• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
Ooohhh, sorry about that.
No problem :).

Personally, the colour swaps I would go for are this:

Isaac:
Jenna
Felix
Saturos

Matthew:
Karis
Tyrell
Sveta
That is also a great idea and a more realistic one (since I don't see Sakurai making a clone of a DLC character), however, I would swap Saturos to Garet since Garet is Isaac's best friend and also from Vale.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
It's super duper fake. The new characters don't match the proportions of the others inside their boxes, and they use existing art.

EmeraldDragonair

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmeraldDragonair

I'm inclined to say "fake" on everything, but this is PRETTY DAMN convincing. Please, guys, convince me this is fake.
Wolf's art looks pretty dodgy (why is he smaller than fox and falco), bandana dee's portrait looks too BIG. Mewtwo looks decent, and matches the reveal art (when flipped), but then he would whether this is legit or not.

Although people said the actual roster leak looked a bit dodgy so...

Is that new Isaac art? He doesn't have many 3D renders. If that one can be found elsewhere on the internet then it is fake. If not... Pretty dedicated troll to make art of Isaac when he could have used some of Dixie's.

and :4greninja:'d

Edit: he also posted this:

given how simple it would be to take a non-blurry photo of that It's 99.999999999999999999999% fake.

Last edited:

CheckmateChuck

Smash Journeyman
Well, the guy who uploaded the video wrote in the comments that he will post another video where he shows more next saturday. Until then, it's obviously hard to buy and to be taken with at least a couple grains of pure salt, but it's better than nothing.
Actual movement on the CSS, combined with good old Xander shouting out their names would somewhat boost the credibility indeed, huh.
All that aside, I'm calling fake as well.

Plasticsoldier64

I don't want to make anything too obvious...Don't want a strike against my channel
I'll post another video next saturday where I actually do something or another with the character select screen

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Why are people buying this at all? It's sooooo bad.

Here's Wolf's pose:

Here's the Bandana Dee art:

And I didn't get a good look at Isaac, but he mirrored whatever image he used, Isaac's sword goes over his left shoulder, not his right. Same with Wolf, the eye patch thingy is on his left eye, not his right.

Plus it just looks really unprofessional considering they're a lot smaller than the rest of the characters, which is also a pretty big cue that it's fake.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Why are people buying this at all? It's sooooo bad.

Here's Wolf's pose:

Here's the Bandana Dee art:

And I didn't get a good look at Isaac, but he mirrored whatever image he used, Isaac's sword goes over his left shoulder, not his right. Same with Wolf, the eye patch thingy is on his left eye, not his right.

Plus it just looks really unprofessional considering they're a lot smaller than the rest of the characters, which is also a pretty big cue that it's fake.
Because I didn't pay close attention at first. It was moreso how he managed to get the audio working right.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I could not see Golden Sun getting a clone when Alph was not made a clone.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
I wouldn't mind that to be the final roster, however, I would rather see Lucas or King K. Rool instead of Bandana Dee.

I don't see why Sakurai would want to put the clones next to their franchises when he could have done it the first time, however, I kinda want that roster to be true, since it has Isaac as a playable, so that would be nice, but for now I'm calling it fake.

ferioku

Smash Ace
Man... I want this leak to be real! Too bad it probably isn't... It has 2 of my most requested characters in it as well T_T...

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I would love to put my wanted trophies up but for the most part I agree with @ JohnnySparkxs JohnnySparkxs .

Also getting both Isaac and Felix as playable would be amazing but I still doubt it. It would be more likely to get Isaac with 7 palette swaps to represent his party members like what Shulk got, or Isaac with 3 palette swaps, and Matthew as alt with 3 palette swaps for his party.

Regarding that leak, it is definitely 100% fake. Would have been nice if it was true, but atleast that "leak" is fake. Like @ N3ON N3ON said, the pictures for Waddle Dee and Wolf were clearly taken from those pictures. Plus they are too small to be concurrent with the rest of the roster. I have seen that Isaac picture before in another dream roster image so that too is clearly fake. Just gotta find that image....

Nice roster, decent attempt but fake nonetheless. It clearly seemed off when the person takes too long to show the screen and then does not show attempts at selecting the characters.

ferioku

Smash Ace
I would love to put my wanted trophies up but for the most part I agree with @ JohnnySparkxs JohnnySparkxs .

Also getting both Isaac and Felix as playable would be amazing but I still doubt it. It would be more likely to get Isaac with 7 palette swaps to represent his party members like what Shulk got, or Isaac with 3 palette swaps, and Matthew as alt with 3 palette swaps for his party.

