• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is melee done?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redknight7

Smash Apprentice
The greatest game ever, Super Smash Bros. Melee, is it really, honestly in a competitive sense done? I mean i was so into it up untill brawl came out. I know there are still touneys toom but i mean is the game done reall? I just feel like there needs to be some monumental event happen, like putting it on xbl arcade and having it playable online or something to totally revive the game. i was just lloking at some video, the good ole days, of mlg smash ans just remmebring how awesome this game really is.

but i guess there wont eba gmae anywhere as good it it untill a total revolution happenends in the gaming wolrd because the only thing that sells is games like gears of war and halo 3, which, in the competitive gaming comunnity, is regaurded as terrible compared to its predisessors

Jonas

Smash Champion
No becasue we still play it.
Anyway, there has been several threads like this, most notably the "How long will Melee last" thread.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Melee doesn't need online to have a successful competitive scene. For example, how often to good brawl players play wifi? probably never or only with friends/to **** around.

We still play the game, there are still tournaments all over the country happening on a weekly basis.

AXE 09

Smash Master
Melee doesn't need online to have a successful competitive scene. For example, how often to good brawl players play wifi? probably never or only with friends/to **** around.

We still play the game, there are still tournaments all over the country happening on a weekly basis.
AND, might i add, the melee scene is still growing =) i keep seeing new players all the time

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
Yeah I'll close this. Melee speaks for itself if you just look at the scene for the past few months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom