• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ireland & Northern Ireland Thread!

noahk777

Smash Journeyman
NNID
noahgk
Hmm maybe the event is set to private invite only by accident, he did invite 407 people and I got an invite despite having never been to an event so maybe he passed over your name by accident? Are you on the smash ireland facebook group?
It's only open to people in Smash Ireland I believe, asumed everyone here had joined:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SmashIreland/?fref=ts

Basically, opens at 12, closes at 23:15, 20 euro deposit that you get back to take a screen out and 2.50 euro an hour to stay in the place (although some people weren't charged last time apparently? idk). So yeah basically turn up and I'd imagine we'll start a bracket when there's enough people. Friendlies will be there throughout the whole day anyway. If you bring your setups everything goes smoother.
OK thanks. I don't have Facebook (I'v been trying to get it for a while, but for some reason it keeps not letting me get it.) so I won't see it. Thanks.

snook

Smash Apprentice
Tried that SmashIreland link and it doesn't seem to work for me, thought I should join it so I could stay a bit more up to date on things rather than only checking this thread out.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Yeah, I signed up on FB about a month ago solely to access the Smash Ireland group. Would have preferred not to, but apparently the FB group is where everyone is at these days, so I didn't have much of a choice. :/

Valentttine

Still learning but we getting there
Well it's worth it if you saw what's on the smash ireland page today, Eikleman (victim of EZ monayyyyy) is coming over to the uk and wants to visit breaking the border, newry and dublin on his trip while he's around. He posted on the XGC weekly event page too saying he needs to come out to one of them. One of my mates has decided he's gonna work on honing his Ganon for the next month so he can disrespect Eikleman in honor of Bizarro Flame lol

Skarfelt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Skarfelt
I don't think he's gona end up coming to Breaking Boundaries due to $$$ but any events with him over there would be amazing! Professor Pro at Newry, Eikleman in August, we're so spoiled :3

Valentttine

Still learning but we getting there
I don't think he's gona end up coming to Breaking Boundaries due to $$$ but any events with him over there would be amazing! Professor Pro at Newry, Eikleman in August, we're so spoiled :3
It's exciting for the Irish scene, looks like I picked a good time to get involved!

Skarfelt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Skarfelt
Thanks to everyone who came to the weekly today. Our very own @evmaxy54 won Melee and Smash 4 (despite my better efforts in grand finals...) so gratz to him. Looking strong coming into these key upcoming weekends!

18th July - Newry Hosts Super Smash Bros - Melee/PM - Newry
http://smashboards.com/threads/jul-...ros-ft-professor-pro-northern-ireland.404311/
https://www.facebook.com/events/454487934710683/
Probably the biggest Melee/PM event of the Summer, Newry has attracted every single top Irish player along with the dominant Professor Pro from England!

25th July - Road 2 Celtic Throwdown Dublin - Smash 4 - Dublin
https://www.facebook.com/events/781066138674070/?fref=ts
I'm afraid there isn't a page off FB with this one so I'll explain the format here. Celtic Throwdown is the biggest Irish Smash 4 event of the year and this is one of the four "Road 2" events to gather seeding points and hype for it. USF4, Tekken and MKX will all also be there. The event takes place at the XGC. Not 100% sure when it starts yet so I'll update when I know the time. The northern invasion of Throwdown begins with this event - myself, maXy and EOE are all confirmed to be coming so far >=]

1st August - Breaking Boundaries - Melee/PM/Sm4sh Singles/Sm4sh Doubles - Enniskillen
http://smashboards.com/threads/aug-1-2015-breaking-boundaries-enniskillen.405307/
https://www.facebook.com/events/1572101863050570/?fref=ts
And finally we arrive at the last event in the three week chain, Breaking Boundaries. It's not really a build up to anything, nor does it have huge names - it just has all the games in one great venue.

