• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is samus honestly tourney viable?

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
rofl hylian last i heard you quit samus to main ics and game and watch cause samus sucks in tourny.. ADAPT
And how is that not adapting? I adapted to the tournament scene and picked up other characters that I was good with. Also, I played G&W as my first character since 1 week after the game came out in japan. Just because I found him fun to play. I'm sorry if you think it's bad to play to win. And I have used samus at least once in every tournament I have attended. I use her as a counterpick character.

I was practically the first Samus player on these boards that was contributing to the community. Same for G&W and Ice Climbers.

I enjoy playing G&W and IC's more then samus. They are also much better characters then samus. You make it sound like I have less skill for playing someone other then samus? Since when am I forced to stick with one character?

I play to win. I don't have any attachment to any character.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I think that he wants you to adapt with Samus, continue to use her, regardless of any nerfing. Still, it's up to you, Hylian, and no one else to play as whom you wish to play as. If you wish to use Samus at least once in tournaments then you get my respect.

Yuna-Maria

Smash Ace
I think that he wants you to adapt with Samus, continue to use her, regardless of any nerfing. Still, it's up to you, Hylian, and no one else to play as whom you wish to play as. If you wish to use Samus at least once in tournaments then you get my respect.
He doesn't really want(or need) people's respect, I don't think. Hylian plays to win. Samus can't win. Therefore, Hylian doesn't use Samus.

Pi

Smash Hero
It's just like melee. She's not low tier, she's not high tier, but tiers don't mean **** if you're good enough.

Snake and MK take away a lot of what makes her good, but they do that with a lot of people. There's always a way to win, you just gotta work for it more if you are playing Samus.

Yuna-Maria

Smash Ace
It's just like melee. She's not low tier, she's not high tier, but tiers don't mean **** if you're good enough.

Snake and MK take away a lot of what makes her good, but they do that with a lot of people. There's always a way to win, you just gotta work for it more if you are playing Samus.
You are such an idiot.
Tiers are important to high-level play, and if you disagree, then you don't know jack. Samus is one of the worst characters in the game. She's probably second in suckage ONLY to Captain Falcon.

paul1290

Smash Rookie
Second worst only to Captain Falcon?

I think Ganondorf, Yoshi, and Sonic among others are even worse than Samus.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Make that third, possibly fourth. Jigglypuff and Ganondorf have gotten hit with the nerf bat just as hard as Samus has. She still has tactical advantages over other characters (her projectile game, z-air, and her aerial control), but she is a bit hard to use consistently.

My style of play with Samus is just to alternate between charging in guns blazing and distancing myself with homing missiles and the grapple beam. Place bombs at the edges so people don't get too close. That's one of the very few ways to prevent someone from trying to edgeguard Samus. Use the screw attack and the z-air to outprioritize your opponent, and keep them at bay with uncharged shots and homing missiles. Use your u-tilt to hit opponents on platforms above you, and hit them with a d-smash if they're circling you with roll dodging.

Just my way of using her. Feel free to pick it apart and flame me if you think it's incompetent.

Jing)

Smash Apprentice
I dont even know why people think samus cant win a tournament. I beat my friends who use snake marth and fox easily usually only losing like 2 lives in a 4 stock.. and they're decent.. Ill post some vids on here eventually..

Yuna-Maria

Smash Ace
I dont even know why people think samus cant win a tournament. I beat my friends who use snake marth and fox easily usually only losing like 2 lives in a 4 stock.. and they're decent.. Ill post some vids on here eventually..
OMG I BEAT MY FRIENDS SNAKE WITH SAMUS THAT MEANS SHES THE BEST CHARACTER IN THE GAME?
Do you hear yourself?!

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Im saying she doesnt suck like people say and is easily tournament viable. gtfo troll
Right, and thats why she is at the bottom of the tournament results. I love your logic.

Top Bottom