• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
HEY kudou!
what animes you watchn this season?
ima be watchn
Summer Storm! 2
Haruka Nogizaka's Secret: Purity
maybe inuyasha XD

i think thats it for now
recommend me stuff :D
well as of now im watchin only whats been subbed that im interested in and they are...

Kampfer
Kobato
Nyan Koi!
Seiken no Blacksmith
Seitokai no Ichizon
Toaru Kagaku no Railgun

there are a couple more that im interested in right now but they havent been subbed yet so im just waiting till then

BOLT08

Smash Lord
What difference does it make whether or Poke'mon are happy or whatever nature they are?? If the game would allow it I'd just beat the little *******s into submission.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
That brawling tonight was a lot of fun :p A bunch of us went to Sluy's place for some brawl. I did okay.

Proficient (CBK)

Smash Journeyman
man i wish i couldve went but no work likes to kick me in the balls all the time....but yea i think i might show up next thursday b/c im going to switch hours with someone so i can get that day off.

Proficient (-BC-)

Smash Ace
Thanks you too! I hope my not playing brawl for 3 months didn't make me suck TOO much. ^^;
Your Ness was very impressive :)

man i wish i couldve went but no work likes to kick me in the balls all the time....but yea i think i might show up next thursday b/c im going to switch hours with someone so i can get that day off.
Pft... Weaksauce mang :laugh:

-BC-

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
joker gots good taste ya'll :3
also i liked the ending

and did they really end ranma 1/2? i remember watching that as a kid, i still got a bunch of episodes on VHS i watch from time to time :DD

schism and women whipping? wut?
Hell yeah and no the anime had 171 Eps. plus 13 OVA Eps. either way it stop half way thru the manga but the manga had a stupid ending T.T

joker have you seen this yet?
mgs nerds
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WY8ZnAqUdgU
Yeah I'm actually subscribe to him, LittleKuriboh is too good his Yu-Gi-Oh Abridge is pretty funny >.<

That brawling tonight was a lot of fun :p A bunch of us went to Sluy's place for some brawl. I did okay.
Did okay, hell the team matches we did where pretty good except for the Diddy ones but then again not much you can do with 4 bananas T.T

Instead ask for next Saturday off since we're having a tourney then ^.^

Also Love, Spiders is from their first CD >.<

§chizm

Smash Lord

The world must know . . .
Blank will probably get turned on by this.

Yeah good games everyone.
Don't worry, you did very well especially considering that you probably don't have much matchup experience. I actually enjoyed playing your Ness.

Also Love, Spiders is from their first CD >.<
I fucking told you.
Get yo ass whooped Love (In musical knowledge :suess:)

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
so i saw the weather for tomorrow, and its gonna be in the mid 30's with rain and snow. so yeah my car is already in super bad shape as it is so im second guessing my showin for games tomorrow at Loves. only time will tell at this point

gantrain05

Smash Master
double post!

i forgot, JOKER, if you are still up for playin some starcraft via battle.net, i play on USeast server, tag is Bahamut(RM) and i hang out in channel Bar. come get some!

also i don't have any messenger other than MSN, so u should get yours to work cuz i don't like aim lol.

Afrayail

Smash Ace
Games were very fun! I just need to actually pick a main and focus on that char instead of bouncing around and only doing average with a bunch. :( I think I'll go after Olimar and have ROB around for seconds.. all that's next is, you know, not killing myself 1-2 times a match and I should be ok :D

On to the important stuffs (incoming Wall of Text):

Tourney next weekend! The unofficial official "October" tournament, entry fee and all. Because it is just prolly gonna be local people, though, I was wondering if we should drop down prices for doubles at least to $10 total, or $5 a person. Up to you guys. Other than that, I think all the rules will be the same, though I know Ptato was adamant about having a few stages as counter picks that were put on the ban list recently from Joker's, but we'll see ^_^;

Anyway, we'll have the projector screen (~3 hour life until it shuts off for a few minutes... if this happens, just pause and we'll turn it back on again), the side TV, possible a TV from one of the other rooms, and Hulk might bring his TV (same size as the one off to the side from last time.) We'll for sure have 2 Brawl's going, and 90% sure we'll have 3 (and 4 if things go according to plan.) If anyone else wants to bring a TV, that'd be fine. We also need Wii's with Brawl. I have my Wii and a copy of the game, and we have our friend's Wii (but he's a n00b and doesn't have Brawl.)

Other than that, we can prolly knock down the wall to join the two rooms so we have more space if we think that'll be necessary. Otherwise, we'll just set up the tables to hold the different TV's and clear space.

Any suggestions? Questions comments or concerns? It'll be "all day" Saturday, probably starting around 12-1pm, like usual (right?) and go until.. well, whenever. People can technically sleep over, if they want. Lots of comfy pillows for cuddling :S... lol.

