• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ireland & Northern Ireland Thread!

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Depends what happens in the patch:
* Marth/Roy get nerfed: old patch
* Sheik/Ness/Rosalina get nerfed: new patch
* Zelda gets nerfed/removed: new patch, because nobody should have to deal with such brokenness like Din's Fire spam

Actual answer: it's probably easier on people bringing setups to use the new patch, since the update is required for online play, and replays saved at the tournament for later recording won't get broken (and people won't have to hold off on updating for however many days waiting to get the replays recorded).

That said my internet sucks, so depending on when exactly the update is released, I might not be able to update until Saturday morning (so I can either hope the hotel wi-fi is quick, use my phone as a hotspot, or just use my console only for friendlies).

MagiMagi

Smash Cadet
NNID
SolidSnake01
Damn, now I probably can't just use OP Sheik and do well using only fair.

Lultam

Smash Cadet
For all the Smashboards peeps with no FB, we're having a meet for PM, Melee and Smash 4 this coming Monday at the XGC in Dublin.

5 quid for the venue fee, starting at noon till 10pm.

Address: Extreme Gaming Center 30-31 Liffey Street Lower, Dublin, Ireland Dublin 1

Last edited:

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
For all the Smashboards peeps with no FB, we're having a meet for PM, Melee and Smash 4 this coming Monday at the XGC in Dublin.

Address: Extreme Gaming Center 30-31 Liffey Street Lower, Dublin, Ireland Dublin 1
I might actually go to this one! ...maybe.

edit: probably going. looked up liffey street and its a 5 min walk from my apartment lmao.

Last edited:

Skarfelt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Skarfelt
Aw shucks, you're too kind.

Realistically, I'm gonna lab everything today when EOE gets here and see what I can work with. I'll probably not enter Smash 4 to focus on TO'ing/streaming etc.

noahk777

Smash Journeyman
NNID
noahgk

Hey, by noon, do you mean that we are able to start getting ready at noon, or that the tournament actually starts at noon? And are the PM, Melee and Sm4sh all on at the same time? If so, when does the Sm4sh happen and end?

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
Also another question, the 5 quids will cover entries for all tourneys right? looking to enter all 3

And should I bring a wiiu? can't bring an hdtv however.

Last edited:

Lultam

Smash Cadet
I might actually go to this one! ...maybe.

edit: probably going. looked up liffey street and its a 5 min walk from my apartment lmao.
Sweet, yeah it's like 5 mins walk from O'Connell Street, I'd be impressed if you got lost on the way and not the good kind of impressed.

Hey, by noon, do you mean that we are able to start getting ready at noon, or that the tournament actually starts at noon? And are the PM, Melee and Sm4sh all on at the same time? If so, when does the Sm4sh happen and end?
So the plan for the games atm are 1pm Melee, 1pm Smash 4 and 4pm PM. That could change a little but PM and Melee won't be on at the same time because I doubt we'll have enough set ups. Friendlies will start from 12 noon, I personally won't be there till 12:30 I think but Mike (if you him) should be there around 12.

No idea on how long Smash 4 will be on for tourney wise, the last time we tried to do brackets it was a bit of a cluster****, with lack of internet and laptops dying mid way thru a Challonge bracket, but I'm prepared this time so it should be a lot smoother. Either way friendlies lasted a good bit after tournies and a lot of the lads had 3v3 and I think 4v4 games going too.

Also another question, the 5 quids will cover entries for all tourneys right? looking to enter all 3

And should I bring a wiiu? can't bring an hdtv however.
So the tournies are entirely free atm until we're confident we can run things smoothly no prizes for placing atm either tho :/ 5 euro is just for the venue fee, I'll be collecting that around like 3pm or so. We don't need any TVs as the XGC has like 40 upstairs, though they are kinda crappy for playing Melee and PM. Not sure how they are for Smash 4 cos I don't really play it. You're good for entering all three, looking forward to playing you dude!

Also if anyone can bring their set ups please gimme a heads up, we were kinda short the last day.

snook

Smash Apprentice
I might come up for that thing on Monday for the friendlies :O
Probably would have to leave before the tournaments end though.

