• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
I think Sakurai is trying to convice Master Hand to let Isaac join the battle, because Master Hand is scared, after all, it never had to deal with a fighter that can create his own Master Hand :troll:.

Jokes aside, I think Isaac is one of the most likely DLC characters, because while Mewtwo had a trophy, he was already of a represented franchise, so if Sakurai wants to add a character of a franchise that never had a playable rep, the most correct move would be to make it via DLC, let's remember that there are only 1.1 GB used in the game, there are still near 1GB memory left, so there's hope for Isaac, GS trophies and Venus Lighthouse stages with both Venus Lighthouse Theme and Isaac Battle theme.

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608
There's a lot of evidence of Issac probably being a playable DLC character. I mean there is literally no golden sun presence in smash bros 4, no assist trophy, no trophy, and no music. Especially when brawl had all of this and stickers, I don't know but it all seems extremely fishy to me.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
There's a lot of evidence of Issac probably being a playable DLC character. I mean there is literally no golden sun presence in smash bros 4, no assist trophy, no trophy, and no music. Especially when brawl had all of this and stickers, I don't know but it all seems extremely fishy to me.
At the same time, doesn't it feel kinda sad GS has no content (in the 3DS version) while other smaller franchises got representation in trophy form.

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608
At the same time, doesn't it feel kinda sad GS has no content (in the 3DS version) while other smaller franchises got representation in trophy form.
That's why I think all that will change with Golden sun DLC for smash bros 4 with the full package of unlockable trophies, music, a stage, and playable issac.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
This to me is the main reason I have to believe in Isaac dlc, because the alternative (barring some kind of representation on the Wii U version) is just far too brutal for me to swallow.

I mean only getting a trophy is one thing, but no representation at all? You're just asking us to be bitter at that point.

Last edited:

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
Once we get Golden Sun DLC, I hope we get playable Isaac, several GS trophies, Venus Lighthouse and for soundtracks I would go: Isaac Battle Theme for Venus Lighthouse Stage; Venus Lighthouse music for Venus Lighthouse stage (pretty obvious) and the remix from Brawl and Angarian Journey/Walking Forward with Determination so that you could select theme to play in the Smash Run.

Isaac for DLC!!!

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
This to me is the main reason I have to believe in Isaac dlc, because the alternative (barring some kind of representation on the Wii U version) is just far too brutal for me to swallow.

I mean only getting a trophy is one thing, but no representation at all? You're just asking us to be bitter at that point.
Keep in mind the content removals for a franchise probably isn't to piss the fans, most likely for different reasons. I don't find your statement a valid support argument.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Keep in mind the content removals for a franchise probably isn't to piss the fans, most likely for different reasons. I don't find your statement a valid support argument.
I don't see what the problem is.

Super Smash Bros is also like an encyclopedia of Nintendo. If a franchise doesn't appear in any form it might as well be equivalent to saying that said franchise isn't important to Nintendo. It doesn't matter what the reason for exclusion is.

I don't see much room for interpretation.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

Its not that its merely "brutal," its that its a ludicrous idea in the first place. There's no reason to cut all GS content because the franchise got one mediocre game. All of the obscure franchises in the game right now show clearly that they've delved hard into Nintendo's vast history and picked out games both more obscure and far less "important" to Nintendo as a whole than GS. It doesn't make SENSE to do so. Its not a matter of it being "brutal."

The possibility is there, but I still say its slim at best. At the very least Isaac should've had a trophy, even if they decided to cut his AT.

Quetzal77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
yomugo
3DS FC
1349-4940-0147
So, guys, I've been posting in support of Isaac on the Japanese POTD since Sakurai said he does read comments. If anyone else wants to do the same, this "黄金の太陽のロビンDLC!" basically says "Isaac from Golden Sun for DLC!" I also post about Lucas, lol, but yeah! I'm hoping maybe some of the Japanese users will get curious and remember Isaac if they see random foreigners posting about him. And then who knows, that could go all the way up to Sakurai. :p

StormC

Smash Hero
Sign me up as a supporter of Isaac as DLC for Super Smash Bros. For Nintendo 3DS And Wii U.

I feel like besides a few characters (K. Rool, Impa, Chorus Boys, Dixie Kong), Isaac is one of the only immediate potential newcomers left that make sense as DLC. Everyone else has either been included or deconfirmed, and it would be great to have an earth-based fighter since the roster is definitely sorely lacking that.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
It is still hard to imagine that no Golden Sun content exists or has been spotted in SSB4 yet.

