• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Arteen

Smash Lord
In just over a week we'll know Isaac's fate.

I'm looking forward to finally seeing him in whatever form he takes.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
And YouTube, don't forget the YouTube Smash community too!
And them too. They are VERY annoying. And most of them haven't even seen a single video of Golden Sun or played the game, they just see him with a sword and they start going "Ugh, another swordsman in the game!".

Seriously, Isaac should just be introduced with an almost pure psynergy based moveset to shut up all naysayers. And maybe introduced in a trolling way. I liked the idea of another person that he throws down his sword and uses psynergy. Or he could just taunt "I am not going to even use my sword"!

Don't worry everyone. We will get Isaac in the game as playable. And we will meet on the (smash) battlefield as multi coloured Isaacs :p

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
Sakurai should make a trailer where he reveals Isaac and then we see a guy saying: "Man, another swordsman, that sucks...". And then, Isaac appears behind him, grabs him with a Psyenergy hand launchs him (he dissapears like Team Rocket in Pokémon, you even see that iconic flash xD). And then we get a video with Isaac gameplay, having his moveset focused mainly on Psyenergy, but with some use of his sword (80% - psyenergy; 20% - sword).

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Sakurai should make a trailer where he reveals Isaac and then we see a guy saying: "Man, another swordsman, that sucks...". And then, Isaac appears behind him, grabs him with a Psyenergy hand launchs him (he dissapears like Team Rocket in Pokémon, you even see that iconic flash xD). And then we get a video with Isaac gameplay, having his moveset focused mainly on Psyenergy, but with some use of his sword (80% - psyenergy; 20% - sword).
A guy? You mean another fighter?

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Heh, that reminds me of that Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed trailer featuring Wreck it Ralph where he asks him: "Hey Sonic, why are you in a car?" (tongue in cheek with the people complaining that Sonic should race without a car)

I think it should be another character that makes the swordsman comment. It could be Ike, or it could be Doc Louis through Little Mac (I wish...) or it could be Ganondorf, although it would have to be in bubble text speech.

But yeah, that'd be awesome!
I think Isaac would use his sword mainly for jabs, dash attacks, and aerials at most.

... Also, I don't know how, but I'd love seeing Isaac's psyenergy Move hand, thumbwrestling Master Hand just for the heck of it, lol.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Crystallux strikes back!

Seriously those original Golden Sun commercials didn't make much sense but were still awesome. Atleast Nintendo advertised its games more..... Golden Sun as well!

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I'd like to see Isaac as one of the last few hidden fighter, but I can tell that Sakurai would pull a **** move and keep him as an Assist Trophy. Look at the amount of people that whined about "too many swordsman" after what happened with Shulk's reveal. :/
Yeah, the whole too many swordsmen argument doesn't make sense when most of the existing Smash sword-users aren't alike. In Isaac's case, he's got Earth Magic.

In general, being a sword-user in of itself is not grounds for complaints.

D

Deleted member

Crystallux strikes back!

Seriously those original Golden Sun commercials didn't make much sense but were still awesome. Atleast Nintendo advertised its games more..... Golden Sun as well!
The original GameBoy Advance commercials didn't make much sense considering they showed off an opera house with random stuff happening to the theme of "In the Hall of the Mountain King". After all, they used the same ad they used for Golden Sun for some of their other games, such as Wario Land 4 (where they show Wario fighting Cuckoo Condor) and Advance Wars.

You do have to give credit to Camelot, though; they must've found out about the NoA advertisment for the original game and thought that the crystal dragon was a cool idea for a new Summon, and considering Crystallux was the only new summon in Dark Dawn, they decided to give special emphasis on it being a stronger version of Judgment.

Anyway, 5 more POTDs before the 3DS release in Japan. Considering all of the stuff Isaac has endured, with the deconfirmations, AT mass reveals, leaks, and the ultimate revelation that the "final" leak wasn't complete since Sakurai confirmed All-Star Modes accesability, I have a great feeling for him.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
The original GameBoy Advance commercials didn't make much sense considering they showed off an opera house with random stuff happening to the theme of "In the Hall of the Mountain King". After all, they used the same ad they used for Golden Sun for some of their other games, such as Wario Land 4 (where they show Wario fighting Cuckoo Condor) and Advance Wars.

