• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is using Diddy's Bananas often considered a good tactic?

SoraOwnsAll

Smash Apprentice
I feel a bit cheap whenever I use the bananas a lot, which seems to be my main Diddy tactic. Whenever the opponent dies, I always pull out a banana, whenever that banana disappears, I pull another one out and keep using it just about constantly to knock them down and set them up for a running A, a running Usmash, or a running A that picks up another banana into throwing that banana up into a Usmash after they were hit with a banana. I dunno about you, but using all these bananas seems to be very cheap, but also a very effective tactic that can rack damage up fast =/

Jaxyl

Smash Rookie
Essentially you are doing nothing wrong in using his bananas. They are a part of his arsenal and is therefor a legitimate attack. You shouldn't focus on how cheap it is or how much you use it, you should instead focus on where it doesn't work and try to work to make those areas better.

Just remember that in a competitive game, those who cry cheap are just mad they can't do it back.

SoraOwnsAll

Smash Apprentice
But what I mean is, it sounds like you're a real natural when it comes to Diddy Kong :)
Thanks :) I hope to become a lot better with him in the next few months!

Essentially you are doing nothing wrong in using his bananas. They are a part of his arsenal and is therefor a legitimate attack. You shouldn't focus on how cheap it is or how much you use it, you should instead focus on where it doesn't work and try to work to make those areas better.

Just remember that in a competitive game, those who cry cheap are just mad they can't do it back.
Yeah, that is true. I guess I was just overreacting because I felt a little spammy...maybe its because of my JUS overdose, where people will moan and ***** at you if you use something more then twice in a match. Right now I need to learn how to seriously edgeguard though, and using bananas can be a somewhat effective edgeguarder o_O Not the best tactic, but it sure is fun gimping someones recovery with a well placed banana to their face.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Yes. /endthread

I've started referring to Diddy as "Bananas," recently, since that's really all Diddy users seem to be using nowadays. It seems like the character is actually the bananas, and Diddy's just an extra. >>

Luigi player

Smash Master
Yes. /endthread

I've started referring to Diddy as "Bananas," recently, since that's really all Diddy users seem to be using nowadays. It seems like the character is actually the bananas, and Diddy's just an extra. >>
How about you call Lucario "Aura" then.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
I feel a bit cheap whenever I use the bananas a lot, which seems to be my main Diddy tactic. Whenever the opponent dies, I always pull out a banana, whenever that banana disappears, I pull another one out and keep using it just about constantly to knock them down and set them up for a running A, a running Usmash, or a running A that picks up another banana into throwing that banana up into a Usmash after they were hit with a banana. I dunno about you, but using all these bananas seems to be very cheap, but also a very effective tactic that can rack damage up fast =/
Yeah. It's called "how to play Diddy Kong."

I've never even held my token above Diddy's character-selection square and I still know this is true.

(Came in just to say this).

jk
If you want to take some steps to fortify Diddy's meta game, then you could - in training of course - practice not using bananas. Just to see what else Diddy can do.

Luigi Player said:
How about you call Lucario "Aura Disjointed lingering" then.
Fixed. :laugh:

Circio

Smash Cadet
While practicing Diddy's other moves without bananas can be good, bananas are what truly define Diddy's playstyle. In order to fully make use of Diddy, you need to incorporate bananas into your game. This is not playing cheap; this is playing as Diddy.

napZzz

Smash Hero
Meh. I have lots of friends who "ban me" from diddy cuz they cant handle bananas.

Funny how they all main meta though. LOL

Luigi player

Smash Master
While practicing Diddy's other moves without bananas can be good, bananas are what truly define Diddy's playstyle. In order to fully make use of Diddy, you need to incorporate bananas into your game. This is not playing cheap; this is playing as Diddy.
Yeah, but you can't always rely on bananas... you have to learn not being helpless while not having bananas out or if your enemy can use them really well.

Tenki

Smash Hero
I actually came to this thread thinking that it was a question about using Diddy's Bananas against him lol.

MiiKai

Smash Cadet
They are just a tactic, just like D3 waddle spam, chaingrabs, Falcon's chaingrabs and lasers, ntc...

elementzmage

Smash Rookie
abusing bananas isnt a tactic its technicaly spam? idk his bananas get compared to peachs turnips and as a fellow peach mainer i think that if a character has a item that can be used accordingly that u should use it but not abuse it.

Top Bottom