• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is this supposed to happen?

Veggi

Smash Champion
I was playing as Ganon in controller slot 2 vs. Zelda in slot 1. We were playing on FD on our last stock and I used Ganoncide for fun. The wierd thing was though that both of our stocks went away and then Zelda's popped back up causing me to lose.

Would this be something like the controller ports for Bowser? I know about him, but I've never seen this before.

xX Boezy Xx

Smash Journeyman
Are you sure that Zelda's stock disappeared, then magically re-appeared? It is possible that only you died, and Zelda survived. This does happen a lot with characters (The whole Ganon dies, but they survive thing. This only happens if it's the last stock though).

Veggi

Smash Champion
Are you sure that Zelda's stock disappeared, then magically re-appeared? It is possible that only you died, and Zelda survived. This does happen a lot with characters (The whole Ganon dies, but they survive thing. This only happens if it's the last stock though).
Yeah, when it happened the first time I thought, wait did I really just see that? So I saved the replay, watched it again and saw it.

HeoandReo

Smash Apprentice
He means that on occasions, a particular controller port would win out in priority, for example, if 2 players died at the same time, the player with the lowest number (closest to 1) would win. I personally think that's what's going on here.

I've also heard stories about people being able to 'turn' Ganon when the move is being done, but I've never experienced that, myself.

Also about the stock thing, when a character wins, that character no longer takes damage or loses stocks. I've done many a time where I suicided in the slowdown when the fight ended, and I didn't lose a stock when it happened.

Veggi

Smash Champion
He means that on occasions, a particular controller port would win out in priority, for example, if 2 players died at the same time, the player with the lowest number (closest to 1) would win. I personally think that's what's going on here.

I've also heard stories about people being able to 'turn' Ganon when the move is being done, but I've never experienced that, myself.

Also about the stock thing, when a character wins, that character no longer takes damage or loses stocks. I've done many a time where I suicided in the slowdown when the fight ended, and I didn't lose a stock when it happened.
Yeah the first part is right. What do you mean by 'turn' Ganon? Also what I mean was, when I used Ganoncide both the percents vanished like when one person loses. But a split second after that the percent came back like it was before I used Ganoncide, causing me to lose.

Jerails

Smash Rookie
During Ganon's midair side-b, both Ganon and the victim can control who hits the ground first (or loses stock breaching the death-point) by DI. It happens really fast, but that seems to be what occurs.

WastingPenguins

Smash Ace
During Ganon's midair side-b, both Ganon and the victim can control who hits the ground first (or loses stock breaching the death-point) by DI. It happens really fast, but that seems to be what occurs.
Source? As far as I know all testing and observation thus far (by a lot of different Ganon players) has only revealed some characters seem to die (usually) at the same time as Ganon and sometimes Ganon dies while his opponent lives (and wins the match) . The cause of this is ultimately unknown but seems to stem from the way that Ganon holds a given character during the Ganoncide animation (every character is held differently), though no character ever gives 100% consistent results. I've never seen, heard or experienced anything that would have me believe the result has anything to do with DI, but feel free to prove me wrong if you have any kind of source.

As far as I know the best you can hope for when Ganonciding the last stock is sudden death.

Top Bottom