• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa Smash Community, Where are you at?!

S l o X

Smash Champion
there is a smasher who goes by Zebra who lives in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.

apparently the smash community is dead but i'm sure there has to be someone who plays in Iowa.

post here and stuff if you live in IOWA and want to play melee.

philipawalker

Smash Rookie
Hi, I'm a melee smasher. I live in Iowa City, and main Falcon. I'm not that great, but I can wave dash, l-cancel, kind of moonwalk...i have most of the technical stuff down, trying to work on approaching, spacing, movement, mindgames, etc.

I would love to have someone to smash with, haven't had anyone to play with here...

zebra

Smash Cadet
Hi, I'm a melee smasher. I live in Iowa City, and main Falcon. I'm not that great, but I can wave dash, l-cancel, kind of moonwalk...i have most of the technical stuff down, trying to work on approaching, spacing, movement, mindgames, etc.

I would love to have someone to smash with, haven't had anyone to play with here...
Hey, yeah we should play sometime for sure. Iowa City is only like 20 minutes from where I am. Give me your info and we can work something out :)

Flashlight_Eyes

Smash Cadet

do you still live in Iowa city, im trying to gather smashers at and around Iowa city these days, let me know.

Flashlight_Eyes

Smash Cadet
Hey, yeah we should play sometime for sure. Iowa City is only like 20 minutes from where I am. Give me your info and we can work something out :)
Yo Zebra, are you still interested in melee, and do you still live around Iowa City?

Flashlight_Eyes

Smash Cadet
im trying to organize a decent group of meleers in Iowa city. text me if you guys want to game sometime. 515-480-2791

just reedited this, Im an idiot and didnt post my full number,

TundraZer0

Smash Rookie
Edit: I'm an idiot. I didn't notice the "Melee" right in my face on the top of the screen. And I pretty much only play 64 and Brawl, so...nevermind. lol

(Sorry 'bout that.)

Flashlight_Eyes

Smash Cadet

You down to play this weekend perhaps?

Flashlight_Eyes

Smash Cadet
Yall missed a good smashfest this weekend. Got a decent group of Iowa city smashers together at my house, and had a little mock friendly tournament. If people will be around this summer Id like to have another in in the coming months. Spread the word. Congrats on your prizes JJ, I dont think I ever got to 1v1 you, so you will have to come back again sometime.

Kuares

Pizza
Yeah thought I would miss a smash tourney when I was gone for school.

Well Mr. Flashlight Eyes, I live over in Cedar Rapids and know a few people who'd travel for Melee. If you got anything planned in the near future, I'd definitely get a group together to go over yonder.

Flashlight_Eyes

Smash Cadet
Yeah thought I would miss a smash tourney when I was gone for school.

Well Mr. Flashlight Eyes, I live over in Cedar Rapids and know a few people who'd travel for Melee. If you got anything planned in the near future, I'd definitely get a group together to go over yonder.
Ive been trying to create/revive a smash community in Iowa city recently so I could play some people outside my immediate circle of friends and get better. Our "tourney" was rather impromptu, and more just a gathering of iowa city smashers for the first time at my house. Still though if you are ever down for some friendlies, we can start working towards some Biweeklies and maybe we can get a nice community here. My number is 515-480-2791

§chizm

Smash Lord
For those of you that don't know Joker is going to be having Melee at his fighting game tournament on May 18th in Des Moines. https://www.facebook.com/events/185834644902232/
By the way this is the thread we normally use in IA to talk about stuff (been using it for five years) http://smashboards.com/threads/iowa-jokers-monthly-why-so-serious-27-may-18th.176740/page-742, it's kinda dead at the moment due to general inactivity/we mostly use Facebook to communcate anymore but it's the only thread that most of the IA/NE people will notice/be subscribed to. I only saw this thread by chance.

We've been playing a lot more in Des Moines though since people are going to EVO and such.

Flashlight_Eyes

Smash Cadet
Considering another Iowa smash fest this saturday. Trying to decide if it will be in Des Moines or Iowa city though. Turnout and the amount of interest will decide its location. What kind of availability do yall have?

Dopey

Smash Lord
whatsup folks?! I'm actully comin out to Des Moines for work for a month or two an im itchin to play melee/PM lemme kno whats up! leavin today 800 miles gahhhhh!!!

§chizm

Smash Lord
whatsup folks?! I'm actully comin out to Des Moines for work for a month or two an im itchin to play melee/PM lemme kno whats up! leavin today 800 miles gahhhhh!!!
Yoooooo http://smashboards.com/threads/iowa-jokers-monthly-why-so-serious-27-may-18th.176740/page-743 is the thread you'll probably want to post in since no one is subscribed to this thread. Usually if we play games we just text each other though. Our contact info should still be in the first post of the thread, mine is the same at least. Where in Des Moines are you going to be?

Dopey

Smash Lord
Haha indeed indeed MRM!! I'm in the city Ill be here 1-2 months at a time for the next 6-8 months. This time I'm def comin to smash!! Thx schiz ill check it out!

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Dopey we gaming at 8 in Omaha, txt me if you're interested

402-305-5522

Edit: I forgot my phone screen is broken, so I'd CALL that # because I can't see text messages

Top Bottom