Also, in running with the whole grassrooty nature of Smash, if you guys show support to DiamondZero with Newry and myself with Breaking Boundaries, more tournaments will pop up in the future with more games, times, better schedules/venues and whatever else. Basically, show interest in the tournaments and they get bigger and more convenient for everyone. =]

Last edited:

Skarfelt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Skarfelt
Power Rankings for July 12th
tldr: http://imgur.com/a/tw1i2

Honourable Mentions are players with either too few results, too inconsistent results or just generally hard to place but are still a threat.

Melee
Graphic: http://i.imgur.com/c4xQu2P.png
1. Mint :foxmelee:/:falcomelee:
2. Way :falcomelee:/:foxmelee:
3. Averruncus :sheikmelee:
4. CRAFT :falcomelee:/:foxmelee:
5. KhanYe East :falcomelee:
6. @evmaxy54 :jigglypuffmelee:/:sheikmelee:
7. Antoine :falcomelee:/:falconmelee:
8. @EsperBoss :falconmelee:
9. Magnu :marthmelee:/:peachmelee:
10. Zeruko :falconmelee:

Honourable Mentions
AZ :marthmelee:
@Lultam :marthmelee:
ODG :peachmelee:
@RyanEvi :falcomelee:/:foxmelee:
@ Skarfelt Skarfelt :falcomelee:/:foxmelee:
@ toadee toadee :falcomelee:/:sheikmelee:

PM
Graphic: http://i.imgur.com/udjFd0f.png
1. Mint :fox:/:falco:
2. Way :zerosuitsamus:
3. KhanYe East :lucario:
4. Averruncus :sheik:
5. Magnu :ganondorf:
6. @EsperBoss :zerosuitsamus:
7. CRAFT :falcon:
8. Zeruko :falcon:
9. henriflame :ness2:
10. @evmaxy54 :zelda:

Honourable Mentions
@ Diamond Zero Diamond Zero :samus2:
Johnst :marth:
@TheMikenyan :link2:
@RyanEvi :sonic:
SADX :ganondorf:
Skarfelt :ike:

Sm4sh
Graphic: http://i.imgur.com/m9enpPa.png
1. Mint :rosalina:/:4luigi:
2. @EOE :4peach:
3. @ Skarfelt Skarfelt :4fox:
4. @evmaxy54 :4zelda:/:4miisword:
5. @ ArikadoSD ArikadoSD :4sheik:
6. @adam aplz :4pit:
7. @Zangrief :4ness:/:4falcon:
8. Way :4yoshi:
9. @TheMikenyan :4megaman:
10. S00N (was known as Purple Toaster) :4falcon:/:4sheik:

Honourable Mentions
These players either have too few results are too close to accurately place but still pose a threat.
@Krazy Koopa *:4bowser:
Berra :4falcon:
Blue Persil :4sonic:
Hackle Serpent :4mewtwo:/:4littlemac:/:4drmario:/:4mario:/:4link:/Everyone
@Lythero :4link:
@RyanEvi :4falco:
@ snook snook :4falcon:
*Koopa's actually amazing at this game and realistically should be much higher but he also doesn't enter tournaments.

Last edited:

snook

Smash Apprentice
That's a nice surprise, glad to get some recognition :D.

I think I'll try to make it to more events now but it's quite hard when I have to get back home usually on the same day.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Few questions on Road to Celtic Throwdown in Dublin next week, because the event page and website explain nothing:
- Any idea of rough start and finish times, for organising buses and trains?
- Which is closer to the venue, Connolly or Heuston?
- Will the DLC fighters and stages be available?

