• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Robin wasn't on any leaks. :D
And him! Way to go! I was thinking too much Shulk. I was really NOT feelin' it.

It would be funny that both Robins were not in the leaks and got in the game. Although an Awakening rep was guaranteed though whereas 95% the GS rep will be Isaac, 4% Matthew and 1% Felix (poor guy).

P.S. I am biased (although I like Felix lot more than Matthew, his chances are just not good)

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Actually, Motoi Sakuraba was the music composer for Dark Dawn as well. He might not have been mentioned on the composers' page to keep the inclusion of Isaac a secret but he did compose for DD as well.

Golden Sun is being especially hidden from our eyes but this CAN be really good news considering they might have a GS4 game in the planning or even GS1 and 2 remake! Although I doubt the remake since they already released the 2 games on VC but still, I would definitely buy it! Or maybe even GS4. Golden Sun's formula is not broken up but Camelot was unable to use it to its advantage as well as the built up plot to make DD, thus its lacklustre sales as well as lukewarm response.

Maybe we can see some small changes to make the game even better and perhaps more strategic! Plus a plot to fix all the plotholes and loopholes we have gotten so far. Also a GS4 on Wii U...... :lick:

It is true that Xenoblade was also kept pretty hidden and we saw no indication of it except the composer list included it as well as all the leaks mentioning Shulk. Granted Isaac has not been shown in many leaks, I have seen only 2 rumours with him but why not? A character does not have to be in a leak to get a spot and Isaac's popularity as well as legacy is enough to warrant him a spot, not to mention the amazing potential he has to bring something new to the table that no other fighter has, EVEN after Robin and Shulk's reveals.

Here's to Isaac in Smash! Buck up everybody, not much time left. Unless Nintendo does a wacky move and not all characters are included on the 3DS cartridge from the get go....
Ah, my mistake. I figured someone would correct me. Honestly, Sakurai was probably like "Shulk's a starter anyway, let's mention Xenoblade, but let's not mention Golden Sun."

iam8bit

Smash Ace
To be fair, Robin was part of the Ninka/Shun leak, IIRC. They just don't include him/her because they made their info public until after he/she was revealed.

Ah, my mistake. I figured someone would correct me. Honestly, Sakurai was probably like "Shulk's a starter anyway, let's mention Xenoblade, but let's not mention Golden Sun."
I like the way you think. :awesome:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
*Ding ding ding* :smash:

We have a winner! :laugh:

(I second what @ iam8bit iam8bit said)

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
To be fair, Robin was part of the Ninka/Shun leak, IIRC. They just don't include him/her because they made their info public until after he/she was revealed.

I like the way you think. :awesome:
I know that, my point is Robin was never in any public leaks whatsoever. The Ninka leak wasn't made until after Robin's reveal, so Robin wasn't actually in any publicly available leaks.

BSTCloud

Smash Apprentice
Neither was duck hunt dog, I mean... who would expect THAT of all characters.
The dream isn't dead!

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
He was actually, Robin was in @vaanrose 's leak, he was given information about DHD, Bowser Jr., and Robin before his leak was spread public and the Robin reveal trailer.
Its not a leak if the information didn't get out publicly until after the official reveal. Vaanrose got information, but never made it public until after Robin's reveal. Ultimately, Robin didn't get leaked, Robin was announced before any leaks actually occurred.

EDIT: The other thing you gotta keep in mind, too, is that Robin and Shulk are starters who got leaked. Isaac would clearly be an unlockable.

I still think if/when Isaac is unlocked, it should be by having to face off against Master Hand and Crazy hand. Get them down to a certain amount of health and Isaac appears to challenge you. :D

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Considering you said there weren't any leaks with Robin, there were plenty of them before his reveal. Many of them said he was replacing Chrom. :p
I saw one fake leak mentioning Robin. That leak also mentioned Isaac, Hades, Palutena, Mike Jones, and Geno, among many others...

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I saw one fake leak mentioning Robin. That leak also mentioned Isaac, Hades, Palutena, Mike Jones, and Geno, among many others...
Hey atleast it has Isaac! :p

I saw one leak with Isaac which mentioned Shulk, Mach Rider, Duck Hunt Dog and one more forgot who. Don't remember details about the big 3.

The big off-putting part was that it mentioned that there would be a 4th Mii fighter.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Hey atleast it has Isaac! :p

I saw one leak with Isaac which mentioned Shulk, Mach Rider, Duck Hunt Dog and one more forgot who. Don't remember details about the big 3.