Hopefully Nintendo/Sakurai is keeping us waiting to announce him as DLC.

Last edited:

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
DLC seems to be the only logical conclusion for Isaac, since he was a pretty popular AT in Brawl to be promoted, his removal is extremely suspicious.

D

Deleted member

There's not a lot of detracters for Isaac, if he happens, I will probably post a really long apology. :7(
I'll be sure to remember this comment if it happens. But, I'll give you a pass... it's the GameFAQs losers I want to react.

Anyway, I find his absence puzzling, to put it mildly. Especially due to the fact that more obscure characters have trophies in the 3DS version. I mean, it would be easy to argue that he deserves it the most, since I'm a fan of him, but I think a more valid argument is commenting why Isaac deserves to be looked at as a potential DLC fighter, with the basic comment being "He is a commonly requested character who was an AT in Brawl".

D

Deleted member

Who are the Gamefaqs detractors of Isaac?
Have you seen any notable ones?
Notable users... I don't pay that much attention, largely since I am so turned off by the website.

But, it's generally whenever people bring up Isaac, he gets every excuse possible for him not being in the game at all (from the "too many swordsmen" excuses to "his last game was a flop", which isn't exactly true), and people saying "Golden Sun is a terrible game!". I mean, if you don't like the RPG, that's fine, and I know some key reasons why some people may not enjoy it (can be conversaton-heavy, and the overworld interactive elements still turn off a few people), but don't trash people who want a guy in from a series that has some credentials for its involvement in Smash Bros..

It's a 65% positive support/35% negative whenever Isaac is discussed. And it's the 35% that bugs me, to be honest.

Last edited by a moderator:

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Gamefaqs isn't that bad. To me personally, the majority there just want attention with the one-liner posts. Whether or not you are a popular newcomer choice or not, you'll generally get the negative responses. :p

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Gamefaqs isn't that bad. To me personally, the majority there just want attention with the one-liner posts. Whether or not you are a popular newcomer choice or not, you'll generally get the negative responses. :p
That is true with just about every selection. It's a haven for people who just want to revel in playing the role of "troll".

But, it's more of a general tolerance thing to the fact that it's usually one-liners instead of detailed explinations, and our levels of tolerance do vary. Still, it's better than the "-chan" sites.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Yeah. The Golden Sun icon in the "leak" is the exact same icon on the first page of this Thread.
To be fair, an actual GS icon would likely be VERY similar to the one on the first post. It is just based on the sun in the title from Dark Dawn.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
To be fair, an actual GS icon would likely be VERY similar to the one on the first post. It is just based on the sun in the title from Dark Dawn.
True, but that still points out the image as fake. Once Nintendo releases a Golden Sun icon we can get a good comparison.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
True, but that still points out the image as fake. Once Nintendo releases a Golden Sun icon we can get a good comparison.
Yes, I'm sure if they confirm Isaac dlc we'll all head straight here to compare icons. :b:

I'm pretty sure I won't be able to piece together a rational thought about Isaac and Golden Sun for a few days afterwards.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Yes, I'm sure if they confirm Isaac dlc we'll all head straight here to compare icons. :b:

I'm pretty sure I won't be able to piece together a rational thought about Isaac and Golden Sun for a few days afterwards.
That's how I felt about Robin's reveal. Until the ESRB leak ruined everything. :p

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
You know what's gotten me very curious about. The connectivity of the 3DS and Wii U. There was a text based leak of certain parts that would happen as soon as you connect the systems and would bring up a "Challenger Approaches" screen. Whether this is true or not, it really got me thinking if Isaac could be that one secret fighter that can only be unlocked by connecting the two games. Right now, I can only hope, but man would that be a wonderful surprise as soon you get home to play the Wii U game for the first time and decide to connect your 3DS to it, BAM! Isaac has appeared. What do you think? It is a possibility!
Either way, here's hoping for Isaac DLC.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
You know what's gotten me very curious about. The connectivity of the 3DS and Wii U. There was a text based leak of certain parts that would happen as soon as you connect the systems and would bring up a "Challenger Approaches" screen. Whether this is true or not, it really got me thinking if Isaac could be that one secret fighter that can only be unlocked by connecting the two games. Right now, I can only hope, but man would that be a wonderful surprise as soon you get home to play the Wii U game for the first time and decide to connect your 3DS to it, BAM! Isaac has appeared. What do you think? It is a possibility!
Either way, here's hoping for Isaac DLC.
Pretty sure the challenger approaches text is just there for when you transfer customizable characters.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Pretty sure the challenger approaches text is just there for when you transfer customizable characters.
That doesn't make much sense. Why have "Challenger Approaching" text for Mii's? It doesn't happen when you create a Mii in Smash 3DS, does it? I think its possible they were considering that option at one point then cut it. The only other explanation is possibly unlocking characters on Smash Wii U if you unlocked them already on Smash 3DS, and visa-versa. For customizable characters, though? That doesn't make any sense.