Diamond Zero

Smash Cadet
A big thank you to all of those who attended Newry yesterday! Shout outs to Professor Pro for coming out to wee Northern Ireland. Like us on Facebook (Guard Breaker) and follow us on twitter @GuardBreaker. Any and all feedback is appreciated. Results are as follows;

Project M; http://challonge.com/1wgflhpw
Supreme Champion: VwS | Professor Pro
Worthy Adversary: Mint
Maybe Next Time: Way
4th place:
Skarfelt
5th place tie:
Entropy
maXy
7th place tie:
MiKenyan
Adam Aplz

Melee; http://challonge.com/xtk7sqx7
Supreme Champion: VwS | Professor Pro
Worthy Adversary: Mint
Maybe Next Time: Way
4th place:
Craft
5th place tie:
Zeruko
Skarfelt
7th place tie:
maXy
Lultam

I have videos going up tomorrow. I will post the link to playlists ASAP.

Skarfelt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Skarfelt
tfw not free in melee/pm

Thanks to DiamondZero for running it again! Brilliant venue and games, everything looked super professional and I had a great time =]

Few questions on Road to Celtic Throwdown in Dublin next week, because the event page and website explain nothing:
I'd ask @TheMikenyan for confirmation and idk about the first two questions but I believe DLC fighters/stages are fine. I wan say the stagelist is BF/FD/SV/T&C/DL Starters, DH/LC CounterPicks. I'll check with the TO about travel and the time it starts.

EndlessRain

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheBlindMan
3DS FC
1693-1682-5689
ProfPro wins everything, Mint gets second, Way gets third. At least it's a change from Mint wins everything, Way gets second?

Jokes aside, congrats everyone, wish I coulda been there. Looking forward to seeing the videos though.

bpjk27

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4012-4965-4738
Connolly is closer to the XGC.

At R2CT Cork DLC fighters and stages were legal and I think the stage list was the one Skarfelt mentioned above. I assume it will be the same for Dublin.

Edit: Heuston isn't too far from the XGC though. I think you can get the Luas from Heuston into town.

Last edited:

snook

Smash Apprentice
Hoping it's leaning more the 1 time as I'll probably only get in at 12 then gotta find the place.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Well, seems I've finally found my people!

I live in County Meath. I haven't ever entered a tournament yet, but people have been recommending me to, they reckon my Rosalina play holds up. I can't say I'll be entering any soon, since money is factor and I'm still job hunting, but hopefully late this year/early next year, I should be able to get out there! Until then I'll just keep practicing. And I'd love to meet some Irish Smashers, since playing online only does so much for me. :p

Last edited:

snook

Smash Apprentice
When you get the chance definately come out to one, friendly people, nice atmosphere, and good experience overall :).
Also you think online is the worst? Try only being able to practice with lvl 9 computers lol. (though online can be jarring.)

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Hey, EOE played pretty much just solo and labbed with Peach for centuries to git gud, y'all can do something similar =P
That's pretty much what I'm doing with Rosalina right now. Just yesterday I think I discovered some new tech for her (or at least unique applications of an existing tech all characters can use, but only Rosalina gets this extra application) that I am considering making a video about. Just need to get to recording matches of me putting it to use to prove it's versatility before I make a video talking about it.

Last edited:

NoviceSmasher

Smash Journeyman
NNID
akeane1697
3DS FC
3668-8892-8828
That's pretty much what I'm doing with Rosalina right now. Just yesterday I think I discovered some new tech for her (or at least unique applications of an existing tech all characters can use, but only Rosalina gets this extra application) that I am considering making a video about. Just need to get to recording matches of me putting it to use to prove it's versatility before I make a video talking about it.
I also live in meath.

snook

Smash Apprentice
Haha good luck Arikado, you've got some obstacles to overcome though! (looking at skarfelt, EOE, Mint)

Actually excited to see how you guys play, hope I can compete :p.

