic.
I read it for a few months, as I search for every little piece of information about Isaac's chances of entering Smash 4.
I'm also trying to spread my love of Golden Sun to others on Reddit and Twitter, as well as a french gaming site (since I'm, well, French) where I'm known for my "Isaac bias". x)

I'm quite... radical about Smash 4 because I don't intend to buy it if Isaac's not in the game. I'm not rolling in money so buying a Wii U and Smash is a big decision, and even if the 50 facts extravaganza showed me a lot of good points, I'm stubborn.
So, I really hope to see our beloved Venus Adept (finally!) making it in as a playable character!

It's nice to finally be able to speak with you! :)
Heya! I joined for the very same reason and you could say this thread is my "home" on Smashboards.

I was also thinking about the same because I was a huge fanatic regarding GS representation in the game but the upcoming library did sway my mind. But my demand for Isaac has still not fallen and I still hope to see our adept inside the game as a playable character.

Welcome to Smashboards! And the #Isaac4Smash thread!

Let's hope our #GoldenSunday comes soon :)

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
I could explain why Golden Sun is an excelent choice, but it seems @ LasermasterA LasermasterA and @ SonicLink125 SonicLink125 :4greninja:'d me on that, so all I can say is that Golden Sun is awesome and different than other turn-based RPGs and it has some pretty cool moments and some plot-twists. I could tell you what my favorite part was, but then I would be spoiling and I won't be adding a spoiler bar, because that may lure @ Wintropy Wintropy into opening it and read it, so just go ahead and try Golden Sun, it is awesome.

Isaac 4 Smash Bros 4.

Staarih

Smash Master
Yeah, I would totally recommend Golden Sun. I didn't try them out until the GBA games came out on the Wii U and while skeptical at first, I was pleasantly surprised. Definitely a fan!

Anyway, I finally got Smash Wii U today! I actually only just started it as I was busy all day. Funny fact: the very first thing I did was play a round of normal Smash with random characters and a random stage. Guess what stage was chosen? Norfair. Guess what music played? Golden Sun. Of course.

ZeldaFan01

NNID
?
What ever happen to the guy that said there was an isaac trophy? And why is this thread still called the great trophy hunt if there isn't one?

D

Deleted member

What ever happen to the guy that said there was an isaac trophy? And why is this thread still called the great trophy hunt if there isn't one?
Wandered off. No matter how many times we ask for him, he never comes off. I'm safe to assume he was, indeed, trolling us.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
For a time, I've considered buying Golden Sun for Wii U virtual console, but now I have a question.

Does anyone know if any famous YouTube personalities like Chuggaaconroy, NintendoCapriSun, or JoshJepson have done a let's play of it?

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Guys, My hunt come too far, I have 400+ trophys.
At least I have 3 Rayman Trophy, 3... 3... Rayman, Globox and Barabara (Princess Viking)!
I can't find, a Man name Isaac. Is really that M.I.A.

I have to complete that really frustaring challenge, Complete 9.0 Classic whyout losing a single life. And Clear all start with all the characters on Hard... There too hard to do it, It taking so such trilas and error!? But in reality is all about luck... I can't do it... But sometime I will!

At least I did the K.O. You rival 4 times challenge just to get Ice Climber trophy's... I better keep Hunting.

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
As for the trophy thing, I looked up the challenge rewards on Smash Wiki and saw nothing related to Golden Sun. I don't even have 300 Trophies, but I guess I'll do what I can to help find an Isaac trophy.

ZeldaFan01

NNID
?
Guys, My hunt come too far, I have 400+ trophys.
At least I have 3 Rayman Trophy, 3... 3... Rayman, Globox and Barabara (Princess Viking)!
I can't find, a Man name Isaac. Is really that M.I.A.

I have to complete that really frustaring challenge, Complete 9.0 Classic whyout losing a single life. And Clear all start with all the characters on Hard... There too hard to do it, It taking so such trilas and error!? But in reality is all about luck... I can't do it... But sometime I will!

At least I did the K.O. You rival 4 times challenge just to get Ice Climber trophy's... I better keep Hunting.
As for the trophy thing, I looked up the challenge rewards on Smash Wiki and saw nothing related to Golden Sun. I don't even have 300 Trophies, but I guess I'll do what I can to help find an Isaac trophy.
Guys, if what me and JDogindy are thinking is true, then maybe you guys should just give up... It's good that there isn't one because I don't even feel comfortable of how there's going to be Mewtwo trophies. So assuming Isaac for DLC, having just a fighter trophy for him is fine with me. But by all means continue looking if you really think theres more GS content than just two songs

D

Deleted member

For a time, I've considered buying Golden Sun for Wii U virtual console, but now I have a question.

