• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

§chizm

Smash Lord
I could come to Ames or we could game at my house if you don't mind kids wanting to play ;)
I could always put them to bed haha
On second thought it might b better for me to leave the house lol
:phone:
Joker and I are going up to Ames to play games.

Also just so you know it's sometimes easier to text/call me (or Joker) if you're trying to find out about games because we don't always check this thread that often. Numbers are on the first post :bee:.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Yo, Brawl tournament next weekend in Lincoln, NE. Thugz will be there.

Also so will Melee.

We had a really good turn out for melee today, probably the same for brawl next time.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Yo, Brawl tournament next weekend in Lincoln, NE. Thugz will be there.
Next weekend we're going to a fg tourney.
^This also it say the price is gift cards but for what o.0

Good time last night in Ames, even if I got destroyed for four straight hours ;)

:phone:
GGs I was thinking of how to help you specially when it comes to smash DI and such but I don't really know how since you use the Wii mote+nunchuck and the way I know to do it is using the C-stick and what not however there's a pro player by the name of Ultimate Razer who also uses your controls so there has to be a way ^.^

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Joker, that tournament is the 7th of March, the UNL SPONSOERED ONE.

The one next/this week, the 25th, is UNL dorms. I understand not wanting to come if you're busy though.

Unity unless:

*Option to have MK legal or banned.

*Option to have standing Infinites banned. (Like the stuff on Ness/Lucas and D3's craziness).

Starters::battlefieldb::fdb::lylat::smashville: :yoshisb:

Counter::rainbowcruise::ps2::ps1::halberd: :delfino::castlesiege:

2 stage bans.

*Extra stages for doubles optional::pictochat::pirateship::japes::whateverjankystageyoulove:

Conspiracy*

Smash Cadet
@Joker As far as the advanced moves go...I'll just keep trying. Even if there is a way on the nunchuck...I have never been the most dextrous with the thumbs haha. I appreciate the games...a lot of those MU's I'd never played a skilled player on. Snake and Marth are on a whole nother level...but I feel like I put together some decent games against you with other chars.
Next time I'll try my hand with some other people, maybe get a few more wins in :)

PortCity

Smash Ace
@Conspiracy: I'm still tripping on the fact you are real. I guess I must apologize to Tyser.

@Tyser: Sorry!

@Brandon: That's good to hear man. I hope things are better now. Plus I need some more help with bread donations :)

@Greg: Hahaha, you beat me up all night and you like the feeling? :) LOL...well I'm not sure, I have a bunch of work to do and I don't know how I'm going to get around it. Maybe Wednesday, but that is a stretch. Don't get used to that feeling though, I don't take losing lightly. :-D

@TAS: I really like TAS because it gives me ideas. I kinda interpret those matches as the highest possible level of tech skill that can be attained. Even though unrealistic, I tacitly try to reach that level.

@March 24: It seems so far 2 people (3 including Debo) can't go on the 17th. As far as spring break is concerned, no one from ISU is going to come just because of spring break. The Brawl community is pretty much set in stone. However, it is possible that you can get new MVC3 people as a result of the break as it will give noobs a chance to do something new while they sit around here in the middle of nowhere.

@Nom: I feel betrayed. You get me beat up all last week in DSM, and then play well Saturday night against me :)

@Wang: Gameplan for "Control of the Air" Objective -> Means -> Force Ratio -> Intelligence -> Follow-through .... I sent you the Battleplan for Air Assault, this is the other related video.

@Blank/Ngamer: It was nice playing Brawl with you guys...it has been a LONG time since I played some friendlies with you both.

PortCity

Smash Ace
If Ames is playing today. I'll probably show up at 8, and stay for an hour or 2.

"Ball so hard, ziggins want to fine me!"

N_o_M

Smash Journeyman
We shall be playing tonight sekou, but I was so tired when we went to DSM I couldn't even do easy Olimar comobs. :( But tonight will be a different story just give me a call or a text. Colin said something about qrs wanting to show up, if you could get a hold on him that would be nice or he can just IM my phone doesn't matter to me.

PortCity

Smash Ace
@Greg: If you show up tonight there will be games.

"Wang ain't doing right if you ask me, he should have mained Metaknight and Diddy!"

Conspiracy*

Smash Cadet
I regret not playing more with the other people on Saturday...It was like Joker wanted to "jump me in" proper by beating me with just about every char. lol

So that I can put names to faces...
Who all else did I meet on Saturday? (excuse my memory...it got late real fast. I barely survived the drive back)

PortCity

Smash Ace
GG Games tonight! Colin...you are almost ready for the big leagues...ALMOST!

I hereby DICTATE that ONLY Rick Ross plays whenever Colin and I team. :) Apparently Rick Ross's grunts and that sexy chick saying "Maybach Music" brings out the best in Colin.

"Bombs over Battlefield!!!!" - Toon Link

overtheunder

Smash Cadet
GG Games tonight! Colin...you are almost ready for the big leagues...ALMOST!

I hereby DICTATE that ONLY Rick Ross plays whenever Colin and I team. :) Apparently Rick Ross's grunts and that sexy chick saying "Maybach Music" brings out the best in Colin.

"Bombs over Battlefield!!!!" - Toon Link
nobody knows about that Rick Ross

PortCity

Smash Ace
Yeah, Colin went hard last night. Speaking of that, if DSM comes to Ames Wednesday night I'll be able to play. I got a bit of work, and can't afford to lose 1.5 hours driving to DSM and back.

-----------------------------

"So I approach so hard mothertouchers can't fight me!...What's 50 percent to a mothertoucher like me? Can you please remind me? Approach so hard, this ish crazy, ya'll don't know that don't ish phase me. You can go, 0% to 82% and I look at you like 'this ish gravy'!"

§chizm

Smash Lord
So that I can put names to faces...
Who all else did I meet on Saturday? (excuse my memory...it got late real fast. I barely survived the drive back)
:<::<:
Yeah, Colin went hard last night. Speaking of that, if DSM comes to Ames Wednesday night I'll be able to play. I got a bit of work, and can't afford to lose 1.5 hours driving to DSM and back.
Won't be able to go to Ames Wednesday, I work till like 10.

PortCity

Smash Ace
Anything going on today? In Ames or DSM? I want to know just in case I magically finish this work.

N_o_M

Smash Journeyman
I sent joker a text asking if they wanted to come up tonight. I offered to pay half of their gas so hopefully they show up, also if you "magically" finish your work Sekou I have a list I need you to look at and comment on. (You don't have to but it would be helpful)

PortCity

Smash Ace
List? What you talking about Willis? A playlist?!?!?! Like a Rick Ross,Drake, Young Jeezy, thugged out playlist? Yeah, send that so I can comment on it :) ... if you talking about a youtube playlist...gonna take me some time to get to it, heck I got another play list someone wants me to check out.

N_o_M

Smash Journeyman
I slept all of yesterday from 4pm-1:05 am so Colin and I played brawl till I had class which is at 9. So since I had brawl on my mind I made a list of what I need to work on such as tech chase, item work ect..

N_o_M

Smash Journeyman
I did it the old fashion way pencil and paper but you youngsters wouldn't know anything about that, with those new contraptions you call laptops. :)

PortCity

Smash Ace
Hahaha, well it is all on you. You can send it to my email for faster feedback, or you can wait till the next time you see me. Tell me what the rest of those guys decide.

N_o_M

Smash Journeyman
Ok I told joker to send me a text if they are coming up. Should I send you a text to the 318 number or the IM number you use?

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Dustin, tell Colin he is obligated to bringing a carpool to my tourney so we can do our Mario vs. Luigi Money Match please :)

N_o_M

Smash Journeyman
We were planning on showing up, I don't know who else would go but Colin and I are coming for sure.

Kuares

Pizza
That's the weekend spring break starts, so I'll be going home.

Dustin, if people go over, post here and I'll hear and probably show up sometime.

Top Bottom