• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is That Tournament: December 10th, 2011

joeplicate

Smash Master
this was a super awesome tournament

megashoutouts to zachary for being hella ****in good and fast and ****** me. your fox is ********

jeff, every time we play i get closer to beating you, but you still have these moments (usually right before winning) that humble me sooo hard LOL. i definitely have a lot more work to put in before i can beat you, but i can see exactly where my weak spots are whenever we play!!

dajuan thanks for carrying me in teams, marth/fox is really sexy and solid

miles ilu for recording (even though i wish i got some stuff recorded, oh well)

tafo just focus on panicking less, trusting your reactions, and having faith in your move choice. you had me that 2nd game!

alan, you taught me a lot about peach (and you ARE *super fabulous*, after all)

super cool seeing everybody again
eating with ppl was sweet
phil and tofu bringing the old school heat back!!!
brandon i missed you
erick thanks for coming even though you're a *** for not entering
coolkid Y R U SO COOL?! you shoulda entered and ***** everybody. new norcal up-and-comer

<333

PokemonMasterIRL

Smash Master
Joe I was just regretting not recording any of your matches.

Lets smash and get our record on sometime soon in SC. Or rather you have good people over and smash with them and Ill record some sets. (Sheridan, Bobby, Dajuan, etc....)

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
New stage rules for next tournament:

No counterpick stages, just the 5 starter stages that you strike from.
Strike for the first stage.
Modified Dave's Stupid Rule (can't pick any stage you won on unless agreed to)
No bans in bo5 sets.

pewpewyou

Smash Journeyman
One day we're all going to live in a world where the only stage allowed on is random. And the random feature doesn't permit us to go anywhere but to the random stage. Where random things happen.

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
what was the reason behind the new stage rules?
i think it started w/me complaining that i didn't like the rock transformation and wanted to remove stadium from the counter-pick list, which then turned into a stage discussion, which culminated in the above ruleset

edit: as far as all the reasons, i can't really remember at this point-- sheridan prob does but it was your standard stage discussion

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Reasoning is:
It's an experiment.

I also do really want to have that banned-stages side tourney next time we have extra time. Stages rules are striking from:
Green Greens
Corneria
MKII
Termina
Mute City
Yoshi's Island (Pipes)
Onett
Camping rules: no camping

HappySun

Smash Rookie
will there be another tournament in San Jose? me and lord gonna **** if there is =P

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
talked to the store manager earlier today and we won't be able to do another one until the beginning of october. shot tafokints a pm so hopefully he can get something going at his church. also seeing if we can run something at sjsu

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
haha funny

if its oct 1

i'll be in SJ but not for smash!

if its a sunday though i think i could make it :)

Top Bottom