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
Sweet, yeah it's like 5 mins walk from O'Connell Street, I'd be impressed if you got lost on the way and not the good kind of impressed.
Yeah no, I think I got it LOL, looked it up on google maps and it doesn't sound tricky to get to

I can definitely bring a set up tho, wiiu w/ a disc plus adapter and a spare controller even. what's not definite is me going to the event because I arrive in dublin the night before so yeah.

Lultam

Smash Cadet
Yeah, do man! Like I said I dunno how long the tournies will last for cos of how much of a hames we made the last time but in theory it shouldn't be more than 3-4 hours per game then friendlies for as long as people wanna hang out until. The fiver covers us till 10pm so we're good to do whatever till then.

@ ArikadoSD ArikadoSD Hey man, no johns... Lol ya cool if you can come great, if not there's always next time

Last edited:

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
What happened last time lmao? you keep mentioning last time.

noahk777

Smash Journeyman
NNID
noahgk
Okay, @ Lultam Lultam , me and my brother (Who dosen't have Smashboards.) are definetly coming for Smash 4!Though, also, whats the ruleset? And can I customize my controls? (I need my weird Gamecube control setup.) Also, are customs allowed? (Pls no) are Miis allowed (Pls yes) and is the DLC characters/stages allowed? (Pls yes.)

EndlessRain

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheBlindMan
3DS FC
1693-1682-5689
You can customise controls, DLC characters are legal, the two new stages are being debated atm but DL64 is allowed, no customs, Miis are legal.

Ruleset is 2 stock 6min, Bo3 until Top 8.

Starters:
  • Battlefield
  • Final Destination
  • Smashville
  • Town & City
  • Dream Land 64
Counterpicks:
  • Lylat Cruise
  • Duck Hunt
Striking is 1-2-1.

Skarfelt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Skarfelt
Thank you to everyone who came to Breaking Boundaries! I hope you all enjoyed it. Recordings are very volatile but I'll upload any I still have. I apologise for the stream quality - my first time doing it and it wasn't the best, unfortunately.

Total signups: 36

MELEE RESULTS
http://smashbrosirl.challonge.com/BB1Melee
1. Mint :foxmelee:
2. Way :falcomelee:/:foxmelee:
3. Craft :falcomelee:
4. Skarfelt :foxmelee:
5. maXy :sheikmelee:/:jigglypuffmelee:
5. MagiMagi :falcomelee:
7. RyanEvi :foxmelee:
7. Adam Aplz :luigimelee:

PM RESULTS
http://smashbrosirl.challonge.com/BB1PM
1. Mint :snake::fox:
2. Way :zerosuitsamus:
3. maXy :zelda:/:sheik:
4. Skarfelt :ike:
5. Craft :falcon:/:fox:
5. Adam Aplz :kirby2:
7. AZ :marth:/:sheik:/:zelda:
7. MiKenyan :link2:

SMASH 4 SINGLES RESULTS
http://smashbrosirl.challonge.com/BB1Sm4shS
1. EOE :4peach:
2. Mint :4wario2:
3. maXy :4zelda:
4. Skarfelt :4fox:
5. Adam Aplz :4pit:
5. Way :4yoshi:
7. S00N :4sheik:/:4falcon:
7. MiKenyan :4megaman:

SMASH 4 DOUBLES RESULTS
http://smashbrosirl.challonge.com/BB1Sm4shD
1. maXy and EOE :4zelda: and :4peach:
2. Mint and Way :4wario2: and :4wario2: 20WAHWAH
3. Lythero and Wergle :4link: and :4luigi: + DOUBLE DORF BOYZZZ
4. MiKenyan and Ragnarekt :4megaman: and :4link: + DOUBLE DORF BOYZZZ
5. Adam Aplz and Craft :4pit: and :4falcon:
5. Skarfelt and Toadee :4sheik: and :4diddy:
7. Blue Persil and SebastianPhoton :4sonic: and :4feroy:
7. Zora and Screenshot :4pikachu: and :4kirby:

ULTRA STREET FIGHTER IV RESULTS
http://smashbrosirl.challonge.com/BB1USF4
1. MiKenyan (Cody)
2. Lee (Evil Ryu)
3. Lythero (Cammy)
4. SparkleFloofieFoxy (Dudley)
5. Wax Hollow (Gen)
5. MCDMars (???)
7. Sarcastits (???)
7. ATMDaz (???)

