• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is this "Din's Fire" technique possible?

Buh

Smash Apprentice
You just used the keyword "Always", that's the same thing as saying "0".

If you say "there is always a better move"

that's the same thing as saying "This move has 0 use."
Good job not understanding my post. When I say that a move has practical uses, that doesn't mean that there isn't something better to do. You can downsmash with Marth if another Marth short hops and then counters, because the downsmash will hit the only part of Marth that is able to be hit. It's still better to grab, or wait and then forward smash.

EDIT: You didn't truly answer Magus' question either.
how every character in the game with the exception of Samus (since it's only usable on Samus) can go from being off in the magnifying glass when it is released at near/max distance to suddenly being close enough to the edge in the 15-20 or so frames of lag Din's has after the explosion's hitbox would be hitting to somehow disrupt your edgehog and edgeguarding as usual like if you had instead sat there and waited?
I know. Instead, I simply showed how every character can be edge-guarded better by fair or bair.

Zone

Smash Champion
Good job not understanding my post. When I say that a move has practical uses, that doesn't mean that there isn't something better to do. You can downsmash with Marth if another Marth short hops and then counters, because the downsmash will hit the only part of Marth that is able to be hit. It's still better to grab, or wait and then forward smash.

I know. Instead, I simply showed how every character can be edge-guarded better by fair or bair.
We know That F-air and B-air is better, But we are talking about, when they are not in range for such a kick. When magnified, you have enough time on some people to din's fire attempt THEN go for the --> better edge-guard, and hogging tactics.

which is the whole point of asking how can someone get to the edge, before you can din's fire, then easily have enough time to do the regular edge guarding tactics, when they are magnified.

Edit: I never had any ill-will toward you. But never make judgements on someone's skill level, when you've never played them.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Why are you arguing about a move that has never been used usefully in tournament? Seriously. It's worthless...

Why would any of you want to argue over dins fire? It's a horrible move...

Sure, you can edgeguard with it in some cases, but don't all of you know how slow zelda is? Usually you hit people off the stage from the center, more often the the edge with her fair or bair. In this case, you have to run all the way over to edge, then use dins fire, and by that time they will already be in a position to recover past it easily.

Also, you cannot follow up your moves with dins fire because it makes zelda stationary. Why would you want to get in a few % over position on your opponent? Zelda is slow, and doesn't get the chance to gain position on her opponents often, and using dins fire instead of spacing yourself to punish your opponent just doesn't make any sense.

You can argue with me, and say that you can do a certain thing, at a certain %, but it doesn't matter. Over a whole match or set, din's fire will never change the outcome of the match. You never get enough chances to use it, when there is something better to do. Sometimes its just better to position yourself rather then attack as well.

Basically, any zelda player could NOT use this move and do just as well or better then if they DID use it. And even if they did use it and did just as well, so what? That doesn't make it any better of a move.

Zone

Smash Champion
Why are you arguing about a move that has never been used usefully in tournament? Seriously. It's worthless...

Why would any of you want to argue over dins fire? It's a horrible move...

Sure, you can edgeguard with it in some cases, but don't all of you know how slow zelda is? Usually you hit people off the stage from the center, more often the the edge with her fair or bair. In this case, you have to run all the way over to edge, then use dins fire, and by that time they will already be in a position to recover past it easily.

Also, you cannot follow up your moves with dins fire because it makes zelda stationary. Why would you want to get in a few % over position on your opponent? Zelda is slow, and doesn't get the chance to gain position on her opponents often, and using dins fire instead of spacing yourself to punish your opponent just doesn't make any sense.

You can argue with me, and say that you can do a certain thing, at a certain %, but it doesn't matter. Over a whole match or set, din's fire will never change the outcome of the match. You never get enough chances to use it, when there is something better to do. Sometimes its just better to position yourself rather then attack as well.

Basically, any zelda player could NOT use this move and do just as well or better then if they DID use it. And even if they did use it and did just as well, so what? That doesn't make it any better of a move.
Why not?

like 95% of all conversations in the boards are pretty pointless, but we do it for the ideal just to talk and converse. W/o talking like this, Zelda boards are dead all the time anyways.

besides your re-asking some questions I already addressed. You put in only scenarios that helped your argument just now. *if yoru in the middle of the stage you have to run to the edge to hit them while magnifying* What about if ur already at the edge >.>;

You basically have the same mindset as me. It's a horrible move, no one is saying it isn't. I just saw the "Zero practical" when that isn't true at all.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Why not?

like 95% of all conversations in the boards are pretty pointless, but we do it for the ideal just to talk and converse. W/o talking like this, Zelda boards are dead all the time anyways.

besides your re-asking some questions I already addressed. You put in only scenarios that helped your argument just now. *if yoru in the middle of the stage you have to run to the edge to hit them while magnifying* What about if ur already at the edge >.>;

You basically have the same mindset as me. It's a horrible move, no one is saying it isn't. I just saw the "Zero practical" when that isn't true at all.
Oh. I just thought people actually thought it was a useful move lmao.

Impp

Smash Ace
I like Din's fire alot. I over use it, and get punished but I'm pretty good with it, too. Some of you might be surprised at how often it connects when you just throw it out there. It's risky, but I find it more effective than bad.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
I like Din's fire alot. I over use it, and get punished but I'm pretty good with it, too. Some of you might be surprised at how often it connects when you just throw it out there. It's risky, but I find it more effective than bad.
I totally agree with you on this. ^_O>

Din's Fire rox!!!

S2

Smash Lord
This CJack video shows some good uses of Din's Fire.

Basically, he doesn't always hit it, but oftentimes uses it to control space.

Skyson

Smash Ace
I sometimes randomly will use Din's Fire when recovering. It's stupid how you lose your third jump after using it, but during a match with a lot of up-b and air dodge recoveries, I'll rarely but sometimes glide horizontally with Din's Fire to recover. Mindgame entirely, and not really recommendably effective, but it's something different. It's fun as an attack, but I don't particularly like it compared to Nayru's Love. >_>

Buh

Smash Apprentice
Once, I accidentally did Din's Fire against a Samus who had fired a charged shot at me, and it happened to keep me hovering above it. XD

Moneyman228

Smash Cadet
Did any of you see Darkmusician's zelda combo video? She showed a few Din combos. I admit din's is really hard to use, but its not bad enough to be a bottom tier or useless move like DK's Headbutt or luigi's side-b skull thing. Darkmusician used the move pretty good in the few clips I saw in the video. I think Din's fire good have some good uses if we tried looking for combo's like the one we were discussing here or the ones in Darkmusician's video.

BTW: Dk's headbutt is crap

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Did any of you see Darkmusician's zelda combo video? She showed a few Din combos. I admit din's is really hard to use, but its not bad enough to be a bottom tier or useless move like DK's Headbutt or luigi's side-b skull thing. Darkmusician used the move pretty good in the few clips I saw in the video. I think Din's fire good have some good uses if we tried looking for combo's like the one we were discussing here or the ones in Darkmusician's video.

BTW: Dk's headbutt is crap
Awwwww yeah! Thanks Moneyman. :]

Din's Fire looks so sweet in Brawl. (saw the magazine scan thingy)

And yeah, Din's fire is okay at times. Just gotta be creative.

Top Bottom