• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is online laggy for everyone?

Gotmilk0112

Smash Apprentice
And I mean laggy in that I can feel a huge delay on every single input, compared to playing offline.

This is pretty much unplayable; everything is horribly laggy. Was perfectly fine in Smash 4, but here there's a glaring difference in input lag between offline and online.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I've actually experienced very little lag. I tend to get small hiccups when I'm playing in handheld mode but nothing too major, and when I play docked with my lan adapter attached everything usually runs pretty smoothly for me.

I don't know why it's so bad for some people.

ddonaldo

Smash Journeyman
Mine is actually perfect as well, don't want to jump the gun but I really do think most of the bad connections are due to people having unstable wi-fi
My wi-fi is sometimes unstable, but when I use LAN, lag is non existant

Lord_Ghirahim

Smash Cadet
My experience has been hit-and-miss, but for the most part it has been decent. Occasionally I will play against someone with a huge input delay and it's unplayable. Just as often I'll play against someone where I can not even feel the delay and it's comparable to melee netplay. The online has actually been better than I expected.

I am sorry to hear your having such a bad time with it :(. Just make sure to follow everyone's advise and only play with a LAN setup, WiFi is terrible. With online gaming there is always gonna be some lag. Best of luck!

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Mine is OK. If you're having trouble, that means either you or your opponent(s) have a bad internet connection.

Top Bottom