• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is It Bad that I Usually Only Use ZSS?

Hooblah2u2

Smash Apprentice
When playing with my friends competitively, they tend to use two or three characters. However I just use ZSS when playing legit games. Is this bad? I just can't get over her speed, precision, and overall flow. The only character I use seriously other than ZSS is Lucario, but very rarely.

Should I branch out to other characters so that I have more options when playing serious matches?

solecalibur

Smash Master
Zss should have a secondary to cover her bad MUs but very little players actually can make it with more then one character (side from the MK pocket)

edit - try the questions and answers next time

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
meh not like we have active threads out the ***

honestly, if you're good enough pocket falcos shouldn't be a problem for you, and he's our worst matchup. I don't think your average ZSS main needs a secondary unless you're looking at regional level with a good falco in the area. We aren't easily CPed basically, they have to actually be very proficient in our bad matchups for us to feel it hard

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Well, she's the only character in the game worth playing, so I would say it's wise that you only use her.

Adapt

Smash Lord
I only use ZSS.

My other decent character is Zelda and she's strictly worse in all instances. (but has some nice surprise value)

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Personally, i dont find it a problem. I try to pick up secondaries...but i rarely use them, even though there are a few falcos in the area (who usually kill me). Solo ZSS is fun.

solecalibur

Smash Master
Im trying to pick up a secondary but you also have to devote time to working on them which is away time from zss =(

solecalibur

Smash Master
Im still undecided about all my 2ndarys ... just text me, you dont have to lurk zss boards lol

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Im trying to pick up a secondary but you also have to devote time to working on them which is away time from zss =(
the other problem with seconds is using them in bracket...which one wouldnt really feel inclined to do anyway if they love their main to begin with

Zero

Smash Hero
I can't play the game without using ZSS. I've been trying to pick up a secondary for the better part of a year, but I just can't pick it up. ZSS ba dess

Zero

Smash Hero
No point, Wolf doesn't cover any of ZSS bad matchups. Pikachu or MK are the only worthwhile secondaries for a ZSS main. Or IC I guess, but IC bad

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Falco covers ZSS' bad mu's. Well, safe for the ditto, but if you main 2 characters and wish to cover each other, you'll have to ditto eventually anyways. It's like IC+D3, they cover each other, but if there's another IC you have to ditto.

Too bad Falco and ZSS are like day and night, and way to hard to play both at top level.

D

Deleted member

No point, Wolf doesn't cover any of ZSS bad matchups.
Just going by what you currently have listed in the MU thread, but if you have trouble with Diddy, Wolf isn't a bad way to go. Also, platform camp until after 30% and Wolf isn't bad against Falco either.

Deathfox30

Smash Journeyman
I don't think Peach is too bad of a secondary... She does pretty well against Diddy and the Falco MU isn't THAT bad. :3 The only problem I have is ****ing Snake between the two of them. **** Snake **** F tilt :(

solecalibur

Smash Master
I don't think Peach is too bad of a secondary... She does pretty well against Diddy and the Falco MU isn't THAT bad. :3 The only problem I have is ****ing Snake between the two of them. **** Snake **** F tilt :(
Peach loses snake and falco hard imo , Either that or not many Peaches have stepped there game up to prove peach wins those MUs but im not discussing this any further, as fear of the orange text'd troll

Top Bottom