Regarding that leak, it is definitely 100% fake. Would have been nice if it was true, but atleast that "leak" is fake. Like @ N3ON N3ON said, the pictures for Waddle Dee and Wolf were clearly taken from those pictures. Plus they are too small to be concurrent with the rest of the roster. I have seen that Isaac picture before in another dream roster image so that too is clearly fake. Just gotta find that image....

Nice roster, decent attempt but fake nonetheless. It clearly seemed off when the person takes too long to show the screen and then does not show attempts at selecting the characters.
It's kind of funny that Isaac has no representation at all in the 3DS version, imagine if they actually took him off completely!

Hopefully he is in, I had a feeling that he will return as an assist trophy in the Wii U version because him and Ashley weren't trophies on the 3ds version only to realize that Ashley had a trophy later on =O!

Sakurai shouldn't miss this chance and neither should Camelot, I'm hoping that Camelot requested that they added Isaac in the game as their representation since Waluigi is an assist trophy, but I guess we have to wait and see!

D

Deleted member

Well, the guy who uploaded the video wrote in the comments that he will post another video where he shows more next saturday. Until then, it's obviously hard to buy and to be taken with at least a couple grains of pure salt, but it's better than nothing.
Actual movement on the CSS, combined with good old Xander shouting out their names would somewhat boost the credibility indeed, huh.
All that aside, I'm calling fake as well.
If we see him actually manipulating a 3DS with that character select screen, including showing off the closeups of those icons and... you know, SELECTING them, I'll consider having some interest in these being the first wave of DLC.

Until then, due to the size of the newcomer artwork compared to the regular cast, I view this as fake, especially since this can just be a doctored roster he's presenting on the 3DS's photo gallery. And, that, my friends, is how it was done.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
This thread's back on line? Quite surprised.

Also still, keep that common sense up when checking leaks. If it does NOT look OFFICIAL, then it's fake. And seeing from the above, it should be simple.

Sometimes I think these fake leaks keep popping up only because well, attention is given to them so easily that it's just easy to make more. We can at least analyze but not necessarily debate if they're real if they appear so easily fake.

D

Deleted member

This thread's back on line? Quite surprised.

Also still, keep that common sense up when checking leaks. If it does NOT look OFFICIAL, then it's fake. And seeing from the above, it should be simple.

Sometimes I think these fake leaks keep popping up only because well, attention is given to them so easily that it's just easy to make more. We can at least analyze but not necessarily debate if they're real if they appear so easily fake.
Debating on them is good, and at the very worst, it just kills some time, but the problem is that so many people will look at this, and not having learned previous lessons, think this would be legit. Now, if there will be actual manipulation of the screen, including announcing the character names (which can be doctored, though no small feat), and all four of them are selected, I'll have some interest in this. But, until then, I'm gonna keep my skeptic hat on.

That said... four characters would be a good starting point for the first batch of Nintendo DLC, and to play Devil's Advocate, those selection photos might not be finalized, but I still want to hold back my enthusiasm this time.

Though... seeing Isaac (whose hair is more stylized to his artwork and not of the spiky design he had in Brawl) is awful tempting to be excited over.

CheckmateChuck

Smash Journeyman
If we see him actually manipulating a 3DS with that character select screen, including showing off the closeups of those icons and... you know, SELECTING them, I'll consider having some interest in these being the first wave of DLC.
Exactly what I said. You'd need to be either extremely gullible or outright dumb to believe this without even questioning it. That said, for all of us who are supporting Isaac even now after the game has come out, even after all those backstrokes during the development, every little thing is a success. And, let's face it, as much as I would like it, we're far from having as many supporters as the rest of the original Big 4, and we've only seen Isaac in very few "leaks" compared to how often we've seen, for example, Mewtwo or even K. Rool. That said, while none of those were true in the end, they might as well be seen as what many people wished for.

Then again, we might just be lucky to see that changing altogether in the rather near future. Seeing how the number of mentions of our favourite venus adept, both in this forums and in various post-release leaks, has increased, how his popularity in the community is on the rise, how well his introduction to Smash Flash 2 was received, how he tops each and every newcomer poll for Project M, with Mewtwo confirmed and Ridley deconfirmed, we're now pretty much the spearhead of this DLC movement.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Exactly what I said. You'd need to be either extremely gullible or outright dumb to believe this without even questioning it. That said, for all of us who are supporting Isaac even now after the game has come out, even after all those backstrokes during the development, every little thing is a success. And, let's face it, as much as I would like it, we're far from having as many supporters as the rest of the original Big 4, and we've only seen Isaac in very few "leaks" compared to how often we've seen, for example, Mewtwo or even K. Rool. That said, while none of those were true in the end, they might as well be seen as what many people wished for.

