• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Ditch that *****. Smash Bros before Hos.
Amen to that Brother(see I know it would have caught up >.0)

We should probably ask Joker first?

Yeah, I'll be coming up Sunday. Might bring some of the rest of the Kirkrew.
Well you know I'm good for it, I'm game for anytime this week, so JBM this mean we won't be making it to your Monthly then, maybe next time. Also Ace if you wanting to play some games this week, you should come down, since it seems there's going to be a lot of games being play this week, and if you want to stay over the night and stuff I can house you, just bring a blanket and pillow if your wanting to stay. And by the way bring the kirkrew over, since half of them were missing last time.

Pop up in Ames thursday night. We will be playing here, as usual. Also, when will we see the matches from the crew battle? Our side won, and we looked sad while the other side celebrated as if they were the winners. I guess when you almost lose to a number 9 hammer, it is hard to get crunk about winning :-\...
I'll see if we can make it, I'll talk to Elfen and see if he wants to go, as for the crews, sorry I haven't work on them, cause I almost caught a cold, but I dodged that bullet, now I just have a headache, but it should be gone tomorrow, either way I'll work on it tomorrow for sure.
Also a Judgement doesn't compare to my awesome tilts and my supreme DI :psycho:

xfacta

Smash Cadet
jlo i sucked in crews too.. i just felt like bein ike for sum reason.... wich was a mistake heh. only sheik and maybe kirbs from now on. O and of course falcon

Proficient (CBK)

Smash Journeyman
yea so razor are you going to go play tonight if so pick me up..^_^ and thursday if you guys end up going to ames take me with...^_^ and jlo ill take you on anytime...lol

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
I still can't do games tonight. I have a midterm tomorrow that I will be cramming all night tonight for. I will be by on Wednesday and I don't really know how Thursday is going to work. I won't be able to play until like 9ish, but then I will be able to play for the rest of the night because I have no classes on Friday.

Proficient (CBK)

Smash Journeyman
I still can't do games tonight. I have a midterm tomorrow that I will be cramming all night tonight for. I will be by on Wednesday and I don't really know how Thursday is going to work. I won't be able to play until like 9ish, but then I will be able to play for the rest of the night because I have no classes on Friday.

wait so you cant play tomorrow either???..and is anyone willing to pick me up on thursday to go to ames???...:)

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
hey teh joker, how do u know when the wii brickblocker takes the patch off on an iso file? is there like a certain thing that should happen when it does take the patch off or not cause i dont want to brick ur wii. im planning to get all of the wii games done by the time u guys get back from WI next week or so. so probably next saturday i should have them all finish and burned by then

Bonehimer

Smash Journeyman
if theres a certain char u think would work well with your char let me know and i'll put the extra practice in.
MK? lol jk
but no don't know any, if anything I am trying to get my marth to be decent. also we need the m most important thing for a team, the name.
Rob + Peach = Iron maiden.

zyklon

Smash Cadet
Sorry for never posting real shoutouts after Joker's tourney.... I'm kinda really lazy sometimes.

Anyways it was nice to meet all of you and whatnot, Razor don't worry this RFG just got lucky this time, next time we'll both know what stages to ban ....

Joker, can I please stop having to play against you in tournaments? I do worse against you in singles than I do against Domo or anyone else I've ever played....

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
hey teh joker, how do u know when the wii brickblocker takes the patch off on an iso file? is there like a certain thing that should happen when it does take the patch off or not cause i dont want to brick ur wii. im planning to get all of the wii games done by the time u guys get back from WI next week or so. so probably next saturday i should have them all finish and burned by then
That be Kool mang, as for the brickblocker, I have no Idea, Skizm how does it work, so you don't brickbloket does it automatically updates my Wii or something

Joker, can I please stop having to play against you in tournaments? I do worse against you in singles than I do against Domo or anyone else I've ever played....
I remember Jlo saying something like that, after a couple of Monthlies >.<
Which by the way, does anyone know how many monthlies we have done, Uli mention about 6ish, but I think more not sure T.T

By the way Iron Maiden is too good of a name.

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
I think I will be by around 2:30 tomorrow Joker. Tony I am going to go by East to drop off a video that I forgot I had at around 2. Bring your controller to school with you and I will take you to Joker's at 2:30 when you get out of school. Blank could you get a ride over to Joker's from your mom after school. I can take you both home. I can play for a few hours then, good training opportunity.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
You don't need to brickblock any wii games if Joker is loading it up via Backup loader, it automatically skips the update process. Also, next time we both go to Jokers can I use your laptop's sd card reader? If I could I can record all my replays at once. ^_^

Razor I should be able to get a ride. Sounds like ChuPhat vs. WSS again eh?

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
well ima trust that statement and hopefully nothing goes wrong and i dont mind but we just have to show up at the same day or somthing like that

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
I really hope CBK looks at the boards tonight....

So there is still one van spot open at this point. Right now confirmed are Me, Joker, Jlo, Bone, Blank, CBK....

So that means Kudou, Andy, Schism need to decide who gets the last spot. I would like to think it would go to the person most serious about brawl but you guys work that out amongst yourselves.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Cause it will really suck to find out he couldn't come, like last time.

Which by the way any word on the days we can stay over there, I know we can stay at the Venue, but will that include Thursday night till Saturday or whenever, since pools for Singles/Doubles are going to be on Friday.