The only possible option left for Wii U characters is a couple of bonus characters on Wii U who are patched into Smash 3DS, and I'd only anticipate Wolf and Lucas for that. However, I don't think its going to happen.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Great to be back in this thread! I'm very hopeful of Isaac's chances for DLC inclusion. Isaac has risen up to my 3rd most wanted newcomer with Ridley being a stage boss (sadly :( ). It's very perplexing that there is no content from the Golden Sun that has been seen at all. Here's hoping! Isaac for Smash DLC!!

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
That doesn't make much sense. Why have "Challenger Approaching" text for Mii's? It doesn't happen when you create a Mii in Smash 3DS, does it? I think its possible they were considering that option at one point then cut it. The only other explanation is possibly unlocking characters on Smash Wii U if you unlocked them already on Smash 3DS, and visa-versa. For customizable characters, though? That doesn't make any sense.

The only possible option left for Wii U characters is a couple of bonus characters on Wii U who are patched into Smash 3DS, and I'd only anticipate Wolf and Lucas for that. However, I don't think its going to happen.
It has to do with where in the data dump that text was found, I believe. It was discussed to death weeks ago on the file dump thread and general leak thread. If I am remembering incorrectly I apologize.

http://smashboards.com/threads/data-dump-information.369704/#post-17813449

It would make sense in that you would be taking your customizable figures from the Wii U into the 3DS. Those customized versions of the characters would be the new challengers.

In any case, there is almost no chance that we will have some sort of connectivity bonus characters. No data or place holder data for such a transfer was found on the 3DS, and you can bet that such a feature would be mentioned on the big 50 fact direct in order to drum up interest in the Wii U version. Mewtwo, as DLC, fills this purpose regardless.

I do think we will see more DLC, though. The only newcomers that I want more then Isaac (and who I think has a greater chance) are either Dixie or K. Rool, but if we see newcomers as DLC I doubt they will stop at one. (Actually, personally, I want Isaac more then either, but DK really should have at least 3 reps.)

Last edited:

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
Being someone that wants as much of Nintendo's IPs represented in Smash as possible, I am in full support of Isaac as DLC. In fact he is the newcomer I most want to see. And like has been said removing all Golden Sun content makes absolutely no sense unless Isaac is possibly going to be playable or something like that.

Accursed

Smash Journeyman
Who are the Gamefaqs detractors of Isaac?
Have you seen any notable ones?
pkmnpkmn, StevenDrkPrince, burgandburb, UberPyro64, Gandolftheman, LittleMac222, aaaannnd SlaveBlade.

There's more, but these are the ones that stand out the most to me. (Yes, I used to be a GameFag)

It's also worth noting that most, if not all of these are Shulk supporters, further proving my point from much earlier in this thread.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Im gonna something.
I gonna support Isaac, but first!
Im gonna wait for the Wii U version.
I want that Wii U version be released. When release.
I gonna collect everything, unlock everything and may use assist trophy of what characters gonna appear.
I want to know the truth. I want to believe, is Isaac is there.
For now, that my only way to the true fate of Isaac.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
This is very exciting, but at the same time, nerve wrecking. DLC has gotten our hopes up, but we don't know what they are planning besides Mewtwo. Imagine if they are planning a story mode like SSE for DLC. Yeah, I know, very unlikely, but imagine cut-scenes with Isaac. So cool!
[Unrelated news: I guess the Smash Bros Special Demo wouldn't be the only one I would get early. I also am able to get Pokemon OR/AS Special Demo. Cool!!!]

Top Bottom