Then again, we might just be lucky to see that changing altogether in the rather near future. Seeing how the number of mentions of our favourite venus adept, both in this forums and in various post-release leaks, has increased, how his popularity in the community is on the rise, how well his introduction to Smash Flash 2 was received, how he tops each and every newcomer poll for Project M, with Mewtwo confirmed and Ridley deconfirmed, we're now pretty much the spearhead of this DLC movement.
We basically are the spearhead for DLC movement, and have been ever since Isaac was completely absent from Smash 3DS. Almost EVERYONE sees that as a red flag. Some people legitimately think there was a good reason to cut GS content all-together and not take the possibility of DLC into consideration, but it only takes two seconds to think about it and realize "Wait a damn minute, there's far, FAR more obscure trophies and Assist Trophies than Isaac, something's not right here."

Sakurai may not have been planning on DLC, but he likely took the possibility into consideration when deciding on potential new franchises to add, because he didn't want to include code to change a trophy's franchise via DLC. Simply adding new trophies isn't a big deal, but it might be more difficult to change a trophy's individual settings.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I just noticed there's a fatal frame trophy on the 3ds version.

Considering Fatal Frame has such a shaky track record in the west (the latest game isn't even coming outside Japan) and yet there's no Golden Sun content to be seen, that really bothers me.

ThatShadowLink

Smash Ace
NNID
ThatShadowLink
Smash 3DS was basically made because of Japanese audiences though. They needed a way for the game to not bomb in Japan, and releasing only on Wii U would've been suicide. That's why a lot of roster picks reflect more of the eastern market's expectations rather than the west. (Looking at you, Dark Pit.)

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Smash 3DS was basically made because of Japanese audiences though. They needed a way for the game to not bomb in Japan, and releasing only on Wii U would've been suicide. That's why a lot of roster picks reflect more of the eastern market's expectations rather than the west. (Looking at you, Dark Pit.)
That's hardly new to Smash - every roster has had characters that reflect Japanese popularity over the west, at least this one had Little Mac and DHD who are more iconic in the west.

Also when this game was first planned for both systems the 3DS had just come out and the Wii U was over a year away, they didn't have the foresight they would now.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
So I know it doesn't for much but what are your gut feelings to when another dlc character will be announced?

Will it be after or before Mewtwo is released in Spring?

I feel like when we get another announcement is going to tell us how extensive dlc is going to be.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
So I know it doesn't for much but what are your gut feelings to when another dlc character will be announced?

I feel like when we get another announcement is going to tell us how extensive dlc is going to be.
I'm think it'll be announced either close to the Smash Wii U release date, or a couple months after (like with MK8).

CheckmateChuck

Smash Journeyman
All that also raises the question of whether Mewtwo is going to be a standalone DLC or if there's going to be more content packed into one pack. Nintendo have never really released small DLC packs, have they? At least the larg(er) games, Mario Kart 8 and to a lesser extent Hyrule Warriors, got handled the same way with fairly big, action-packed packs which add more than just a little bit to the game.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
All that also raises the question of whether Mewtwo is going to be a standalone DLC or if there's going to be more content packed into one pack. Nintendo have never really released small DLC packs, have they? At least the larg(er) games, Mario Kart 8 and to a lesser extent Hyrule Warriors, got handled the same way with fairly big, action-packed packs which add more than just a little bit to the game.
I highly doubt Mewtwo is standalone DLC. Now, he might be in a special situation, but I'd guess that one DLC pack would be released alongside Mewtwo, and another DLC pack will be released later. Mewtwo might be purchasable standalone, but there will probably be another separate pack released alongside him containing 1-2 characters, a stage, and perhaps a bunch of trophies and even an Assist Trophy.

And when I say 1-2 characters, my assumption is "one new character," one easier "Brawl veteran / clone."

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I highly doubt Mewtwo is standalone DLC. Now, he might be in a special situation, but I'd guess that one DLC pack would be released alongside Mewtwo, and another DLC pack will be released later. Mewtwo might be purchasable standalone, but there will probably be another separate pack released alongside him containing 1-2 characters, a stage, and perhaps a bunch of trophies and even an Assist Trophy.

And when I say 1-2 characters, my assumption is "one new character," one easier "Brawl veteran / clone."
I could definitely see Lucas and Wolf being the easier to implement dlc alongside newcomers. (or Mewtwo)

I'd say the same for Ice Climbers but even if all their assets are ready to go it means little if they won't work on the 3DS. It's probably a performance/frame rate issue.

