• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is there any rule for ice climbers in tournaments?

Yunior597

Smash Journeyman
im doing a local tournament and i want to know if there is any specific ruule about ice climbers, which chain grab they can do and which they cant and what % etc..

any information is useful thanks in advance.

swordgard

Smash Hero
They can cg at any % in any way they want and take your soul while they are at it.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Generally the only limitation put on chain grabs is that they must end at 300% or under as to avoid stalling.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Well i always tough there was a rule about chaingrab but can't finish with a spike.

Er lol whut.

No, there never was. At least not in any decent ruleset >.> And why limit spiking when I can kill you in a gazillion different ways, many which are more effective, safer, or just plain sexier.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
I love stealing people's souls. Every time someone just gives up on trying to mash out, I cry with joy a little on the inside.

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
I love stealing people's souls. Every time someone just gives up on trying to mash out, I cry with joy a little on the inside.
I thought I was the only one.

When you go up against scrub MKs and they just scream out "I cant do anything!". By 3rd grab, they just give up inside, delicious.

LOL

Spiking is like... the least reliable grab finisher.
Fair finishers are the surprise buttsex of the methods to finish, unless its completely telegraphed, or your opponent knows how to get out of it, they wont see it coming and they'll just say "wow" or "wtf"

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Yeah, lulz. Normally I only every try to cg-spike as a way of humouring new players, -because- they don't see it coming and it looks sex. xD

Insetick

Smash Apprentice
I'm curious: if your opponent thinks you're about to fair spike, he'll be DI'ing towards the stage. If you instead fsmash him, will his DI'ing directly towards the stage make him go higher or lower?

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
I'm curious: if your opponent thinks you're about to fair spike, he'll be DI'ing towards the stage. If you instead fsmash him, will his DI'ing directly towards the stage make him go higher or lower?
It actually wont help him much in terms of survival, since di is best when perpendicular.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Although it really won't help at all, technically he should go very slightly higher.

Grimice

Smash Apprentice
They can cg at any % in any way they want and take your soul while they are at it.

its true thats the best part about maining IC'ers after you 0-death your opponent stareing at them and seeing them die a little inside... the stare is required if u want to literally steal there lifeforce and feed on it......

Top Bottom