• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is Fox strictly better than Sonic?

§witch

Smash Lord
Very true, I'm not disputing sonic's difficulty of use, but fox isn't an easy character to use either, here is my explanation for sonics high amount of use, vs fox's low amount of use. Fox was the best in melee, brawl comes out, people try him, are disappointed, and drop him, as ******** as that is, we've got quite a few threads like that. Sonic is a popular charcater and new, people try him out, get used to his play style, and move on from there. Anyways, we really aren't getting anywhere at this point, neither me nor you is giving any ground either way, and neither of us have any solid proof other than what we beleive we know.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Very true, I'm not disputing sonic's difficulty of use, but fox isn't an easy character to use either, here is my explanation for sonics high amount of use, vs fox's low amount of use. Fox was the best in melee, brawl comes out, people try him, are disappointed, and drop him, as ******** as that is, we've got quite a few threads like that. Sonic is a popular charcater and new, people try him out, get used to his play style, and move on from there. Anyways, we really aren't getting anywhere at this point, neither me nor you is giving any ground either way, and neither of us have any solid proof other than what we beleive we know.
Agreed. Not like it matters anyways. The tier list is out and Sonic's 5 above bottom. Mario's below Ness and Lucas for no good reason. Your arguments did enlighten me whether I showed it or not, and I appreciate the intelligent discussion as opposed to the first few posts of "Fox > Sonic. He's cooler".

§witch

Smash Lord
Agreed. Not like it matters anyways. The tier list is out and Sonic's 5 above bottom. Mario's below Ness and Lucas for no good reason. Your arguments did enlighten me whether I showed it or not, and I appreciate the intelligent discussion as opposed to the first few posts of "Fox > Sonic. He's cooler".
Aye, very true, nothing to back up your claims leaves a little something to be desired.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
He's mid, I think that's fair :p Hey, Link's second to worst, but you don't see me complaining. Much.
Sakurai screwed CF and Link for no good reason. Link's real solid, but with a horrid recovery. Why make something average, worse? Especially in a game where a quarter of the roster can practically fly.

Link didn't deserve that. Even with his nerfs tho, he's definitely not second worst.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
I am very surprised with Link and Sonic's placement. Its rather...stretched to palce them there IMO.

Sonic also has one of the highest learning curves in the game hence when people pick him up, he is dropped quickly. Which is why in Tournaments he is unpopular.

Top Bottom