• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is there anyone who doesn't care who gets added so long as [insert] gets in?

_sneaK

Smash Apprentice
I for one haven't cared who's gotten in, I'm just fingers crossed for Skull Kid to get in.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
I am totally like this. I've already gotten burned by Bomberman and Krystal's deconfirmations, and while I'd like to have playable Vaati, I highly doubt that it's going to happen. To be honest, I'm just happy for whoever makes it in. I'm going to enjoy the game anyway.

D

Deleted member

Me after the August Smash Direct. :ultsimon::ultrichter::ultkrool:

To be frank, there isn't much else I could ask for that isn't disconfirmed or a pipe dream.

Sabertooth

Smash Ace
I want to say I feel this way after King K. Rool, but I just don't. I still think Everyone Is Not Here until we get Dixie Kong, and even after we get her, I'll find a new character to champion. Rayman is my #1 choice but that's a pipe dream as he's not nearly iconic, requested, or "relevant" enough.

I think part of the fun of Smash prerelease is that feeling of suspended hype where you're not sure if your most wanted character will get in. It wouldn't be Smash without that feeling!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I guess I’m kind of like this. I have a lot of characters I’d like to see in Smash like;
Skull Kid
Sylux
Zoroark
Bandanna Waddle Dee
Alm
Rex & Pyra
Isaac
Dante
Leon Kennedy
Monster Hunter
Any SMT Protagonist
Kazuma Kiryu
Sora
Bill Rizer
Ryu Hayabusa
Doomguy.
Those are who I’d like to see, as impossible as some might seem to others.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Banjo-Kazooie, Bandana Dee, & Isaac (to make his fans happy) for me.

My other most wanted are either deconfirmed (Waluigi, Krystal, Toad, Goroh) or feel skeptical about. (Dixie, Impa)

Last edited:

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
I'm that way about Banjo & Kazooie... As long as they get in I wouldn't care if no other person I'm rooting for doesn't or characters I've personally disliked the ideas of like Goku, Shrek and Minecraft Steve got in.

Lazer Tuna

Smash Rookie
Bandana Waddle Dee is my most wanted. Anyone else I want to just satisfy my friends/the general populace, like Dixie Kong, Skull Kid, Elma, Etc(as long as they aren’t more 3rd parties)

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
I feel like banjo or crash making it in in my case would make me care less about fighters I do not want making it in but I do not feel like that would completely take the feeling away for characters who I just think deserve a spot more or just that I personally like better.

I personally try not to think about it much though because there are other people who are probably happy to see the fighter I did not want plus it is pretty much impossible for the roster to be exactly how I want it so it is not worth getting too salty over.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I am totally like this. I've already gotten burned by Bomberman and Krystal's deconfirmations, and while I'd like to have playable Vaati, I highly doubt that it's going to happen. To be honest, I'm just happy for whoever makes it in. I'm going to enjoy the game anyway.
You literally posted exactly what I would have.

Khao

Smash Lord
At this point, I don't care who gets added period. Sm4sh's roster alone already went beyond all of my expectations. Ultimate is already shattering my expectations all over again. I still have several characters I'd love to see, but this roster is already well beyond what I ever expected Smash to achieve. I'd be more than satisfied even if Sakurai randomly says tomorrow that there's no one else left to announce.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
You add an SMT protagonist, and I don't give a **** if the big mighty poo gets in.

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
Honestly I usually feel that way with Smash, but I stopped feeling that way for Smash 4 DLC because it felt like this was the big chance to get everyone that fans had been asking about for years into the game, and when it turned out to be Cloud and Bayonetta I was salty as can be. I feel similarly for Ultimate knowing it's supposedly based on Ballot choices. If this were any other Smash Bros. Game I probably wouldn't care when a character I don't personally approve of is announced ( so far I've been fine with everyone, though my hype was killed a little when Isabelle wasn't an echo. )

...However if Banjo makes it in they can add all the fire emblem and japan only mobile game characters they want and i'll be happy.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I don’t really care who else gets in. Some of my most wanted characters from the Sm4sh days plus Snake and Wolf are in Ultimate now so I’m satisfied with how the game looks now in terms of character roster. There really isn’t anyone else I would like to see besides the ones others have been asking for.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

^^ Same,

I just want the game released already. I really only wanted Wolf back and he is here so im satisfied.