You do have to give credit to Camelot, though; they must've found out about the NoA advertisment for the original game and thought that the crystal dragon was a cool idea for a new Summon, and considering Crystallux was the only new summon in Dark Dawn, they decided to give special emphasis on it being a stronger version of Judgment.

Anyway, 5 more POTDs before the 3DS release in Japan. Considering all of the stuff Isaac has endured, with the deconfirmations, AT mass reveals, leaks, and the ultimate revelation that the "final" leak wasn't complete since Sakurai confirmed All-Star Modes accesability, I have a great feeling for him.
I am really feelin' it!

Isaac's amazing chances to be playable :laugh:!

Last edited:

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Gah... You all made me hopeful again. >.<

I just really have to hope that Isaac somehow pulls through here. Either way this has been quite the ride. lol

Last edited:

Arteen

Smash Lord
At least the mood's better than Brawl since we know we'll see Isaac in some form this time.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Last edited:

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
Why do people keep getting my hopes up... ;_;

A confirmation that he's in the game... but I don't remember his Brawl AT speaking any lines... Oh my...
he did say "haaaa!!!" when he used his move psyenergy in brawl.

SniperJoestar

Smash Rookie
I still have hope for the mighty earth adept xD We haven't gotten confirmation of him as an assist trophy, No music, And in general not a hint of any Golden Sun in Sm4sh yet.

Just wishful thinking but couldn't you imagine a trailer of Ness and Mewtwo (Resembles Mother1 Giygas) fighting and Isaac jumping in to save a struggling Ness? All Psychics and whatnot xD

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I checked it. Same VA as Brawl. Could possibly mean thst he is an AT again, but who knows.
It is weird since this is a voice ACTRESS who has also voiced Krystal before in Japanese version Star Fox: Assault as well as in Brawl. So a female artist would be rendering Isaac's dialogues as well? Unless he remains silent which would make some sense. Plus the rest of the voice actors are for the english version of the game. As @ ~ Valkyrie ~ ~ Valkyrie ~ said, IMDB can be edited and this might be mixed with guesses and what not. In the end, it is not any evidence for Isaac's inclusion as a playable character or as an AT. We can only wait, hope and watch for Isaac to be revealed as playable.

Still not losing the hope since this info does not mean much. I still think Isaac will be playable in Smash 4! Not to worry guys, be happy and keep hoping for the best!

I still have hope for the mighty earth adept xD We haven't gotten confirmation of him as an assist trophy, No music, And in general not a hint of any Golden Sun in Sm4sh yet.

Just wishful thinking but couldn't you imagine a trailer of Ness and Mewtwo (Resembles Mother1 Giygas) fighting and Isaac jumping in to save a struggling Ness? All Psychics and whatnot xD
Welcome to the thread. Thanks for supporting Isaac and not losing faith in his inclusion :)

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
It is weird since this is a voice ACTRESS who has also voiced Krystal before in Japanese version Star Fox: Assault as well as in Brawl. So a female artist would be rendering Isaac's dialogues as well? Unless he remains silent which would make some sense. Plus the rest of the voice actors are for the english version of the game. As @ ~ Valkyrie ~ ~ Valkyrie ~ said, IMDB can be edited and this might be mixed with guesses and what not. In the end, it is not any evidence for Isaac's inclusion as a playable character or as an AT. We can only wait, hope and watch for Isaac to be revealed as playable.
Most playable characters don't need a lot of dialogue, only basic screams and grunts. Considering he's mostly a silent protagonist, it won't be too odd to have a female VA.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Most playable characters don't need a lot of dialogue, only basic screams and grunts. Considering he's mostly a silent protagonist, it won't be too odd to have a female VA.
Yea that is why I said unless he is a silent protagonist in a trailer (if he gets any) and as playable. If he is silent then a female VA would be fine.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Even though Isaac won't be talking much, I see his voice to be like Lloyd Irving's VA.
I haven't really played Tales of Symphonia so I can't say about that. It is on my ever increasing backlog though! By the way which one are you referring to, the one in the original game or the one in the sequel?