Does anyone know if any famous YouTube personalities like Chuggaaconroy, NintendoCapriSun, or JoshJepson have done a let's play of it?
Not that I know of, but I don't think you need a Let's Play to enjoy the game. I'm more into the New Legacy Inc school of playing something and making stupid comments, though that only applies to open world stuff and wrestling games.

Though, in the Virtual Console version, did they fix the mistake where Isaac's overworld sprites were used in the Elemental Stars Chamber by accident?

Last edited by a moderator:

Dizzy_Fool

Smash Apprentice
I have about 600 trophies, a little less, but no sight of Isaac. I doubt he's a trophy, it already would've been found by someone.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Guys, if what me and JDogindy are thinking is true, then maybe you guys should just give up... It's good that there isn't one because I don't even feel comfortable of how there's going to be Mewtwo trophies. So assuming Isaac for DLC, having just a fighter trophy for him is fine with me. But by all means continue looking if you really think theres more GS content than just two songs
Never give up! Trust your instincts! Even if nothing shows up then that in itself is progress and only raises more questions.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
It feels so weird playing Smash on the Wii U. I'm just so used to playing on the 3DS that it has been taking me time to get used to the change (I play using the Wii classic controller, as I did in Brawl). Nevertheless, it should be much easier for me now to perform Smashes and advanced techniques now that I have two analogue sticks.

Anyhow, now that I have mine copy of Smash, I guess I'll join the trophy hunt. I think I'll also search for any other Golden Sun songs.

Man... to think the game is finally out now, after years of speculation... It's absolutely mind-blowing.

Kisae

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Darkkisae
@ ZeldaFan01 ZeldaFan01 You shouldn't give up yet. It's too weird thaht Isaac is missing like this with any representation at all. Let's wait for some news of our Trophy Hunters, i still have to wait the game delivery by Amazon so i can't join the hunt for the moment.

I search about some forums in Spanish and Isaac or Hans(spanish name, i had GS1 in spanish since i'm spanish myself x)) seems very requested too but for the moment it's a blackout of our Earth Adept =/

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
it's honestly quite baffling Rayman has 3 trophies when it was never known to be a series that relevant to Nintendo and no sight of Isaac so far, hell, after what they did with Legends I'd want no business representing Ubisoft in the game

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290

None of them did, but gameguy888 did a good lets play of it, also doing the second game now.

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
At this point in time, I'm starting to get worried. If Isaac isn't a trophy then that means the only way he can be in the game in any way is through DLC, and even that isn't guaranteed. If he isn't DLC then he won't be in the game at all which is mystifying. Why include him in Brawl as an AT and remove him from the next game without reason? Especially when he is a highly requested character? Something very fishy is brewing...

ZeldaFan01

NNID
?
@ ZeldaFan01 ZeldaFan01 You shouldn't give up yet. It's too weird thaht Isaac is missing like this with any representation at all. Let's wait for some news of our Trophy Hunters, i still have to wait the game delivery by Amazon so i can't join the hunt for the moment.

I search about some forums in Spanish and Isaac or Hans(spanish name, i had GS1 in spanish since i'm spanish myself x)) seems very requested too but for the moment it's a blackout of our Earth Adept =/
First I don't even have the wii u version nor do I plan to get, I'm just fine with the 3ds version. Anyway out of 8 missing brawl assists, only like 3 trophies have been found. So I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't one of him

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
At this point, I don't care if Isaac, Felix, or Matthew never get in Smash... I just don't want Golden Sun to die... I want this franchise to continue getting games. I really like the world and mythology of Weyard.

It is same with how I feel about Toad. He might never get in Smash but I keep hoping that Nintendo keeps Toad in the spotlight... New Super Mario Bros. Wii/U, Super Mario 3D World, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, and beyond... that, and I really like the world, mythology, and weird logic of the Mushroom Kingdom.

Smash is not the be-all and end-all.

Last edited:

Dizzy_Fool

Smash Apprentice
I wouldn't worry about Toad ever completely leaving the spotlight. He's pretty much a staple in one form or another. I mean he even got a starring role this year.

The GS situation is much more uncertain. If we do get a GS4 in the next little while though, I can't imagine the series would still be at the point where it can get by being totally (or mostly) ignored. Assuming Isaac isn't DLC that is.

Top Bottom