RineYFD

Smash Journeyman
I did get Ridley at E3, so I can't say I didn't get what I wanted.
Still getting Sora, Tails, Adeleine or Infernape would be cool.
I'm okay with almost anyone but anything stupid like Goku, Vault Boy or Freddy Fazbear.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
In terms of characters who haven't been deconfirmed, Elma and Bandana Dee definitely fulfill that quota for me (maybe Impa and KOS-MOS to a lesser extent).

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
There are still characters I'd like to see get in, but when I got Ridley that was it for me, he could have been the only newcomer and I'd gladly pay full price for the game. I don't actually care that much about who's left, doubly so after K. Rool and Dark Samus, so if I get anyone else I'd like I'll consider them bonuses.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
If Skull Kid and Bandana Dee get, I won't give a care in the world who else is in.

Kirby
R.O.B.
Rosalina
Greninja
Mr. Game & Watch
Young Link
Everyone is here in general
Oot Ganondorf
Albw Zelda
So many stages
Ridley
K Rool

Adding Bandana Dee and especially Skull Kid would make this game pretty much perfect

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Just give me Medusa (The Kid Icarus one), Phosphora, or Monster Hunter, and I'll likely be fine. Granted, I still may be a bit petty regarding certain characters, but I'd quickly get over (well maybe, depending on the character in question) it if one of the three I named make it in.

Last edited:

scoobymcsnack

Smash Journeyman
Honestly at this point I’m happy with the roster. Like many stated above, there are definitely still characters I’m hope for. But how can I be upset about them with the game already being so great?
This is probably cheating, but I’m more “I’m okay with anyone as long as no fourth parties get in”

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
In a way I am like this, but also not? Like, I already have Yoshi so I don't care too much about who else gets added (of course I have personal wishes still but won't be too upset if they don't get in), but I do care if they'd add certain characters that, IMO, would really bring down the overall feel of the roster such as, uh, Minecraft Steve. But really, the roster is wonderful already as it is so if they'd release it like this, I'd be good already. More is always nice though of course.

ShadowTheHedgehogZ

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4227-4459-2606
Switch FC
2267-2995-1302
I dont really care as long as Shadow and Geno are in just as long as Steve doesn't make it in or any other weird characters

lucasla

Smash Journeyman
If Crash is added, I will actually not care too much about anyone else, but I would really like to see Rayman, Banjo-Kazooie, Spring-Man be added too.
And I also see no reason for not adding Ken and Shadow just as an echo of Ryu and Sonic. Just.. add their skins... no extra work needed.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

One word:

Geno

Okay maybe there are a few other characters, but I don't see them getting into Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.
Sorry Mike Jone, maybe another day.

Last edited by a moderator:

AIM0001

Smash Lord
If Sakurai gets Geno in, he can add 4 more Fire Emblem characters and Grey Pit for all I care.

Sabertooth

Smash Ace
If Sakurai adds Rayman, Dixie Kong, Funky Kong, and Geno, he can anyone for all I care, as long as he also adds Rex, Cranky Kong, Spyro, Crabrawler, Blaziken, Malos, Ninten, Louie, Mallow, Waluigi, Marx, Magolor, Monty Mole, Goomba, Ristar, King Boo, Black Shadow, regular Boo, Crash, Black Mage, Inuyasha, and James Bond, as well as the entire cast of Eternal Darkness for Gamecube.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
If Banjo & Kazooie make it in, they could have 15 new blue-haired Marth clone Fire Emblem characters and I wouldn't care. JUST GIVE US BANJO-KAZOOIE!