We could also see about pooling in a few bucks each and ordering some of the delicious heart-attacks known as pokey sicks (& pizza) since we have awesome coupon books for great deals.. >.> The building has a nice kitchen set up, too, if there needs to be any nuking, etc.

....PHEW.. okay, let me know. and thanks again to everyone for last night! it was fun/a good learning experience.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
:laugh: JOKER which one was better? The Marth PKT2 counter that killed two people, or the PKT2 I did that I looped around riskily and then whammed into Marth?

EDIT: Thanks by the way everyone...I didn't know my Ness was so good. I thought he was just "OKAY". *shot*

gantrain05

Smash Master
Games were very fun! I just need to actually pick a main and focus on that char instead of bouncing around and only doing average with a bunch. :( I think I'll go after Olimar and have ROB around for seconds.. all that's next is, you know, not killing myself 1-2 times a match and I should be ok :D
no, u should always just play everyone, theres no better way to learn the matchups! i challenge you to a Bone challenge(TM)

also, who's Yink! a ness main!!? about time that fat headed little psycho is repped, ness ditto? i think i got a purdy good ness lol.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
also, who's Yink! a ness main!!? about time that fat headed little psycho is repped, ness ditto? i think i got a purdy good ness lol.
I'm a Ness/Lucas main. I prefer Ness so Lucas is more of a Secondary I guess. Apparently my Ness is good, I thought he was okay but it's good to know that I don't suck! :laugh:

@Afrayail: I'll try my best to be there as soon as possible, I think I have something going on on Saturday now that I look. :(

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Jlo: Hell is about time, but yeah man good thing your back haven't seen you for a while I'll make sure to look you up next time on Battle.net

Affrayail: Actually I was thinking the same think $10 for Doubles($5 per person) and $5 for Singles as for the stage list it should be fine ^.^

:laugh: JOKER which one was better? The Marth PKT2 counter that killed two people, or the PKT2 I did that I looped around riskily and then whammed into Marth
Both where just as epic but the one that killed me I didn't saw coming is like who does that >.0

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Well obviously I DO Joker. :p You gotta LOVE PKT mindgames.

Argh I wish I had a doubles partner. ; _ ;

Proficient (-BC-)

Smash Ace
Tourney next weekend! The unofficial official "October" tournament, entry fee and all. Because it is just prolly gonna be local people, though, I was wondering if we should drop down prices for doubles at least to $10 total, or $5 a person. Up to you guys. Other than that, I think all the rules will be the same, though I know Ptato was adamant about having a few stages as counter picks that were put on the ban list recently from Joker's, but we'll see ^_^;
Ugh.. I forgot im goin to the Baylor game that saturday... I wont be able to play in the tourny but ill still show up for a bit.

The Kansas tourny is the 24 correct?
You are correct.

-BC-

animeblitzballa33

Smash Ace
Cool, thats good news, cause i got friday thru sunday off already. I will be attending but Zash will not. Do we still need a second car to drive, cause i could start working on that but it would be good to know soon.

Also what is this other tourny people are talking about? I am just confused and full of questions right now lol.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Cool, thats good news, cause i got friday thru sunday off already. I will be attending but Zash will not. Do we still need a second car to drive, cause i could start working on that but it would be good to know soon.

Also what is this other tourny people are talking about? I am just confused and full of questions right now lol.
As of right now I'm going to say yes we need a second car to drive, since Razor wants to drive his car so then people going in his car are:
Razor, Joker, Skizm, Love, Kudou.
Then there's people who are still wanting to go which are:
MDUO, Andy, Blank, maybe CBK and Jlo so yeah ^.^

As for tourneys we're having one next week but is going to probably be just locals >.<
But anyone is welcome >.0

Then there's the tourney on the 14th of Nov which is being held by Grog with a bunch of side tourneys and Brawl who I'm going to be in charge of and that's where the next monthly will be.
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=8449545&postcount=1

Trent

Smash Champion
Wait I'm confused. There's a tourney going on in Iowa this month? Thought it was canceled due to No Koast?

Uli

Smash Champion
joker how does ranma end O.O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
we are attending this mock tourny btw
not really though

gantrain05

Smash Master
i most likely won't be attending any OoS tourneys anytime soon, i might, but who knows, got another job at god ****ed mcdonalds and i won't really know my schedule so we'll see.

Uli

Smash Champion
nice to see JLO back :D
that sucks working at mcdonalds man, but you gotta do what you gotta do D:

FrozenFire13

Smash Ace
Hey everyone. Sorry I have to ***** out of next weekend. One of my best friends' 21st b-day is then and I'm in charge of watching his *** throughout the night. Plus I get to pick the music :D

Anyway, I'm still playing, so I'll be back. Whats this Nov tourney all about? I'm gonna try and make it to this one. I'm too lazy to look on the first page for info. I make an empty demand that someone explain to me O.O

Top Bottom