• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is Bayo still busted?

Monollock

Smash Rookie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2GUFfeqG5M

Bayonetta seems to have got the shiek treatment, they can get damage but can't kill. I think that's the best way to do bayonetta since that'd maintain her play-style and combo fun, but even her combo game seems to be worse, which I think is a step too far.

Monollock

Smash Rookie
I will continue to ban Bayonetta when playing with friends until she is balanced. After seeing that Bayo vs Ridley clip, she still seems busted.
That time is effectively over, look at the Bayo Mario game, it takes her ages to kill. There's a Donkey Kong V Bayo on the same channel and she wasn't able to get the kill till 200 each time

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
That time is effectively over, look at the Bayo Mario game, it takes her ages to kill. There's a Donkey Kong V Bayo on the same channel and she wasn't able to get the kill till 200 each time
After watching that video, I will admit, she seems a little more balanced than she used to. It's a step in the right direction, and maybe a few small nerfs will make me unban her.

Monollock

Smash Rookie
After watching that video, I will admit, she seems a little more balanced than she used to. It's a step in the right direction, and maybe a few small nerfs will make me unban her.
There anything specific you can point to? Cause it feels like how she is right now is fine, needs damage, good at getting damage, combo game turned down a little

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I’ll wait until the game is out to know if I should still fear Bayonetta...especially as a :ultpit: main

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
Outside of her ridiculous recovery, the only other thing I'm concerned about with her, is the increase of the game's speed. With Bayonetta being a fast combo fighter, this increase indirectly benefits her. I like what I'm seeing so far with nerfs, and it's a step in the right direction for a healthy meta.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Did you really just say you ban a character in friendlies? Like, you step in and try to dictate what characters should be available in a non-serious environment?
:196:

blackghost

Smash Champion
Did you really just say you ban a character in friendlies? Like, you step in and try to dictate what characters should be available in a non-serious environment?
god bless the smash community. injustice 2is about to have a competitive gear tournament and this is where we are...

Monollock

Smash Rookie
god bless the smash community. injustice 2is about to have a competitive gear tournament and this is where we are...
:l You go to a character discussion about a game that isn't out yet, and you'd expect people to be talking about some other game? Come on man, especially the god awful campfest that is Injustice 2

blackghost

Smash Champion
:l You go to a character discussion about a game that isn't out yet, and you'd expect people to be talking about some other game? Come on man, especially the god awful campfest that is Injustice 2
its called a comparison. and it perfectly demonstrates the difference between smash 4 and injustice 2 communities.

Gemba Board

Smash Apprentice
Bayo seems to still be quite degenerate. The nerfs, as previously stated before, are reminiscent of sheik nerfs. So here's the thing, with less damage and knockback, a lot of her previously true combos are likely now going to be frame traps.. This is better interaction between players than 'oops i got hit and will probably die for it'. The defender can make reads to avoid the traps altogether and keep the stock. Bayo needs to work for that. Also, the WT and ABK combos don't kill so early. These will likely only be used for damage 0-50s%. Bayo won't start looking to confirm into a kill until around 60%. Until then, winning neutral early % doesn't mean death like it does in smash 4.
With all of this in addition to the witch time/bats within nerfs, the bayo player will need to invest more into neutral since they need to win there several times each stock as opposed to a few times per stock. I really like the character, I hope she is playable and degenerate at the same time but not so broken.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Bayonetta was always good, but never touch-of-death good, people like to exaggerate that because 90% of players never learned how to deal with her and how DI/SDI truly worked against her.
BUT ANYWAY.

Ultimate is looking like it will heavily revolve around pushing your advantaged state and juggling/punishing landings, with the airdodge changes making a nightmare to be in a bad position, and offstage being a death sentence.
Bayonetta will clearly take huge advantages from this, but with her neutral tools nerfed and guaranteed combos tweaked, her meta and general strategy will be very different from her Smash 4 self.

THE TemporaryFool

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4355-9441-8851
Bayonetta was always good, but never touch-of-death good, people like to exaggerate that because 90% of players never learned how to deal with her and how DI/SDI truly worked against her.
BUT ANYWAY.

Ultimate is looking like it will heavily revolve around pushing your advantaged state and juggling/punishing landings, with the airdodge changes making a nightmare to be in a bad position, and offstage being a death sentence.
Bayonetta will clearly take huge advantages from this, but with her neutral tools nerfed and guaranteed combos tweaked, her meta and general strategy will be very different from her Smash 4 self.
To be fair, not everyone has the skill of a top-level tourney player. Sure there are lazy bums who don’t care. But some don’t have the skill or talent for that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom