• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is That Tournament: December 10th, 2011

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
Thor carried the **** outta that day.

Thor and Bobbysiege beating Dark Mike.

SFAT

Smash Ace
They are committed to going to a hybrid Melee/Barlw tourney, so it's unlikely that they would come to an ITT.

What was bad about the tourney Zac?
Extreme lack of setups and mad mediocre TO'ing/match reporting.

It's one guy calling matches for like 5 different games.

So slow. Not enough space.
Pretty much that. We had two Melee setups on one table as well. I asked if I could hook up my own setup somewhere, and they said they didn't have enough tables. It was a huge venue, but no tables, or all the tables were used for other games.

EDIT: Oh and, lol, the guy was trying to blame me for not being able to do Teams because "I", the melee community, was too slow at reporting matches.

L__

Smash Master
some guy took over a half hour to report one match. seeing as how we had such few setups, this tournament sucked.

also, meep took like 2 hours to play his first match which held up the tournament even more.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
OK so if we have this **** on the 11th, the Melee part of WA will indeed make it here, so says the one and only Eggz. So let's do it yayaya

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
I don't know which of them are going to Brawl and which are coming here, but my best guess is that at least 3 (including Silent Wolf) are coming.

Also they are looking for housing.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Inquiring minds want to know!

Also, the Washington peeps want to know if Norcal would be down to have this on Sunday the 12th instead.

And they (the Melee people: SilentWolf, C!Z, Kaostar, I think one more that I'm forgetting) are still looking for housing.

MasterShake

Smash Lord
Yes Yes Yes for having it on the 12th.

Please change, please.

Also, there is a small chance I could help their housing situation (as in I don't know yet), but I live about 30 min. from the venue.

Walt

Smash Ace
the 12th would be better for me, bob$ and maybe zelgadis but he was already gonna call in to work for this.

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
no, that date is not confirmed. seems to be some confusion here-- i thought the tournament going on this weekend was going to be in sacramento. i've been eyeing the 18th, but i will try to get in touch w/them this evening.

how many people are we thinking will come if it's a) this short notice b) on a sunday? if it's only going to be 20 or so people in the best case, then the venue fee will need to be bigger

Shroomed

Smash Master
no, that date is not confirmed. seems to be some confusion here-- i thought the tournament going on this weekend was going to be in sacramento. i've been eyeing the 18th, but i will try to get in touch w/them this evening.

how many people are we thinking will come if it's a) this short notice b) on a sunday? if it's only going to be 20 or so people in the best case, then the venue fee will need to be bigger
Hey, if you need to increase the venue fee do it and I'll help out with any money I win if you're taking a significant loss.

But you should do this =)

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
i'll let you guys know as soon as i have confirmation, but lets talk about dates for tournies leading up to genesis. shooting for one the weekend before for sure, other than that idk but i would be down to do one basically the next few weekends if there is interest

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
ok so we can do a tournament this sunday, but they are only open until 7.

we would obv have to alter the schedule to be out that early, though i guess that depends on turnount. something like doubles starting at 11:45 and basically beginning singles immediately after. one double elim singles bracket.

other available dates in june are
6/18 (Saturday)
6/25 (Saturday)
6/26 (Sunday)

edit: i am open to both of these weekends btw. trying to figure out if we can do something the weekend before genesis, but it may have to be on sunday unfortunately

Top Bottom