Last edited:

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
Haha good luck Arikado, you've got some obstacles to overcome though! (looking at skarfelt, EOE, Mint)

Actually excited to see how you guys play, hope I can compete :p.
@ Skarfelt Skarfelt is hardly an obstacle :3

Last edited:

Skarfelt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Skarfelt
Funny, you didn't say that at any of the events I've outplaced you at

Oh wait that's all (...two) of them

:3

Realistically, it should probably be clarified that the "titans" of Irish Smash 4 are like Mint, EOE, myself, maXy, Arikado and Adam Aplz - I haven't played Adam yet but I've heard nothing but great things and tight games. There's also Zangrief but he lives in London so it's harder to gauge that. I felt bad being lumped as one of the "top players" at the last XGC while maXy was ignored due to his lesser interactions with our online community or whatever, him and Arikado are definitely as good if not better than me. Not sure about Adam yet but he's probably as good too. The top Irish playres are all extremely close in skill and anyone can take basically any tournament - a lot of it I'd imagine comes down to player matchups and how everyone feels on the day. Mint's brother, Way, is extremely good but struggles an unbelievable amount against maXy for whatever reason. maXy generally struggles against EOE and so on.

So yeah basically Ireland is actually really strong. I don't think Dublin this weekend will be very stacked, though - Mike and S00N/Purple Toaster are both very strong but I can't see them beating any of me/EOE/maXy. I'd imagine we'll be top three at any rate... although I have an amazing john in that I left my controller at maXy's house last Friday and haven't played Smash 4 since last XGC so if I lose that's what happened :^)

I mean all that said I would love it if some new talent popped up that I haven't seen yet at Dublin. Looking forward to playing Snook, Formaldehyde and Moydow. Also interested in seeing how Hackle does at his first (afaik) proper Smash 4 tourney.

uh yeah saturday will be hype ramble over k

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
I haven't been really active due to not being in dublin atm but I'm going back on the 1st of August and ya'all should expect me at every XGC event that happens after the 12th/14th (cuz I have an exam at that date lol), R2CT Belfast, and Celtic Throwdown until any further notice.

Last edited:

Skarfelt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Skarfelt
get the bus up to breaking boundaries the same day **** your exam amirite

Most of the Melee/PM scene is away on the 15th at Heir so you could pobably use the XGC almost entirely for your own Smash 4 meetup. I don't think there's anything planned for the 29th but some of the Melee guys were talking about doing a thing for Eikleman.

Oh, I'm going to be in Dublin a few days before CT so you gotta come play with me Arikado. Gotta practice for our Grand Final set like

NoviceSmasher

Smash Journeyman
NNID
akeane1697
3DS FC
3668-8892-8828
get the bus up to breaking boundaries the same day **** your exam amirite

Most of the Melee/PM scene is away on the 15th at Heir so you could pobably use the XGC almost entirely for your own Smash 4 meetup. I don't think there's anything planned for the 29th but some of the Melee guys were talking about doing a thing for Eikleman.

Oh, I'm going to be in Dublin a few days before CT so you gotta come play with me Arikado. Gotta practice for our Grand Final set like
WHEN YOU GONNA PLAY ME ON ANTHERS!!!???

NoviceSmasher

Smash Journeyman
NNID
akeane1697
3DS FC
3668-8892-8828
I haven't been really active due to not being in dublin atm but I'm going back on the 1st of August and ya'all should expect me at every XGC event that happens after the 12th/14th (cuz I have an exam at that date lol), R2CT Belfast, and Celtic Throwdown until any further notice.
Who you main??

Skarfelt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Skarfelt
WHEN YOU GONNA PLAY ME ON ANTHERS!!!???
Ya so from since you first messaged me I literally haven't played Smash 4. The first day I stopped the Melee to focus on Smash4 again was this week and I legit left my controller at maXy's house last week so I can't practice. We will play, I promise ;_;

Last edited:

noahk777

Smash Journeyman
NNID
noahgk
Hey, so, whats the next Sm4sh tournament in Dublin? I want to enter my first tournament already. (And naturally win and beat everyone and then go on to win Evo and Apex and then wake up from my dream when I was in my match and the TV fell on me.)

If you didn't understand what was going on in that thing I just said, then congratulations, you inderstand it as well as me.

Top Bottom