• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inverse ECE

Chaco

Never Logs In
Okay I was messing around with this today and it's viable as a move. You do a normal ECE, except throw the egg off stage, and don't use momentum. He grabs when he's done throwing. I found it really good in a WiFi match. Since I egg gimped a Diddy.

Might wanna try this folks, and discuss it, please.

JackieRabbit5

Smash Journeyman
i've known about it, could try more...of course sometimes its better to go for an fair or something
if u do it w/out double jumping u can only do it like 3 times i think

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
I feel like I need to start actually contributing to Yoshi discussions more. Many "discoveries" are things that I use on a regular basis and have neglected to share with the community under the false pretense that it was common knowledge.

This is particularly useful on moving stages.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I feel like I need to start actually contributing to Yoshi discussions more. Many "discoveries" are things that I use on a regular basis and have neglected to share with the community under the false pretense that it was common knowledge.

This is particularly useful on moving stages.
Lol this isn't a discovery, I've just never seen anyone use it.

Sharky

Smash Master
I've messed with it in a few matches. I just prefer to go out to them, maybe with a short-hopped egg throw while approaching them if I want to use an egg. It just doesn't seem as useful as in melee with the ledge delay.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I've messed with it in a few matches. I just prefer to go out to them, maybe with a short-hopped egg throw while approaching them if I want to use an egg. It just doesn't seem as useful as in melee with the ledge delay.
Well that's not always smart. Certain characters you need to be careful going out to them, such as Kirby. Who can gimp you very easily, also inhale you, and various other things. While staying on the ledge gives you better options in two manners. One you can throw eggs at them, and drop them a good bit below stage level. This beats standing on the edge, imho. Two, and it puts you underneath them when the recover. Unless they recover really low, in which case on stages like FD, Dair them. but being underneath gives you a lot more options than staying on the stage, and camping. Also, more than going out to them and risk getting nailed. Which will catch up to you.

i thought about this too..... i just wasn't sure what good it would prove since im never really in that position.... =\
Put yourself in it, it's purely a set up position. Get your opponent offstage, ETS into edgehog and then do ECEs aiming outward. When it hits them, do a rising Fair/Dair/Uair/Nair/Bair. Bam, you just used eggs to set up a kill.

Airborne

Smash Lord
Put yourself in it, it's purely a set up position. Get your opponent offstage, ETS into edgehog and then do ECEs aiming outward. When it hits them, do a rising Fair/Dair/Uair/Nair/Bair. Bam, you just used eggs to set up a kill.
i see what you mean.... so the eggs cancel the rest of the animation, as well as giving you your DJ back just in case you already used it..... then you can use that slight hitstun of the egg explosion to whoop their ***. <3

Top Bottom