• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is Wolf cheap?

MyNameIsRyan

Smash Journeyman
Well there's a tree... and.... uh i see a car... a
When i play Brawl at my friends house i play as Wolf alot. My friends think he is cheap becasue his left smash attack moves him forward two character lengths and his right+B can be used as recovery and a metoeor smash. I think he isnt i just say its the player who puts his skills to go use. Or am i just wrong and he really is cheap?

Vect0r

Smash Journeyman
what are you talking about? Wolf isn't cheap!

The only character that's the closest to "cheap" is Snake. But even he's not cheap.

RebelWithACoz

Smash Rookie
Tell you're friends to stop being whiney idiots :p

If they can't beat you as Wolf, it's their issue and should find out how. Holding jump as his final smash with dudes on top of you could be considered cheap, but they shouldn't be up there in that case :p Blame the game not the player.

Tell them if they think Wolfs Fsmash is cheap, then you should ban all the flying chars, or Ike who sets off an explosion every time he hits you :p

They're also forgetting or perhaps do not know that it's VERY easy to pwn yourself with Wolf's SideB, not to mention the sweetspot hitbox is freakin tiny. And not forgetting that there is no other move in the game with this awkward angle, it's hard to master.

Wolf is a good character, but he aint overpowered.

ToonTetra7

Smash Cadet
Snake and Wolf aren't cheap. But sometimes I feel like Wolf is a clone of Fox and Falco. Just a bit. :)

Browny

Smash Hater
wolfs fsmash is cheap (why does it need to cause tripping >.< ) but thats about it, everything else is fine

Meccs

@Meccs_
No character is "cheap", even MK, especially somebody as awesome as Wolf. That's like when my friends called me edgeguarding them in Melee cheap. (heh, they would always be like, "Let me/us back onto the stage so we can have a fair fight!") It's not cheap, just it works against them, so they resort to calling it that instead of, say, annoying (to them).

RebelWithACoz

Smash Rookie
Agree @ Vector

I'm fairly confident in my wolf abilities, im good with him. Give me fox and watch me lose, over, and over, and over.

They're chalk and cheese.

wangston

Smash Lord
If all you did was mash b for lasers, over on the c stick, and then down on the c stick I would call you and annoying MFer. It's not cheap it's just really annoying way to play.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Except that c stick spam with wolf fails. Fsmash = punishment invitation. Dsmash needs to be fresh and usmash is for dmg/punishment only.

Neither of the spacies are clones of each other.

His dsmash is much cheaper than his fsmash btw

chckn

Smash Ace
Except that c stick spam with wolf fails. Fsmash = punishment invitation. Dsmash needs to be fresh and usmash is for dmg/punishment only.

Neither of the spacies are clones of each other.

His dsmash is much cheaper than his fsmash btw
Yeah really, spam happy wolf's are my favorite matchup. Literally sidestep to dsmash all day long XD.

ToonTetra7

Smash Cadet
wrong. Falco is more a clone of Fox than Wolf is a clone of either.
I mean a little. His recovery, f-smash and very few of attacks are similar to either Fox and Falco (because Fox and Falco are like clones too).
It sounds confusing but I'm sure you'll understand :chuckle:

lol.

Stiyp.NewT

Smash Rookie
Lol. Anyone who thinks Wolf is cheap obviously hasn't ever played a good MK, Falco, Snake, D3 or G&W.
agreed with ease.

Yup, he's cheap, that's why he isn't even on of the top 8 characters in brawl.
lawl :) I heard 9+ are the cheap characters. MK, Snake, Falco, D3, G&W, Wario, Marth, and Lucario are all easy business and non lamer characters. Ganondorf, Wolf, and Yoshi are hands down the cheapest chars in the game :laugh:

homicidalrapist

Smash Apprentice
Your friends sound like noobs lol. Wolf has more weaknesses than strengths. Falco isn't cheap, he's just good.

E.M.

Smash Apprentice
WOlf is cheap? :laugh: show him a chain grab with falco, d3, etc. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
The appropriate term is gay.

and only MK and Marth are gay.
QFT

but you forgot yoshi

and i think that just because wolf rewards those with bad spacing. dosent make him "cheep" or "broken"

wolfbrawl

Smash Cadet
When i play Brawl at my friends house i play as Wolf alot. My friends think he is cheap becasue his left smash attack moves him forward two character lengths and his right+B can be used as recovery and a metoeor smash. I think he isnt i just say its the player who puts his skills to go use. Or am i just wrong and he really is cheap?
Your friends are....noobs. Wolf isn't even that high tier..... *hides*

notftomearth7

Smash Lord
On the blue planet next to the sun, can't miss it!
I believe is Wolf can only be considered cheap the first few Brawls against him, because you assume he's going to be a Fox Clone, where his ranged attacks are very weak, so you tend to keep your distance. However, when his right Smash moves him two lengths, your entire gameplan goes out the window.

BlackWaive

Smash Rookie
Wolf is easy to spam with.

F-smash, D-smash, Blaster. Everything you need to make a KO.

Of course, this doesn't work against better players, but against someone unfamiliar with Wolf it's infuriating.

TKD

Smash Lord
MK's the only cheap character. Dedede can also be cheap though, against almost everything that isn't MK.

Wolf is VERY far from cheap. He's cool anyway, why complain about Wolf?

SouL!~

Smash Rookie
MK's the only cheap character. Dedede can also be cheap though, against almost everything that isn't MK.

Wolf is VERY far from cheap. He's cool anyway, why complain about Wolf?
DDD? Cheap? Other than the CG, I don't think he's too bad.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Wolf isnt cheap. Some ppl may spam smashes and all but his recovery sucks, easily gimped, vulnerable to Chaingrabs/chainthrows, even to that of Pit's minor one. Should one spam a wolf, predictable, and should be countered. Besides, Wolf isnt as bad as Snake, MK, Falco, or D3 in what ppl call "Cheap"

Top Bottom