The big off-putting part was that it mentioned that there would be a 4th Mii fighter.
Honestly? I could BELIEVE there's a fourth Mii Fighter. It wouldn't surprise me at all if we've got an unlockable Mii Fighter, there's a huge archtype missing from the Mii's right now: Magic. There are no Magic-based Mii Fighters at all.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Honestly? I could BELIEVE there's a fourth Mii Fighter. It wouldn't surprise me at all if we've got an unlockable Mii Fighter, there's a huge archtype missing from the Mii's right now: Magic. There are no Magic-based Mii Fighters at all.
Well actually the 4th Mii class was Mii Sorcerer....

But that leaker went wrong on some Assist trophy or something.

Who knows how much of the leak is right anyway. Lots of people make stuff up but this is a leak I won't mind coming true as long as some of the other heavy weights that other people want are added as well. Satisfaction for most of the reasonable and big fanbases would be nice.

Last edited:

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
Speaking of Master Hand, it would be awesome that the first time we beat it, a giant hand comes from the sky, trying to smash the fighter that defeated Master Hand. The fighter then dodges the falling hand and then you see Isaac, challeging him/ her to a battle.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Speaking of Master Hand, it would be awesome that the first time we beat it, a giant hand comes from the sky, trying to smash the fighter that defeated Master Hand. The fighter then dodges the falling hand and then you see Isaac, challeging him/ her to a battle.
So Isaac's the actual boss huh? That would definitely be epic and really represent him well.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'd rather it not be the "first time," that'd be too easy. Rather, I think it should be Master Hand and Crazy hand. Beat one, get both down to half health, or beat both, and then afterwards Isaac appears.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I'd rather it not be the "first time," that'd be too easy. Rather, I think it should be Master Hand and Crazy hand. Beat one, get both down to half health, or beat both, and then afterwards Isaac appears.
So Isaac possess the "true" master hand, the hand of "MOVE"!

Nice way of making him a secret character who is epic at the same time. Good idea, maybe facing Master Hand just once might be too easy, BUT I want to unlock him as fast as I can so I can't complain much about that :p

Adeptmune

Smash Apprentice
I really like the idea of him coming in after the player defeats both Crazy and Master Hand. That way when the player sees the Psynergy hand, they would be like "another one?! Are you kidding me?!" But then it would be Isaac. Maximum troll.

Now I want that to happen....

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
Or we could have a trailer with Master Hand being defeating and then a hand appears, revealing to be Isaac the one controling it, but with only 9 days left to the Japanese release, I don't see that happening. It would be awesome though.

Arteen

Smash Lord
Also those recolours are super cool, how'd you do them? The hair colour should totally be changed as well!
I just spent a bit too much time playing around in photoshop during Brawl time to make those. :) I separated each portion of his appearance into a separate layer to make it easy to recolor him.

I wasn't sure whether he looked better with the changed hair color or not. For Garet and Felix he looks great, but I don't think Isaac has what it takes to rock blue hair.

And he starts to look really silly when his skin is matched to Saturos and Menardi.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I just spent a bit too much time playing around in photoshop during Brawl time to make those. :) I separated each portion of his appearance into a separate layer to make it easy to recolor him.

I wasn't sure whether he looked better with the changed hair color or not. For Garet and Felix he looks great, but I don't think Isaac has what it takes to rock blue hair.

And he starts to look really silly when his skin is matched to Saturos and Menardi.

Cool recolours...! He looks great with black and red hair but just plain weird with blue like you said.

Plus that Saturos design is just too weird.... if Isaac was a Proxian huh?

Did your Isaac absorb the Golden Sun to get all those colours?

Last edited:

iam8bit

Smash Ace
Who knows how much of the leak is right anyway. Lots of people make stuff up but this is a leak I won't mind coming true as long as some of the other heavy weights that other people want are added as well. Satisfaction for most of the reasonable and big fanbases would be nice.
Leakers can include Isaac along with Wario's fart as a playable character for all I care... as long as it ends up being real and Isaac is in Smash. :awesome:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Leakers can include Isaac along with Wario's fart as a playable character for all I care... as long as it ends up being real and Isaac is in Smash. :awesome:
Hey don't worry. Isaac will be playable. He is a first party character who is EXTREMELY suited for Smash. Can't you just feel the Nintendo vibes coming out of him...?

Now, it's Shulk FAN ART time.

art by Signomi on deviantArt

We have the TBS party together! Well he does look a bit anime-ish here but I think I have already posted a lot of the other pics I had......

Look at that confidence. He is definitely playable in Smash 4 :p

Last edited:

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink

These would be amazing to have. I would definitely go for the Felix color because it's on the green side. My favorite color. And it's Felix's look as well. Haha!