CheckmateChuck

Smash Journeyman
I have that strange feeling that we get Wolf once the new Starfox game is in reach. Nintendo does have the possibility of hyping up upcoming games with DLC now and they would be stupid to not take that opportunity. But I could see Lucas happening. Having psychic powers, being a liked character and whatnot.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I could see Mewtwo being part of a pack, which is why they haven't mentioned any pricing for him. I assume he won't be solely available through buying both games, that's just the method of obtaining him for free, which won't apply to the other potential characters in the pack.

Would Ice Climbers cause some problems with 8-player smash? I'd imagine that's something to consider...
Apparently they were working fine on the Wii U, so presumably that includes in eight player matches.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I'm still on the Isaac train. I don't think there is any newcomer from an unrepped series that has a better chance then he does... but his fate might come down to whether or not Camelot is working on a new Golden Sun game.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'm still on the Isaac train. I don't think there is any newcomer from an unrepped series that has a better chance then he does... but his fate might come down to whether or not Camelot is working on a new Golden Sun game.
Or whether or not they're planning one. Honestly, though, I don't see why this was an issue for other franchises. Little Mac got in, for example, and his game came out before Dark Dawn did.

Would Ice Climbers cause some problems with 8-player smash? I'd imagine that's something to consider...
Probably not at all. As @ N3ON N3ON stated, IC's were fully working on Wii U. Keep in mind, IC's were fully working way back in Melee. The problem is the 3DS itself. As a handheld console, it doesn't have the best graphical capabilities. That said, its likely the IC's were only a problem on maximum settings, I think they could easily get IC's working if they put a bit more time into ironing out the bugs, they just didn't have time to spend fixing a character from a dead franchise.

I could see Mewtwo being part of a pack, which is why they haven't mentioned any pricing for him. I assume he won't be solely available through buying both games, that's just the method of obtaining him for free, which won't apply to the other potential characters in the pack.
Yeah, I do think its plausible Mewtwo might be part of a pack, but the thing is, they'll need the pack to have other things if you already got Mewtwo through the special offer.

EmeraldDragonair

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmeraldDragonair

Mario Kart's paid DLC was announced shortly before its free DLC was released, and Hyrule Warriors announced the paid and free DLC together, but much closer to the launch date.

I think the first pack (which could include Mewtwo for those who aren't getting both versions) would be announced before Mewtwo's release. Probably in the first direct of next year.

If it is a bundle with Mewtwo then it will probably be Lucas - they're both from handheld RPGs, both psychic, and more importantly, outside the hardcore fans Mewtwo still has a lot of selling power whereas Lucas doesn't, so it makes sense to sell them together. And, if it doesn't get one in the main game, Mother could get a new stage via DLC. As cool as Cerulean Cave would be, I doubt Pokemon will be getting a great deal of extra DLC content as it will likely be fairly heavily reped in the main game

And talking about handheld RPG characters with telekinetic powers than the majority of people may not know much about...

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Or whether or not they're planning one. Honestly, though, I don't see why this was an issue for other franchises. Little Mac got in, for example, and his game came out before Dark Dawn did.
I think the real issue is that Dark Dawn was a disappointment for Nintendo, while games like Punch-Out or Kid Icarus met internal expectations. I wouldn't doubt if a new Punch-Out! game in particular might be in the works.

Really curious about the Assist Trophy situation on the Wii U. If Isaac is STILL no present in that line up then I will start to get my hopes up for his eventual DLC reveal.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Mario Kart's paid DLC was announced shortly before its free DLC was released, and Hyrule Warriors announced the paid and free DLC together, but much closer to the launch date.

I think the first pack (which could include Mewtwo for those who aren't getting both versions) would be announced before Mewtwo's release. Probably in the first direct of next year.

If it is a bundle with Mewtwo then it will probably be Lucas - they're both from handheld RPGs, both psychic, and more importantly, outside the hardcore fans Mewtwo still has a lot of selling power whereas Lucas doesn't, so it makes sense to sell them together. And, if it doesn't get one in the main game, Mother could get a new stage via DLC. As cool as Cerulean Cave would be, I doubt Pokemon will be getting a great deal of extra DLC content as it will likely be fairly heavily reped in the main game

And talking about handheld RPG characters with telekinetic powers than the majority of people may not know much about...
Which is also why I brought up the idea of potentially selling Isaac and Lucas. Because Isaac is a bit more popular, so those who already got Mewtwo may have additional incentive to get the Lucas DLC pack. Plus all three of them are telekinetic. :D

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
If Isaac gets confirmed as dlc I'm going to be living in the Isaac "I was wrong!" thread.

I'm going to set up a deckchair, eat popcorn and be as smug as humanely possible. It will be brilliant.

Seriously though, with all the doubt directed towards Isaac over the speculation period there best be a long line outside that thread if Isaac dlc appears.

Top Bottom