• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is it possible to tech G&W's dthrow?

imdavid

Smash Journeyman
sorry to put a chromey-eque type question, but is it possible? i cant seem to tech it right and it gets followed up by a dsmash which i can't seem to avoid, its like a sure hit on sheik... any help?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Yes. Press R right before you would hit the ground, sometime during the last part of the dthrow. Remember, you have 20 frames, or 1/3 of a second time window to get a tech.

Well, you did in Melee, anyway.

chckn

Smash Ace
Yes. Press R right before you would hit the ground, sometime during the last part of the dthrow. Remember, you have 20 frames, or 1/3 of a second time window to get a tech.

Well, you did in Melee, anyway.
Much more useful to tech roll, If you just tech most GW will just jab you into another grab or into a fsmash or something

ADHD

Smash Hero
Here is a chromey-eque type answer:

Yes it can be teched and falco's deal with teching it alot, so... you could get help from them.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
You could just do what I do, hold left or right and keep pressing R over and over, usually works for me.
Wow, that actually works? That's gay. I thought you were supposed to have a 40 frame penalty for pressing Shield and missing the opportunity to tech. Or something like that.

slickmasterizzy

Smash Apprentice
the thing that throws people off is people try to "roll" after they hit the ground when in fact you need to roll the MOMENT G&W throws you into the ground.

its not that hard to time if you practice for a bit since regardless of which way he throws you he does his stupid juggle animation. once you can get the timing down (this is wrong but ex. lets say juggle animation takes 1 second THEN i try to tech)

you will dodge it everytime.

Top Bottom