Man, can't believe we are getting close to the Japanese release in 9 days. There was a video I made a few weeks ago of all 10 of the overworld themes put together. As I was listening to it, it hit me. The first 5 songs were hoping for Isaac to be in Brawl, which ended up being an AT. Then this new adventure of us fans began for Isaac being in Sm4sh and the the next 5 songs are playing. When I came in, "Seafaring" was playing and how everyone here was very happy and have kept this thread very tame compared to others at the time. Then the ESRB leak came around and that's when "An Eclipse World" started playing. We were all in the dumps and started to loose faith in our own Adept Hero. But we still have not given up yet and that's where "Ascend to Destiny" plays, and the fact that there are still a few characters left that haven't been revealed yet. That's where we are now in. Will Isaac and us fans make it in time to stop the Eclipse(Lol)? Let's keep going strong everyone! Isaac for Sm4sh!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niqhrlyYHZQ

Yeah, this is crazy, but it's fun to think of this as an epic adventure with you all and having other new fans "join the party". Haha! One more thing though, on the 11th, the song should be "Balance of the Four Elements" and on the 12th, should play "To The Light We Go". Just ideas flowing through me to make this epic adventure of ours more exciting.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'd like to see Isaac as one of the last few hidden fighter, but I can tell that Sakurai would pull a **** move and keep him as an Assist Trophy. Look at the amount of people that whined about "too many swordsman" after what happened with Shulk's reveal. :/

Last edited:

Bearbuddy4

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bearbuddy3
I used to support this pick , but after shulk i think we have too many sword characters. Why do the Japanese only love swords??? Couldn't they have picked a two handed axe wielder from fire emblem or something , dont they have those?
A quarter of the roster is made up of swordsmen...bleh(i didnt actually count how many are swordsmen, i just know its a sizable amount)

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
I used to support this pick , but after shulk i think we have too many sword characters. Why do the Japanese only love swords??? Couldn't they have picked a two handed axe wielder from fire emblem or something , dont they have those?
A quarter of the roster is made up of swordsmen...bleh(i didnt actually count how many are swordsmen, i just know its a sizable amount)
How many of any type of fighter there are wouldn't affect anyone's chances if it did no one would get in

Last edited:

Electric Tuba

Smash Journeyman
Just within this thread there are well over a dozen potential movesets for Isaac that don't use a sword at all. "Too many swordsmen" isn't really an issue for him.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Isaac can wield axe's instead.

Honestly, though, I think most of us are pretty anti-weapon. Just because there are way too many other mechanics that are far more interesting to make a moveset from.

CardStealer1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CardStealer
3DS FC
2681-0263-6525
I've always hated the "They're too many swordsmen" argument. There were only 5 in Brawl and one of them was a clone!
Meta Knight, Marth, Ike, Link, Toon Link. That's it, and I wouldn't call 5/39 1/4 of the roster.
They've only added 3 new swordsmen in sm4sh so far. One uses mainly magic and another is a quick copy paste, Shulk is the only true new swordsman.

So please, if you're going to say there are too many swordmen, COUNT THEM FIRST!

P.S. (to keep this on topic) Isaac has way too much potential to be your run of the mill swordsman.
P.P.S. Swordsmen are awesome!

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I kind of want some fan art of Swordsman Isaac now.

His sword is sheathed over his shoulder, and he's standing in an utterly relaxed pose.

But he has Odyssey, Ragnarok, Legend (the Unleash from Excalibur), Titan Blade (the Unleash from Gaia Blade), the katana used by Asura (from the Unleash from Kikuichimonji), the cutlass used by Raiden in Raiden's Wrath (the Unleash from Cloud Brand), Acheron's Grief (the Darksword's Unleash), Heavy Divide (Huge Sword's Unleash), Soul Shatter (Soul Brand's Unleash), Megaera's swords, Judgement's sword, and Catastrophe's blades all hovering over his shoulders, pointing towards the camera.

The caption: I am no ordinary swordsman.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I kind of want some fan art of Swordsman Isaac now.

His sword is sheathed over his shoulder, and he's standing in an utterly relaxed pose.

But he has Odyssey, Ragnarok, Legend (the Unleash from Excalibur), Titan Blade (the Unleash from Gaia Blade), the katana used by Asura (from the Unleash from Kikuichimonji), the cutlass used by Raiden in Raiden's Wrath (the Unleash from Cloud Brand), Acheron's Grief (the Darksword's Unleash), Heavy Divide (Huge Sword's Unleash), Soul Shatter (Soul Brand's Unleash), Megaera's swords, Judgement's sword, and Catastrophe's blades all hovering over his shoulders, pointing towards the camera.

The caption: I am no ordinary swordsman.
Woah! That is definitely no "ordinary" fan art.

I haven't seen anything like it but then GS fans never needed convincing of his extraordinary psynergy awesomeness. Just these forums where people are like "noooo! not another swordsman"!

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Woah! That is definitely no "ordinary" fan art.

