• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is marth too easy?

DAVO

Smash Rookie
i remember reading in one of the post that marth is an extremely easy character to use, is this right ? IMO marth is just a normal character , and that the player has to be good to use him well.
Also i heard people said " hes so broken , he can just ken combo you, the moment the first fair hits your dead " i think this is stupid because , first of all , why would you give him an oportunity to srike , and , if you know how to roll or shield grab you can screw the combo.
beside , the ken conbo is not THAT effective , most sex kicks will end it , or am i wrong?

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Well I guess Marth is an amazing character...

He has more things he can abuse than certain other characters I suppose too.

Is he easy to play? Well there isn't like a tech you need to learn that separates him from other characters like how fox needs to waveshine or how ness needs to DJC.

The easiest character to play is probably sheik >_>.

A lot of players play a bad marth so I don't think he is the easiest to play IMO his gameplay demands good spacing for him to excel or for you to play at his best.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
If someone complains about Marth being an easy character to play, challenge them to a ditto.

Nintendo_lord

Smash Journeyman
I totally disagree with those fools who say Marth is easy to play! Marth is too p0wnage for them, so they are just jealous. Actually, I'd say the easiest character to play is Captain Falcon. At least Marth has the SHDF, Captain Falcon really doesn't have any techniques all to himself. Teczero is right, alot of players do have a bad Marth, so he really can't be the worst character. Shiek is high up in the easy to play list, but very other few characters can be said the same for.

KIngGerudo

Smash Lord
I totally disagree with those fools who say Marth is easy to play! Marth is too p0wnage for them, so they are just jealous. Actually, I'd say the easiest character to play is Captain Falcon. At least Marth has the SHDF, Captain Falcon really doesn't have any techniques all to himself. Teczero is right, alot of players do have a bad Marth, so he really can't be the worst character. Shiek is high up in the easy to play list, but very other few characters can be said the same for.
Captain Falcon is NOT the easiest to play as. You have to have great spacing and timing to really be good with him. It all depends on how you play. Some people think its easy to play peach or sheik while others think it would be fox and marth. I can't play sheik at all but I can play a decent marth. It is all preference.

Nintendo_lord

Smash Journeyman
Captain Falcon is NOT the easiest to play as. You have to have great spacing and timing to really be good with him. It all depends on how you play. Some people think its easy to play peach or sheik while others think it would be fox and marth. I can't play sheik at all but I can play a decent marth. It is all preference.
Fox?! The easiest to play?! C'mon, he's probably the hardest to play as competitively.

Velox

Smash Ace
He's laughably easy to play at a high high level...

Players like G-Reg didn't even know they had Marths and their Marths kick ***. Not that that is at all my basis for the argument (no logic in it).

4 Aces

Smash Ace
Marth certainly has the qualities of a good character, so that means that he certainly has the "stuff", unlike Kirby who practically has nothing. The point I'm trying to make is yeah, he has things that give him more of an edge to excel, but that certainly does not mean that he's easy to play though.

It also depends on personal preference and what people are naturally good at. A person who has fast fingers and loves to play really fast may have an easy time picking up Fox (FastLikeTree's Fox is awesome, at least that's my opinion). A person who can space very well may find Marth easy to play.

Spacing is very important to Marth's game. I knew that my Marth wasn't very good at all, but over the past week or two, I have come to the conclusion that my Marth sucks @$*!

Ace83

Smash Journeyman
i didnt read any of these posts but i'm guessing some noob that got beat by a fsmash happy noob one to many times got pissed and made a noob comment.

Miggz

Pancake Sandwiches
Yeah Marth is far from easy to be good with. Not to mention one must master his edge guarding abilities.

As for Fox, no...he is not all that easy. As a Fox player, he was extremely stressful for me to pick up and become solid with. I picked him up like last year May, and I'm NOW starting to do repeated nair/dair waveshine combos. Not to mention I was pretty gifted with Marth, so I guess it makes sense. Obviously now, Fox is becoming second nature to me, as well as Marth. So sometimes, we humans forget how hard it was for our first time. But we are reminded when an inexperienced player challenges a good person to a ditto.

sakuraZaKi

The Ultimate Sore Loser ♡
I'm filling in for my mom at the inn we run~
NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
IMO Shiek is DEFINITELY the easiest character to use.

Lol I played my friends Pichu, which couldn't do much to Marth, but when he used Shiek, he took two stocks off.

He doesn't even use Shiek xD. He just watches Shiek players d-smash and slap. (Which he did)

Cookiez

Smash Ace
At any level of play? At low levels of play almost certainly, though in my experience i've found Sheik to be far easier to manipulate in Medium-Level competetive play. Couldn't comment on high level play, as I have nil experience on that matter.

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
Not just you, you sugary chocolate snack, I'm refering to everyone. Myself included, everyone has their opinion. Threads like this are a waste of time and space, sort of like how most of smashboards is now.

Cookiez

Smash Ace
Well since the Brawl boards came to life, Smashboards has gradually been eroding into a crater of uselessness :p. Tis the reason why I stopped coming here :D. But with the release of Brawl so imminent, I thought as to re-aquaint myself to the community under a different name lolz ^^.

Top Bottom