Kamig

Smash Apprentice
I tried calling you joker but you won't answer...

what day/time is fine for me to drop by and grab my 360 controllers?

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
I tried calling you joker but you won't answer...

what day/time is fine for me to drop by and grab my 360 controllers?
Yeah sorry I rarely answer the phone, since I barely hear it downstairs, but yeah the boards is a guarantee, anyways if you want to drop by Friday or Saturday, should be fine (>.0)b

Also I was wondering who's were they.

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
Joker the plan currently is to leave Friday at like 6-7 AM to arrive there at 12-1. And then leave after singles get finished on Saturday night.... depending on how late it is I guess. But then if we do stay leave early in the morning to get JLO back for work and me back for pitching practice. I am serious about those times especially Friday morning so people need to be ready. I'm not going to deal with another leaving over 3 hours after I planned and everyone agreed to.

gantrain05

Smash Master
Joker the plan currently is to leave Friday at like 6-7 AM to arrive there at 12-1. And then leave after singles get finished on Saturday night.... depending on how late it is I guess. But then if we do stay leave early in the morning to get JLO back for work and me back for pitching practice. I am serious about those times especially Friday morning so people need to be ready. I'm not going to deal with another leaving over 3 hours after I planned and everyone agreed to.
i completely agree, i really can't miss work again =/ they cut me alot of slack last time i missed work but they won't really be too happy about it if i do it again, and since im goin for manager, if i get a write up i can kiss that goodbye.

Kamig

Smash Apprentice
the one without grips on the thumbsticks is mine and the one with grips on the right thumbstick is evilzangief's/jermiah

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
I'm curious is Iowa plannin on attending the next circuit event in Oshkosh? I'm pretty sure we can expect to see you guys in Kahoka, since it's alot closer to you, but I'm just curious

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
Inferno yes we are going to Oshkosh. Actually 6 to 7 of us are going.

Keep in mind this is the last time I check this before I will actually show up at Jokers. Ok well I'm going to continue the plan regardless of the fact that CBK decided not to look at this yesterday or this morning. Joker expect me between 2:30-2:45. At least me, Joker, Blank, and Bone can get some work in.

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
lol at the madness on what goin on (^^;). i still most likely will not go to Oshkosh since i dont take brawl that serious, i just play for kicks and that spot is better off for some1 that plays the game more competively. besides, i have to be gettin some Wii games for "Teh Joker" all spring break so u can count me out this time (^^;).

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
I am serious about those times especially Friday morning so people need to be ready. I'm not going to deal with another leaving over 3 hours after I planned and everyone agreed to.
I know what you mean, SKIZM XP

But yeah, is there a way you can pick us up at my house, in fact CBK and Blank should stay at my house Thursday night, so then Razor will only have to make one stop, sorry mang, but other than Skizm or Kudou, none of us drive T.T

the one without grips on the thumbsticks is mine and the one with grips on the right thumbstick is evilzangief's/jermiah
It's Kool mang, so if you guys or one of you want to pick them up this Friday/Saturday it should be fine.

Joker expect me between 2:30-2:45. At least me, Joker, Blank, and Bone can get some work in.
Kool (^^)b specially cause Bone wants some practice, he would have to wait until Friday/Saturday to practice teams with Jlo, also Blank bring your Wii just in case.

WHAT THE EF!!!! SH*T does anybody have razors number so i can text him???..O_O
Check your PM.

lol at the madness on what goin on (^^;). i still most likely will not go to Oshkosh since i dont take brawl that serious, i just play for kicks and that spot is better off for some1 that plays the game more competively. besides, i have to be gettin some Wii games for "Teh Joker" all spring break so u can count me out this time (^^;).
I think the other person was Andy, is he the one going then, if not then is Skizm, but not sure if he can leave that early, since he always has stuff to do in the mornings, so who knows Kudou, you may just make it, unless we find something out in this couple of days o(>.0)o

PortCity

Smash Ace
What on earth are you guys planning? I hear stuff about drivers, a van, splitting the pot, people getting slumped? ...Ya'll planning a heist? Sounds like someone or somebody about to get jacked ...In other news...Does anyone plan on coming to Ames today?

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
so what r ppl doin tonight, friday, and saturday? i might be up for whatever is goin on cause i might be open since i didnt have to go to Central College today for track. my spring break starts tomorrow so no school for me after today (^^;). also who is getting Resident Evil 5 when it comes out? cause that game looks pretty awesome from what i've seen

ace156

Smash Apprentice
whoa, hey kuduo-kun what school do you go to? lol i am at central college haha, but im not in track so i would never have seen you. i actually live in pella, but am still going to college here too...

PortCity

Smash Ace
Looks like the drama is going down in Ames tonight...I guess i better get the house in order.

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
Yes indeed. Joker I have talked to Dustin and he said he was planning on going. I can't arrive until like 9:30 so that would mean you guys leaving at like 9:00 if we wanted to arrive at similar times, I guess that doesn't really matter.

Joker can you bring your wii and a tv? There are going to be enough of us that two set-ups would be preferable.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Anything going on tomorrow or Saturday? If Kudou comes that'd be perfect so I could get all my replays up.

I'll remember to bring my wii next time too.

Top Bottom