I haven't seen anything like it but then GS fans never needed convincing of his extraordinary psynergy awesomeness. Just these forums where people are like "noooo! not another swordsman"!
Oh, I know. I don't want it to convince people. I just think it would be awesome.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Oh, I know. I don't want it to convince people. I just think it would be awesome.
Yea. Well that piece of fan art might actually come up some time later when Golden Sun's popularity has risen again. If I was a better artist, I would tried to take a potshot at it myself. No one needs convincing except Sakurai.

He is the only person who should have been convinced about Isaac's potential and made him playable. Looking at how he decided to give Isaac "Move" out of all moves , he did know Isaac's uniqueness and thus Isaac stands a good chance of being playable!

Once Isaac makes it into the game, I don't see how people can keep calling him another swordsman. Cause his moveset will revolve around psynergy.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Well, my hope for Isaac just skyrocketed.

I had been getting a bit worried due to the time crunch. I had considered the possibility that the remaining unknown characters were simply going to be underhyped clones and such, hence there would be no reason to make trailers for them and pump everyone up for their appearances.

However, we've now reached the final week. There is no way we are getting more than two newcomer reveals at an absolute maximum (one at the start of a Smash Bros. Direct and one at the end is the only way we'd even get two). We know they have more full characters than that. So some of the newcomers, even the big name, noticeable ones, are going to go without trailers. This boosts the chances of every non-clone in my mind, and makes Isaac looking much more likely to take one of those precious remaining spots.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Well, my hope for Isaac just skyrocketed.

I had been getting a bit worried due to the time crunch. I had considered the possibility that the remaining unknown characters were simply going to be underhyped clones and such, hence there would be no reason to make trailers for them and pump everyone up for their appearances.

However, we've now reached the final week. There is no way we are getting more than two newcomer reveals at an absolute maximum (one at the start of a Smash Bros. Direct and one at the end is the only way we'd even get two). We know they have more full characters than that. So some of the newcomers, even the big name, noticeable ones, are going to go without trailers. This boosts the chances of every non-clone in my mind, and makes Isaac looking much more likely to take one of those precious remaining spots.
Most definitely. Now it looks like many characters especially expected heavy hitting characters are hidden/secret. With only some days to go it seems unlikely that we will see every newcomer at launch. Plus there is always the school of thought that not all characters will be on the 3DS version from the get-go being kept back as a free patch to keep hyping up the Wii U version. Isaac has been one of the most consistently demanded along with the "big" three and definitely deserves a playable spot of his own. Sakurai must know this already!

Glad to see that your spirits have skyrocketed for Isaac and also that this thread has cheered up significantly compared to what a wreck it was post ESRB leak. Here's to hope for playable Isaac in Smash 4!

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Most definitely. Now it looks like many characters especially expected heavy hitting characters are hidden/secret. With only some days to go it seems unlikely that we will see every newcomer at launch. Plus there is always the school of thought that not all characters will be on the 3DS version from the get-go being kept back as a free patch to keep hyping up the Wii U version. Isaac has been one of the most consistently demanded along with the "big" three and definitely deserves a playable spot of his own. Sakurai must know this already!

Glad to see that your spirits have skyrocketed for Isaac and also that this thread has cheered up significantly compared to what a wreck it was post ESRB leak. Here's to hope for playable Isaac in Smash 4!
Just as I said with the music. We have passed the "An Eclipse World" part and now are on the "Accend to Destiny" era. Haha!

I can really see Sakurai doing that to the roster. Unless he has something up his sleeve that we don't know about to hype everyone for the Wii U version. A new Subspace Emissary-like mode, perhaps? I know he has mentioned that he will not do it, but what if he meant that he won't do it for the 3DS version? *gasp* Sakurai, you little troll. Haha!

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
This whole "5 more characters" is annoying me a bit.

On one hand it seems completely plausible and sensible but on the other hand I worry we could be setting ourselves up for a fall.

I just hope if we get character dlc it'll be well fleshed out and not just an excuse to throw clones at us.

If that leak is the final roster then the layout is ridiculous. The 3ds screen is already small enough without wasting space and making character tiles smaller than they need to be.

Last edited:

ThatShadowLink

Smash Ace
NNID
ThatShadowLink
I have a sneaking suspicion that Isaac's not gonna make it. It's a shame, as it's likely than none of my most wanted characters are going to make it in the roster. And plenty of character that I really did not want are getting in. Man, I didn't realise how disappointed I would be with the final roster.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I have a sneaking suspicion that Isaac's not gonna make it. It's a shame, as it's likely than none of my most wanted characters are going to make it in the roster. And plenty of character that I really did not want are getting in. Man, I didn't realise how disappointed I would be with the final roster.
Hey don't be so worried. He is going to make it just don't give up yet! We still have a ways to go, and Isaac can still make it. And if not in the initial roster then atleast DLC. We will get our playable Isaac this Smash so don't worry!

Just smile like your avatar :p And wait!

Top Bottom