• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Is your 3DS in good condition?

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
My 3DS is in pretty much perfect condition (got it for my birthday 3 years ago during the price drop), and the only game I got for it was Super Mario 3D Land (beat all but the final secret level), although I did play some good ole fashion Super Mario 64 for the DS on it (just to get that old 64 feel on it, since the DS didn't have a analogue stick like the 64 did), along with some Pokémon at times (and Mario Kart DS which is far easier to get drifts off), haven't had any problems with the circle pad or anything I'm confident it'll handle Smash 3DS just fine.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Red OG 3DS- It's in excellent condition. I got it back in 2011 but I phased it out of usage when I got my XL last year.

XL- It's in excellent condition. I got it last year for XY (it's the Red XY one) and it plays like a charm. It did feel a little clumsy when I played the demo though, but I guess that I'll get used to it when the game comes out here.

Red OG Japanese 3DS- Slightly wobbly circle pad with the paint chipped off the shoulder buttons, but I got it pre-owned for a great price. It plays Smash excellently.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I have not used my Aqua Blue 3DS ever since I bought my 3DS XL. Don't know if it's still in good condition though.

Flareon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Phychic
3DS FC
1075-0904-3809
Switch FC
2251-4138-1049
I bought my 3DS in August 2011 and it still works really well although it does freeze every now and then.

TheAppleFreak

Smash Rookie
NNID
TheAppleFreak
My ambassador, launch week 3DS is still in very good condition; the original stylus isn't staying in the holder as well as it used to (easily fixable) and there are some annoying dots of dirt on the upper screen that require more force than I'm comfortable using to remove them, but otherwise it's still in perfect shape.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Yep. I might need to update my 4gb SD card soon.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
My ambassador, launch week 3DS is still in very good condition; the original stylus isn't staying in the holder as well as it used to (easily fixable) and there are some annoying dots of dirt on the upper screen that require more force than I'm comfortable using to remove them, but otherwise it's still in perfect shape.
Easily fixable? How? All of mine fall out too...

Loachy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Loachy
3DS FC
3780-9091-2349
Yep. I got it on launch day and it still works like a charm. I haven't played any games that stress the circle pad as much as Smash so... hopefully it holds out well enough.

TheAppleFreak

Smash Rookie
NNID
TheAppleFreak
Easily fixable? How? All of mine fall out too...
It's just like how you'd do it with a DS or a Wii U stylus; on the top of the stylus is a little nub. The bit of plastic it's connected to is a sort of bridge from the top to the bottom of the head of the stylus; nudge something thin and relatively sturdy underneath that plastic and push it out a little. When you put the stylus back in, it'll stay in a lot more easily.

Now I will say this isn't a super long-term solution, as eventually the plastic will get pushed in again and you'll have to do it again, but it will work for that short time.

TearsforFears

Smash Cadet
NNID
TearsForFears
3DS FC
5472-6632-5877
I got mine almost exactly a year ago for my birthday! It's in great condition and has my awesome Pokedex decals still perfectly intact!

Cereal Bawks

Smash Ace
NNID
cereal_bawks
I got my 3DS before the price drop. Almost perfect condition. Only thing is my L button is pretty unresponsive. Which sucks, since that's the button I use for shielding.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
I got my 3DS before the price drop. Almost perfect condition. Only thing is my L button is pretty unresponsive. Which sucks, since that's the button I use for shielding.
Switch it to either the X or Y button when you get game. Or maybe make R shield and Y grab.

Tails1000

Smash Cadet
I bought mine in June 2011 (before the price drop was announced -.-) and it still feels good as new. If someone else ever played on it they probably would guess its only 2 months old :p
I'm hoping to keep it in great shape, then I could sell it after the new3ds comes out :)

elitex12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Elite X
3DS FC
5429-8241-5452
My 3ds is a little worn-out, although recently I have set it aside and began using a 2DS for most games. I always feel more comfortable with my 2DS.

XDaDePsak

BRoomer
BRoomer
My 3DS did have to have repairs once, when the power button suddenly stopped working. But it's fine now. (I still worry about it happening again, though...)

