• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

is it just me or is Pit too easy to play as? (not trolling)

zeu5

Smash Rookie
I personally have nothing against Pit he isn't my main, but when I do use him he just owns so easily with little to do from my spacing or mind games. Now before every one calls me a troll I am wondering if there is a big difference in what a top pit does compared to an average joe that could show some real skill maybe looping arrows? I personally use marth another cheap character if I say so my self, but atleast with him you can see the difference of a great marth and a ok marth by the spacing and what moves they do. My secondary how ever is Bowser and I find him a real challenge and a joy to play even though I may not win as much with him.

So I guess what I am trying to say is do you guys ever get bored with pit because he is so easy to use or am I just wierd?:chuckle:

Aminar

Smash Journeyman
Pit has alot of unique AT's that make using him right very hard. A competitve casual will own up with him somewhat well by playing smart, but we have yet to see what a tuly advanced Pit can do. He has a variety of nifty tools like Arrow looping, Wingdashing, Wing renewal(making him the best edge guarder in the game), the possibility of a spike, if timed right(may be impractical, etc make him a possible top tier char later.

kupo15

Smash Hero
i think that when you are talking about natural skill without the ATs with top players, Pit doesn't fair so well. So when you throw in everyones AT's, Pit needs all the help he can get to overcome the other chars because he lacks the natural ease of killing opposed to the ones who are winning tourneys now.
So to answer your question, playing with Pit never gets boring because you need to master the AT's which are tough and rewarding. Pit needs these AT's to get even par with the top tier chars and is the new melee Link in imo

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
n00bs can play Pit to beat other n00bs. But that's it. Once you get to a higher level of play Pit becomes a mix of technical prowess and infinite mindgames. He is crazy amazing in that sense. ^_^

Check out my UndrWorld videos located in the Pit Compendium and my Compilation Videos my thread (or in Palutena's Hall of Fame which is stickied) for visual detail. ^_^

kupo15

Smash Hero
For huge visual detail and crazy mindgames that are useful in movement and style, check the vid in the thread below with Angelic Stepping. That is super hard. I would know....

Namiel

Smash Cadet
Pit needs these AT's to get even par with the top tier chars and is the new melee Link in imo
I love that people keep comparing Pit to Link in Melee because I feel it's pretty true </melee Link main>

I think Pit is an easy character to pick up and do alright with, but difficult to master. Granted, I daresay the same for Marth ;) Pit is a character that is thought to be top tier more by the people who don't play him than do, I find XD He has a lot of good stuff going for him. Some really good stuff. But he has some weaknesses that aren't readily available. I find Pit has greater trouble with characters that outrange him than most others do, anyone who can gimp his air game, even a bit, poses a serious threat. Heavy characters pose a problem because of Pit's KO ***********, but some light weights do to because the fact that they're short make it much harder to land the b-air *coughmetaknightcough*, his best KO move by far.

Like you said, you can tell the difference between a really good Pit and an alright Pit, just like Marths. Kupo and Sagemon are good people to Youtube if ya wanna watch. You should see good wingdashing from Kupo and arrow looping from Sagemon.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
My brother disagrees that Pit is easy to play as. (I decided to show my brother how to Arrow Loop. He was playing as Kirby, and I let him take my ability so that he could learn to Arrow Loop with Kirby.)

I don't know how well I'd fare against UndrDog, Sagemoon, kupo15, or lmnz. T_T (You guys are so awesome with Pit! It's not easy for me to try and perfect two of my favorite characters: Samus and Pit. I wonder sometimes if I am maining both of them.)

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
n00bs can play Pit to beat other n00bs. But that's it. Once you get to a higher level of play Pit becomes a mix of technical prowess and infinite mindgames. He is crazy amazing in that sense. ^_^

Check out my UndrWorld videos located in the Pit Compendium and my Compilation Videos my thread (or in Palutena's Hall of Fame which is stickied) for visual detail. ^_^
yeah, just compare those to my videos and you'll see a difference. :/

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Pit's basic skill is somewhat easy to use. His Adv tech take skill to use, and it would be great to have that in your arsenal. It takes time to learn about all of them since there are so many of them. Sadly, noobs just prefer the common Arrow-spamming camping game, which will punish then when facing an Advanced Pit who has knowledge of some adv tech.

Ryazan

Smash Ace
In my personal experience with Pit, he was pretty easy to pick up. Once I started learning all his techs, it became a much bigger challenge, but I became a phenomenal player once I had mastered some of them. Pit is easy to pick up, and many people can't handle the challenge of mastering him, but boy, is it worth it.

Top Bottom