• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is Wolf cheap?

xX'Mitsurugi'Xx

Smash Ace
I mean a little. His recovery, f-smash and very few of attacks are similar to either Fox and Falco (because Fox and Falco are like clones too).
It sounds confusing but I'm sure you'll understand :chuckle:

lol.
Wolf isn't in anyway a cheap char, I've been playing him as my main since brawl came out and I unlocked him, like others have said, he was really good right when brawl came out, but once tactics were developed he became useless in tourney's due to his horrible weakness to chain grab, his telegraphed moves and the fact that he can be gimped so easily, it takes a very skilled person to main wolf in a tourney. When you start playing pro's with him they can read you like a book (I fought chu'dats kirby he beat me 5 out of 8 I've also fought chillin's Dedede once, it was a team match but I beat him, I'm just glad he didn't use meta knight XD ), you have to throw in AT's which can be very badly punished if failed, some are also hard to master and hard to proform against ppl who know what their doing, also I keep hearing ppl say that they think wolf is a clone, I really wish someone would explain this to me, in no way, shape or form is wolf anything like fox or falco, besides the fact that he is a space animal and his up-B kinda looks the same, yet it produces a completely diff result.

R4ZE

Smash Ace
wolf isnt cheap, he just has the lowest learning curve of any character in the game...

he is the pick up and win character lol

but thats fine, your friend just needs to learn to play.

you know whats cheap? MK's dsmash... and G&W in general.

Psycho K

Smash Rookie
Not at all. Spamming the Wolf Blaster is extremely gratifying though. The side smash is nice, but I don't remember spamming this much. Oh yeah. I don't like punishment.

No one in this game is broken, I'd think. But if you're on Shadow Moses against a skilled Dedede and your character can be chain grabbed, you have every reason to *****.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
@ R4ZE

Wolf actually isn't that easy to learn. Once you got a decent Wolf it becomes very hard to become better

Duo55

Smash Ace
wolf isnt cheap, he just has the lowest learning curve of any character in the game...

he is the pick up and win character lol

but thats fine, your friend just needs to learn to play.

you know whats cheap? MK's dsmash... and G&W in general.
Wolf's AT's are actually fairly challenging to consecutivly pull off against an exp'd combatant, his recovery is also a major issue, sure if your fighting your standard noob you'll epic own them with wolf, but fight someone with a tactic and you'll be own'd everyt time without the AT's.

Captain Sa10

Smash Journeyman
For one thing your friends are dumb as hell. Second of all, as long as you don't f-smash>laser spam them, then your noway NEAR being cheap, and if they can't escape that, then it's best they play another game. Other then those two facts, i'll put it simple refering to not only brawl but melee as well:

"Doesn't matter who you pick, or what the tier list says, it all comes back down to skill and how much time your willing to take to play your char to the best of its abilities."

Chance

Smash Rookie
The only thing better than Wolf is..... purple eddie murphey suit Wolf.
Lasers, Bair, reflector, fsmash, Ftilt game over for whom ever opposes you.

Ruiner.of.Old

Smash Rookie
wolf isnt cheaper then any other character in the game, hes got his good moves and a few bad ones and hes got his own problems like a small ledge sweetspot and bad up+b recovery. i gotta admit his tank is probably better then most other smashes, depending on the stage, but then again when the smash ball is one, skill often doesn't even come into play.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
I think that a n00b who jumps on and plays wolf can be cheap, but when an expert jumps on, he actually uses his skills to win. Having said this though, (keeping in mind I am a Sonic main and massively disadvantaged to Wolf) I think that his smashes for one can cause people to see him as a cheap character, and the absolutely annoying use of his reflector lol. He is a challenge to play, whether he is cheap or not, and even if he was, people should be going out of thier way to find new ways to beat him, thats what makes Smash my favourite game, anything is possible....

Wolfandike

Smash Apprentice
Snake and Wolf aren't cheap. But sometimes I feel like Wolf is a clone of Fox and Falco. Just a bit. :)
how is that the only things they have in common are the b's and wolds are hardly close to being like theres I would say falco is a clone of fox and wolfs move set is conpleatly different from theres. p.s snake and wolf are not cheap meta knight is!

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
how is that the only things they have in common are the b's and wolds are hardly close to being like theres I would say falco is a clone of fox and wolfs move set is conpleatly different from theres. p.s snake and wolf are not cheap meta knight is!
LOL, Snake is cheap, Infact, He's the cheapiest in the game! :laugh:
Wolf is kinda cheap with his "Side Special"
Meta Knight:Yeah, Too many consessive Moves.

Now kirby is cheap!

I mean, I love Kirby (One of my mains) you can get sent flying, but you can always float back on the stage.

He comes Right back at ya! LOL

Kirby is Perfect!

JawKnee~

Smash Cadet
Heh, my brother thought Wolf was cheap once I owned his Meta Knight with him, but of course he also thinks Sonic is cheap.. but that's only cause he can't seem to get dodge my laser spamming, also cause he sucks. =p Anyway, Wolf is not cheap.

xX'Mitsurugi'Xx

Smash Ace
LOL, Snake is cheap, Infact, He's the cheapiest in the game! :laugh:
Wolf is kinda cheap with his "Side Special"
Meta Knight:Yeah, Too many consessive Moves.

Now kirby is cheap!

I mean, I love Kirby (One of my mains) you can get sent flying, but you can always float back on the stage.

He comes Right back at ya! LOL

Kirby is Perfect!
I'll agree to with this to a degree, Kirby is a VERY well balanced char. range, knockdown, grab combo's, speed, recovery, priority. He really does have the whole package, god help you if he copy's a projectile, it's all over then, he becomes so hard to kill. I wouldn't call him cheap tho, once you pass a certain lvl of skill, tiers and comon knowledge become non reliable, it's all in the players hands, I mean, I main captain falcon as my third, do pretty **** good too.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
In brawl, "cheap" depends on the player, not the character. For example, not all MK's are cheap, but the ones who only use his tornado, Up-b, and Dsmash are. And also with Pit, only Pit players who use the arrow as their only attack are cheap. Wolf could be cheap if you play him like a Blaster and Fsmash spamming n00bsicle.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Not only is Wolf's Fsmash annoying, it isn't even that good because you are going to eat a powerful move if you whiff it for sure because of ending lag, the only good things about it are range and power...wait...but yeah it isn't that great, and cannot be spammed or you will lose against a decent player.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Fsmash is ... Wolf most misunderstood move. I can't stress it often enough but it's a punisher and nothing else. As long as you use it only for puishment, it will serve you very well though...

Top Bottom