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Yep. :ultdaisy:

Suck it, nerds.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
That's where I'm at for Geno at this point

letsgetsmashing

Smash Apprentice
Everytime I think, If this character gets in I'll be happy someone else comes along and steals my heart. I could think of 50 characters I want in Smash, but to me, once these characters get in, I'll be okay forever.

Essentials
Dixie Kong- Donkey Kong lineup will not be complete without her. To me she's more important to the series than K. Rool (as much as I love him) and is the last missing piece for the franchise to be good.

Captain Toad- More important to the Mario series than Bowser Jr., Rosalina, and Daisy IMO. Should've gotten in a long time ago because of his constant relevance and long standing position in Nintendo history. Plus now Toad has his own game, which is unique and has so much moveset potential.

Impa- She's such an important part of the Zelda series and has appeared in almost every major title. A lot of people think the Zelda series feels complete with Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf, but I think (very controversially I might add) that Impa is just as important to the games as Ganondorf. She taught Zelda (Sheik) everyhting she knows and has helped keep the Princess alive in some shape or form in plenty of games.

Bandana Dee- He's the player four of Kirby. He's extremely popular and relevant. He's a mainstay like Kirby, King Dedede, and Meta Knight. He has incredible potential in Smash. He uses a spear. You've heard all the arguments by now. He needs to be in the game, okay?

Isaac- Golden Sun is a masterpiece, and the series as a whole is a fun playthrough. That aside, Isaac needs to be in Smash because he represents what the community can do for a character that had basically been abandoned by Nintendo. You could say Geno fills this bill, but IMO Isaac should get in first.

Chorus Kids- Rhythm Heaven needs a rep, and I prefer them to Karate Joe. Rhythm Heaven is the last Nintendo franchise that truly needs to be represented in Smash, no offense to Golden Sun and Chibi-Robo fans. I already said why Isaac needs to be in the game by the way. The Chrous Kids could be really cool too, especially if there was three of them. We've already seen how two characters can work, so how about three.

Banjo & Kazooie- It would be the ultimate reunion. Banjo and Kazooie are Nintendo characters, plain and simple, and they will always be Nintendo characters. It would honestly be one of the greatest Smash moments if they were finally able to reunite with the Nintendo family.

Honorable Mentions
Slippy Toad and Peppy Hare- I felt putting them on the essentials would be a bit dramatic, but it would be a dream come true to see the entire (main) Star Fox team in Smash. Plus they could represent Star Fox in a different way than Fox, Falco, and Wolf, who all have similar movesets.

Medusa- Again, not essential, but having a Kid Icarus villain would be nice. Having a female villain in Smash, a game now full of badass women, would be even nicer.

Rayman- Wanted to put him on the essentials, but he's really not. I can't complain about not having Rayman in the when game icons like Sonic, Pac-Man, Mega Man, Snake, Cloud, Bayonetta, Ryu, and Simon Belmont are playable. It feels a bit greedy to ask for more. But Banjo is an exception :)

Last edited:

Silver Malxo

Smash Rookie
I think Smash Ultimate is looking awesome, but in order to truly earn its name, it needs to add one more character-Ryu Hayabusa from the Ninja Gaiden and Dead or Alive series. As a novice Ninja Gaiden player in addition to Smash, I am reminded of his fearsome credentials every time I play Ninja Gaiden, and I firmly believe that he meets all the criteria necessary to warrant inclusion in Smash Ultimate. But if he doesn't get in, Simon Belmont is a nice consolation prize.

Pip McGooley

Smash Rookie
That's exactly how I am with Geno. All the other characters are neat and stuff, but Geno is all I care about.

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi
I think I'll always have an opinion on who gets added, because I'm naturally an opinionated guy. But had Ashley made the cut, I wouldn't care anywhere near as much as I do. And that's saying something, because between the additions of Ridley, King K. Rool, Dark Samus, and Isabelle, the return of Wolf, and the quality guest appearance by Simon Belmont, I'm already in a pretty forgiving mood, should a really stupid character end up getting announced, haha.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I mean after getting :ultridley::ultkrool::ultsimon: I have no right to complain so whatever else is added is cool with me.

Top Bottom