• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is there anyone who doesn't care who gets added so long as [insert] gets in?

CodakTheWarrior

Smash Ace
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again; if I can get both Geno and Skull Kid, I’m legit ok with every single video game character you could possibly fathom getting into the game. Until then, though, I’m ALOT more picky

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
I've gotten :ultkrool:, :ultridley:, :ultwolf: (revamped), :ultdarksamus:, :ultchrom:, :ultisabelle:, and :ultinkling: I'm SOOO Happy with this roster so far! I Still REALLY want a few more like Medusa, Dixie Kong, Bandana Dee, and Captain Toad. If one of these last 4 get in I can't be disappointed. I'm already SOO much more happier with this list of newcomers than Smash 4's that I don't really care who is left (as long as it ain't something asinine like Goku or Shrek or something). While I'm not a fan of 3rd parties in Smash as they are the least hype announcements to me. I would except another one if we get at least Dixie Kong.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
If we get that super unlikely Waluigi slip in I'm set for life.

But really, Isaac, Sora, Skull Kid or Banjo & Kazooie and I'll be happy with any of them.

But I got :ultkrool: and he was in my top 3 with Waluigi and Isaac, so I can't complain I got someone.

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
Like, if Arle Nadja makes it in, then I would go on to accept SpongeBob and Son Goku, that's how pleased I am.

Of course I want more than that, but like once Arle gets in I'm in a state of paradise and nothing could upset me.

pap64

Smash Apprentice
NNID
pappel64
Switch FC
2966 0225 9209
Not gonna lie...I want Geno, Sora, and Isaac in Ultimate. But since K.Rool,Animal Crossing characters, Ridley, Miis et. all are in Smash, I can be happy if none of them get in. If they do, it'd be a great bonus. But the game as is is looking fantastic.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Mine is Dovahkiin.

I’m really happy with the roster now. The only glaring omission in my mind is a certain twin-tailed fox, but I’m so excited by Squirtle returning that I know I’m gonna love this game. Oh, and the big villain bros as well.

But if by some miracle the Dragonborn shouts his way in... oh man, that would be beyond incredible. If that happened, I’d be okay with literally anyone else.

Last edited:

ufufu

Smash Rookie
I’m happy with all the newcomers, but I really want Incineroar playable in Smash ultimate. Anyone else after my boy is just a bonus, I’d even happily take Steve with no complaints.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
If Elma is added, I will never ask for anything ever again.

Although, if any of the following are added: Neku Sakuraba, a Rhythm Heaven character, Bandana Waddle Dee, Lloyd Irving or Black Shadow - I will also be very satisfied. Just, Elma takes the priority right now.

CrimsonFlash

Smash Cadet
they add the black knight and I really don't care what happens after, as of now I do care because chrom is in to make this game lesser in my eyes.

I generally am pretty easy to please though, just give me that and all sins are forgiven, if he is deconfirmed for even DLC I am cancelling my special edition pre order.

I suppose I would be bothered by generic platformer protagonist #184 instead of Mr. my game popularised a freaking genre, but in all honesty I really don't care after Black Knight.

xAquaCrystal

Smash Journeyman
Shadow the hedgehog and bandana dee. As long as I get those two idc who gets in.

MrGameguycolor

Smash Lord
NNID
MrGameguycolor
Switch FC
7681-9716-5789
I'm already at this point when they announced that every Smash fighter is here.

:ultridley::ultkrool: were an awesome bonus to me and the fact that they're continuing to build on with so much more, well I've never been more grateful in my gaming life.

Thank you Masahiro Sakurai and the entire Super Smash Bros. team for everything!

Alsyght

Smash Journeyman
Idk how likely it is, but I’ve wanted Springman since the beginning and I will main him even if he’s worse than Jigglypuff

SupriceSupplies

Smash Journeyman
Give me Bandana Waddle Dee or give me death. I BELIEVE

Okay, but seriously. With Kirby being tied for my favourite Nintendo franchise with Pikmin (Sad Alph alt days), Kirby's best friend is easily my most wanted, and part of the reason is because I have a bit of a bias towards spear users, though I would love if he could mix it with his parasol and other things.

Of course, I have other wishes. Phoenix Wright in particular is up there, but he'd be a great bonus for me. For others, I have Rayman, Captain Toad, Bomberman (Sad AT days), Lycanroc, and various Kirby side characters. (Galacta never. Sad costume days.) But really, if Bandana Dee is in, I genuinely could not care less as to who else gets added.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
For me, that'd be Geno. At that point, they could add Goku, a Cucco, and Steve Minecraft to the game and I'd be fine with the roster.
Although there are a few other characters who I think deserve to be in by now, but I wouldn't throw a fit if they didn't make it in.

Last edited:

LilTurel

Smash Cadet
I want banjo as my number 1 pick. Geno in the game for sure for my Geno fans out there. TBH tho I really don't mind troll characters because I find them hilarious to see meme about in fighters. Also I'm not opposed to more 3rd party characters as I'm not all about Nintendo 24/7 so it's nice to see them in out of their usual context.

The Animator

Smash Journeyman
I got my most wanted Nintendo character, but I will always care who gets added. Its still a bummer when they choose a character I hate because that's one less character I am going to play as. I still want characters I am going to be excited to play as.

StormC

Smash Hero
:ultkrool::ultridley::ultsnake::ultwolf: were all I needed for this game, but obviously, especially K. Rool.

While I think Dixie Kong is the biggest Nintendo character currently not in the game and I'd like to see Bandana Dee make the jump, if they don't get in at least I'll already be happy with the four characters I wanted the most already in. I've gravitated to Banjo-Kazooie since the King's confirmation, but I'm obviously not expecting him to get in due to the extraordinary circumstances surrounding the character. His inclusion would simply be just an awesome bonus that would catapult the chances of this seriously being my all time favorite game. If I complained about no Banjo, Sakurai would have the right to materialize in front of me and shout "what's your problem?! I already gave you the characters you asked for earlier and now you want Banjo too?!" :p

If nothing else, Dixie and Banjo would be great to make this game really feel like a Rare reunion, between three newcomers, one veteran, and the Krystal AT. But if you told me in February we'd be getting a new Smash game with the four characters I listed above, I'd call my future self greedy for asking for more.

Last edited:

lucasla

Smash Journeyman
As mush as I like Banjo and Kazooie, Crash has always been the main face of plataform games of the Playstation against Mario on the Nintendo. And with Crash finally being on a Nintendo plataform, there's no better time to add him to Smash and put Mario and Crash to fight. I would also say something similar to Rayman, but mostly because Ubisoft has been a great partner from Nintendo. So, the main characters that would make the game complete to me would be Crash, followed by Rayman, followed by Banjo-Kazooie, followed by any other people want. Not considering the Echoes, but only characters with new movesets.

Last edited:

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
I mean I do campaign a lot for Skull Kid and Elma and there are a few characters I really don't want to see, but after :ultridley: and everyone is here, I feel everything that came afterwards are bonuses. AMAZING bonuses, sure, but Ridley is the one I always wanted the most

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Put Toad/Captain Toad in and you can add all the random ass one off Mario RPG series partners, Flavour of the month Pokemon options, Retro characters that never really took off, Marth Clones, Canon Sonic OCs, indie and anime characters that will eventually turn Smash into MUGEN that you want.

Actually scratch that last part. Not sure I'd be fine with a future where Smash becomes MUGEN.

Still put (Captain) Toad in as his own fighter already.

lucasla

Smash Journeyman
Put Toad/Captain Toad in and you can add all the random *** one off Mario RPG series partners, Flavour of the month Pokemon options, Retro characters that never really took off, Marth Clones, Canon Sonic OCs, indie and anime characters that will eventually turn Smash into MUGEN that you want.

Actually scratch that last part. Not sure I'd be fine with a future where Smash becomes MUGEN.

Still put (Captain) Toad in as his own fighter already.
Captain Toad doesn't jump on his game. Make him jump in Smash would even feel.. not true for the character. Toad is ok, would be nice to complete the Mario team.