In the end, whoever is the VA I just want Isaac to be in the game as playable!

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
I haven't really played Tales of Symphonia so I can't say about that. It is on my ever increasing backlog though! By the way which one are you referring to, the one in the original game or the one in the sequel?

In the end, whoever is the VA I just want Isaac to be in the game as playable!
If you've seen Teen Titans, Lloyd's VA voices Robin

BSTCloud

Smash Apprentice

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
If you've seen Teen Titans, Lloyd's VA voices Robin
Oh that guy? Hmm well yea he could work. To be honest, I never considered a voice in present media that could suit Isaac.

I agree with @ BSTCloud BSTCloud and @ ~ Valkyrie ~ ~ Valkyrie ~ , that IMDB is not that reliable especially for a video game that is yet to be released so we can't see it as evidence. Plus voice actors are mentioned for every small thing even a small dialogue, otherwise there would be tons of people going Ridley confirmed, as a VA is mentioned for him as well. Along with Mewtwo and the various Koopas + Bowser Jr.

And Ghirahim who has been confirmed as an AT.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Oh that guy? Hmm well yea he could work. To be honest, I never considered a voice in present media that could suit Isaac.

I agree with @ BSTCloud BSTCloud and @ ~ Valkyrie ~ ~ Valkyrie ~ , that IMDB is not that reliable especially for a video game that is yet to be released so we can't see it as evidence. Plus voice actors are mentioned for every small thing even a small dialogue, otherwise there would be tons of people going Ridley confirmed, as a VA is mentioned for him as well. Along with Mewtwo and the various Koopas + Bowser Jr.

And Ghirahim who has been confirmed as an AT.
So has Midna. And a lot of the voice actors on that list, actually. So even if reliable, it only means that Isaac is in-game.

Maybe it could be taken to mean young Isaac instead of old Isaac. But even that isn't assured.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
So has Midna. And a lot of the voice actors on that list, actually. So even if reliable, it only means that Isaac is in-game.

Maybe it could be taken to mean young Isaac instead of old Isaac. But even that isn't assured.
Yea I just listed a few examples. Plus to make K. Rool fans rage (no offense to any fans of him on this thread), he isn't on the IMDB list. This can't be taken as a disconfirmation at all. We can't assume anything so we are back at where we started :p

Also Tharja is on the list. Plus Shadow, an AT.

But to be fair, it does list all the characters on the ESRB leak.

I think that the guy that gave him the voice in Golden Sun Abridge would be suit Isaac well, but we all know that won't happen.
You mean that parody?

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Well Tharja could have some dialogue involved. Imagine a codec-like thing where she butts in for one of the Fire Emblem guys' analysis. Unlikely, but could happen!

Speaking of which.. What do you guys think a fitting codec for Isaac could be? You can use the variety you prefer. (Colonel, Palutena, Doc Louis, Pokedex, Samus' visor scan, etc)

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
You'd think people would remember (or hear stories about) when Leon Kennedy was added under the IMDB page for Brawl. It's by no means anything to go by, but even if it was, Isaac had a VA last time for his AT, stands to reason he'd still have one this time even if his role is the same.

--------
Anyway, I've been a mix of busy and away, and have undoubtedly missed requests to be added to the supporter list, so if you'll humour me and tag me again with your request, you'll actually be added this time. Probably.

But I don't plan on changing anything else in the OP (or the second post) at this time.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Things were so much simpler when this thread didn't have a support list.
[Shrugs] Honestly, I've never really saw the point in having them. It's not like there's anything to be gained from being on one.

Anyhow, it seems Japan will be getting a demo of the finished version of Smash for 3DS (there are multiple threads concerning this in the Smash 3DS forum). It is possible said demo will have the full roster, though I personally doubt it. At any rate, new info is bound to flood in this weekend--which is when the demo will be hosted in retail shops.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I have to imagine part of the desire to be on lists comes from the satisfaction of seeing how you supported a character prior to their inclusion, but it seems rather superficial, considering people should know who they support and don't have to broadcast it or have tangible records for indirect "I told you so's" later on, especially since support lists tend to fill out most once people actually start expecting that character...

Maybe I'm just cynical in this regard, but it seems pretty unnecessary.

Top Bottom