Last edited:

Skarfelt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Skarfelt
AUGUST IRELAND POWER RANKINGS

tl;dr http://imgur.com/a/NQfJz

~MELEE~
1. Mint (±0)
2. Way (±0)
3. Averruncus (±0)
4. CRAFT (±0)
5. KhanYe East (±0)
6. maXy (±0)
7. Skarfelt (+4 from Mentions)
8. Antoine (-1)
9. Zeruko (+1)
10. RyanEvi (+1 from Mentions)
Adam Aplz (New entry)
AZ (±0)
Lultam (±0)
MagiMagi (New entry)
ODG (±0)
Toadee (±0)

~PM~
1. Mint (±0)
2. Way (±0)
3. KhanYe East (±0)
4. Averruncus (±0)
5. maXy (+5)
6. Skarfelt (+5 from Mentions)
7. CRAFT (±0)
8. Zeruko (±0)
9. Adam Aplz (New entry)
10. MiKenyan (+1 from Mentions)
AZ (New entry)
Henriflame (-2 from main)
RyanEvi (±0)
SADX (±0)

~SMASH 4~
1. EOE (+1)
2. Mint (-1)
3. maXy (+1)
4. Skarfelt (-1)
5. Arikado (±0)
6. Adam Aplz (±0)
7. Zangrief (±0)
8. Way (±0)
9. S00N (+1)
10. MiKenyan (-1)
Berra (±0)
Blue_Persil (±0)
Hackle_Serpent (±0)
Lythero (±0)
MagiMagi (New entry)
Snook

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I've been starting to keep an eye on the Irish Smash scene a bit more, thanks to the Smash Ireland Facebook. I'm enjoying the sets I've been watching.

Anyone know of any upcoming events near the Meath area that I should keep an eye on? I may consider entering something soon, since my finances are sorted at this stage. Now it's only matter of finding some time for it.

Diamond Zero

Smash Cadet
I've been starting to keep an eye on the Irish Smash scene a bit more, thanks to the Smash Ireland Facebook. I'm enjoying the sets I've been watching.

Anyone know of any upcoming events near the Meath area that I should keep an eye on? I may consider entering something soon, since my finances are sorted at this stage. Now it's only matter of finding some time for it.
Celtic Throwdown is happening in Dublin on the 5th-6th. It features Smash 4 as one of the main games with Smash 4 doubles and Project M as side events. Aside from that, there's no events near Meath :/

snook

Smash Apprentice
Didn't realise there was doubles too :V, totally down for that and hey only a month left, can't wait :)

NoviceSmasher

Smash Journeyman
NNID
akeane1697
3DS FC
3668-8892-8828

Where in meath you in?? ( im 17 and in dunshaughlin

Last edited:

Diamond Zero

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, videos from the local at the TGT in Belfast have been uploaded here. Please excuse the jarring red square :p I promise we'll have some form of commentary in the future.

toadee

Smash Cadet
ayy so ireland is looking pretty good for events right now!

CT qualifier 22nd august
CT 5-6th september
Newry event possibly on 12th september

AND more TGT Belfast locals to come according to dean

i really hope this keeps up, especially the regular locals ;)

NoviceSmasher

Smash Journeyman
NNID
akeane1697
3DS FC
3668-8892-8828
I know its kind of random but I was thinking of starting a splatoon squad anyone interested??? ?

snook

Smash Apprentice
Lol I wouldn't mind but I've got awful Internet so I'd probably only be a burden.

That game is actually really fun though.

noahk777

Smash Journeyman
NNID
noahgk
I know its kind of random but I was thinking of starting a splatoon squad anyone interested??? ?
Y'know Squidboards is a thing right? Post this there. Its run by the same team as Smashboards, works pretty much the same, and has a whole section dedicated to setting up squads. Maybe Ireland can get some Splatoon scene up. (:

Top Bottom