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
If Skull Kid gets in, they could add anyone else or no one at all and I'd be content. Ideally I'd also like Shadow, Undyne, Spyro and maybe Chell, though I can only really see Chell being an Assist Trophy, but just put Skull Kid in and I'd be content. And if he doesn't get it, well, my main Mewtwo is back and I'm happy about that!

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Captain Toad doesn't jump on his game. Make him jump in Smash would even feel.. not true for the character. Toad is ok, would be nice to complete the Mario team.
Ironically he does actually jump in the ending cutscene of the Wii U version of his game, and Mario Galaxy has another Toad Brigade member state "The Captain wall jumped to give chase to the thief".
Talk of his inability to jump at all is greatly overstated. It's just a gameplay excuse :p

But I'd be fine with regular Toad too. I like them almost equally, just want one of them in at this point to round off the Mario characters.

Last edited:

SupriceSupplies

Smash Journeyman
I think his inability of being able to jump can be easily worked around. Maybe have a music block note appear under his feet when pressing the jump button? Add in an animation that makes him panic or something from suddenly being launched, and I think you have a decent enough workaround. Still, making him not being launched very far and giving him high fall speed might still emphasize the weight he carries on his back. And while you could argue it'd work better as a recovery, there are other options to supplement that, like a cannon launch.

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
For the base roster, all I really care about is if it has a Rhythm Heaven rep. That's all I need to feel content with it. I'd also really like to see Bandana Dee, Geno, and a bunch of others, but I'd be okay if they were absent.

lucasla

Smash Journeyman
I think his inability of being able to jump can be easily worked around. Maybe have a music block note appear under his feet when pressing the jump button? Add in an animation that makes him panic or something from suddenly being launched, and I think you have a decent enough workaround. Still, making him not being launched very far and giving him high fall speed might still emphasize the weight he carries on his back. And while you could argue it'd work better as a recovery, there are other options to supplement that, like a cannon launch.
Actually, I'm now curios if Smash could handle a character that cannot jump, at least not in the regular way of the others. Is that possible? I'm so curious now that I want to see something like that.. Maybe he could really "summon" the bird of the game to move on the air, or a block, but a character that doesnt jump would be even more interesting.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
I don't care who gets in as long as Geno, banjo kazooie, skull kid, Isaak, chrono, dixie+kiddy team, rayman, scorpion, mage ganon with an oot moveset, masks link, and Goku get in. :D

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Actually, I'm now curios if Smash could handle a character that cannot jump, at least not in the regular way of the others. Is that possible? I'm so curious now that I want to see something like that.. Maybe he could really "summon" the bird of the game to move on the air, or a block, but a character that doesnt jump would be even more interesting.
It looks like I'm gonna have to put up that video again... Those here from the Captain Toad thread should know the one:

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
It looks like I'm gonna have to put up that video again... Those here from the Captain Toad thread should know the one:
Thanks for the promotion ;3

I was thinking if he DID have to have a jump, it may be worth giving him a non-conventional one. Seen a lot of suggestions about springs appearing underneath, or the propeller platforms or music blocks to throw him skywards

A Flaptor dragging him upwards is a decent representation of his game since he gets kidnapped by (a different) bird enemy in that one. Wingo's waaay too big to do the job but a Flaptor? Not a bad size, just make it appear like Toad appears in Peach/Daisy's moveset and have it lift him a little ways.

Flaptor Jump.png

Fits with the whole 'manipulates his enemies' thing Treasure Tracker had you do repeatedly too.

But yeah, this guy please. Toad's a weird omission in my eyes, alongside Dixie Kong. I'd also say Meowth but Pokemon is such a crapshoot when it comes to Smash fighters.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
If I finally get Toad and Meowth as playable fighters, I will forever be thankful and never ask Sakurai for anything ever again.

I don’t think I’ve ever wanted anyone that badly.

maybe lyn when brawl was coming out?

but whatever

I think ephraim from fire emblem would be cool, but if he’s not in it wouldn’t matter; I just love playing smash.

Top Bottom