And recently the material which covers the control stick is starting to tear. I'm not sure whether or not this is a big issue that I should be concerned about.

Also, ever since the power button incident, my 3DS doesn't recharge easily. It has to be held in a certain position, or be perfectly flat on a surface. I'm not sure if this is a problem with the 3DS or the charger itself.

So, in the end, my 3DS still works and all, but it's not "perfect condition" or anything...
How did you get it repaired? And what was the cost?

Darrylols

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0044-2880-7964
I got my 3DS at launch (aqua blue). Scratches here and there are unavoidable but yes you won't notice them unless you look closely

Donkey_Inferno

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Donkey_Inferno
3DS FC
4768-7553-7018
I got my aqua blue 3ds on launch day back in March 2011. And it is in perfect condition. I check the 3d affectivness and the circle pad calibration in the settings at least once a week and they are perfect. I also check the L and R triggers frequently (these scare me the most cause BOTH my triggers are DEAD on my DSi from playing Kingdom Hearts 358/2 days) and all my other buttons are great. PLUS not a scratch thanks to screen protectors :)

So yeah. It's kinda like new.

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971
my L button sometimes gets stuck and the rubber on my circlepad is slowly crumbling off but otherwise great! (probaby because of me playing a ****load of Kid Icarus: Urising) got mine on release date btw

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
My first 3DS, I got Christmas 2011. It partially stopped working on July 4 this year, so I had to buy a new one.

And then they announced the N3DS two months later.

Needless to say, I feel incredibly ripped-off.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I've had my 3DS since December 2013 and it holds up nicely. The Darkrai decal on top of it is starting to falter, but the interior decal remains in good condition as well.

The 3DS itself works perfectly. I just don't subject it to much abuse.

Ursaguy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5472-7859-2409
OG 3ds from last Christmas. Literally the only game I have for it is pokemon, and that doesn't really put stress on it.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Got the special OoT version back in 2011. Works ok though I'm scared the hinge might break off one day (just like my DS Lite). I'm also worried how Sm4sh will affect my circle pad. If it breaks, I might get a 2DS since it doesn't have a hinge.

BriefCasey795

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AwesomeCasey
3DS FC
4382-2575-1384
I got my 3DS XL back in May in anticipation for Smash. It plays like a charm. My only gripe is that there's a dead pixel on the bottom left of the screen, but it's not very noticable.

However, I initially felt conflicted when I saw the N3DS announcement. I'm currently happy with my 3DS XL, so I'm gonna wait.

BlueZard

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tangerine1234
How did you get it repaired? And what was the cost?
I had to ship my 3DS to some repair place, I forget exactly how much it cost but I'm pretty sure it varies depending on the circumstance.

BlueZard

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tangerine1234
It might've been somewhere in the $30's or $40's...

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Aside from the dirt that occasionally gets on it from mine sweaty hands (which is cleaned off posthaste), mine Ice White 3DS is pretty much in the same condition as when I bought it in 2011. All of the buttons and the circle pad work perfectly, and the touch screen has absolutely no scratches. The only game I have for the 3DS that requires ample use of the touch screen is Kid Icarus: Uprising, and I play that game using the thumb strap accessory that was included with the original Nintendo DS--and since said accessory has a smooth surface (unlike the stylus), it makes no scratches whatsoever.

Mine old Nintendo DS, which I bought in 2004, still works perfectly, too--with the exception of the touchscreen, which I scratched the hell out of from playing Metroid Prime: Hunters.

Until something happens to mine current 3DS, I don't see mineself buying another one.

AuraBreak

Smash Apprentice
My black 3ds I got in 2012 is still nearly perfect aside from a small, almost unnoticeable dent on the right side from when I dropped it once. :/

Though my 3ds XL is in perfect shape, looks like it's brand new.

Loungemen

Smash Journeyman
My circle pad cover came off. This was before I even got the demo

Now I'm afraid if the actual circle pad breaks.

Ampetrix

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Christopaz
3DS FC
4527-8084-1972
My case is after I played the demo for some time, the circle pad cover came off, I instantly put it back and it stuck this time.
I'm not actually worried if the actual circle pad breaks. I'm saving for the new 3DS which would come out next year.

Top Bottom