• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Interior BC Canada (AKA Thompson/Okanagan/Kootenay/Rockies/Other) Thread

Trozz

Smash Ace
Any Kamloops people ever heard of a local smasher named Maddy? I hear he's a Brawl enthusiast.

Koskinator

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3308-4564-8881
ok important post all okanagan smashers read read read
im moving tomorrow (sunday the 2nd of august)
it'll take me awhile to get settled
james is taking a 3 month break from smash
me and him have talked, ill be taking his role as w/e it is he is for the next 3 months
meaning, possible smashfests @ my place, maybe. dunno yet
ill be helping people out in melee and i can mad teach anyone brawl
ill try to post from somewhere in kelowna with moar details and a cell number
<3 u guyz

Cakeh

Smash Rookie
ok important post all okanagan smashers read read read
im moving tomorrow (sunday the 2nd of august)
it'll take me awhile to get settled
james is taking a 3 month break from smash
me and him have talked, ill be taking his role as w/e it is he is for the next 3 months
meaning, possible smashfests @ my place, maybe. dunno yet
ill be helping people out in melee and i can mad teach anyone brawl
ill try to post from somewhere in kelowna with moar details and a cell number
<3 u guyz
can we play bb too :D

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
YEE YEE Kelowna represent! Best Falcon in Kelowna what the ****S up!?
WOOOOOOT YE YE YE YE

not if I smash there sex!

woops double pot
best post in the thread...thank you 'harris'

don't get destroyed my uummppaa lummpasss Adam!
TOO LATE MUHAHHAHA

oh god where did you people come from
your couch!

lol **** that japan ****
lol you can't drive and can't organize and hate japan. Worst 'temporary james replacement' ever!
XD

Sion

Island of Horizon
f blazblue. better games are better.

btw, haruhi ED dance is already memorized by so many people. Including me unfortunately.

Cakeh

Smash Rookie
f blazblue. better games are better.

btw, haruhi ED dance is already memorized by so many people. Including me unfortunately.
blazblue is made by the same people who made guilty gear, which is an amazing series.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Wow I thought I was the only one that played Brawl in the Okanagan. I'm tired of getting funny looks!
Welcome to the rest of the community. :D
Have you been playing long? Ever interested in getting together for some smash?
I'm in Kelowna too, names James.

David MM me sometime in melee you little brawl noob ;)
lol weirdest rivalry ever. 'we good at barlw lets mm meleee'
hahaha

get em KOSKI!!!!!

Koopatroopa006

Smash Rookie
Welcome to the rest of the community. :D
Have you been playing long? Ever interested in getting together for some smash?
I'm in Kelowna too, names James.
I've been playing since the first one on the 64, kept with ness the whole time. Play brawl everyday if I can. I don't have any friends that play videogames so it's mostly me playing online :/ I would be interested in playing against real people for sure. I wouldn't say I'm super pro but I'm not bad either :) I'm in the Rutland area.

Curt

Cakeh

Smash Rookie
I've been playing since the first one on the 64, kept with ness the whole time. Play brawl everyday if I can. I don't have any friends that play videogames so it's mostly me playing online :/ I would be interested in playing against real people for sure. I wouldn't say I'm super pro but I'm not bad either :) I'm in the Rutland area.

Curt
Oh no another ness we have to fight to the death or something >:C

Blazblue is hated on by sion so much lmfao
koskinator hates it because its japanese which is...um....?

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
Nu is one of the characters.

I don't see what's wrong with Blazblue either. Only thing I see wrong with it is that Tager isn't a good character. ):

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
HAHAHA yeah

Cakeh vs Player-X vs Koopatroopa vs Dynamism

Free For All

Ness Only

RAINBOW CRUISE!!!

Mr. Saturn on very high.

It's ON!!!!

Curt
Cooooool

Would you be interested in coming to Vernon next weekend for a piknic/dinner/smashfest thing? I'm quitting for a while and it's like a goodbye party thing. Good time to meet the rest of the Okanagan core. I'll be one of the people driving.

Btw Cakeh, you coming next weekend to Kaelens?

Nu has too much range, gets beat hard by Tager inside.
:p

I saw Koskinator today. He was riding his bike on the way to PC Bang to use their internets cause he has none. Gangsta on de road finally living in a place that doesnt' suck lol

I got that wii SD card now I need you to come hack it davyz

Koopatroopa006

Smash Rookie
haha thats really weird because it's rare I fight another ness online. If it makes you feel any better I use the white shirt red hat costume all the time. We can be different!

Cooooool

Would you be interested in coming to Vernon next weekend for a piknic/dinner/smashfest thing? I'm quitting for a while and it's like a goodbye party thing. Good time to meet the rest of the Okanagan core. I'll be one of the people driving.
Hey that sounds like fun. Count me in.

Cakeh

Smash Rookie
HAHAHA yeah

Btw Cakeh, you coming next weekend to Kaelens?

Nu has too much range, gets beat hard by Tager inside.
:p
Since when do you know stuff about Blazblue? That's awesome, i'm planning on making it the new GG since we all loved that game so much and its made by the same people.

I can probably come to Kaelens, is it just a smashfest?

smash thing dinner thing in vernon next saturday

come
Is this at Kalens or is that a different thing entirely? Can i bring blazblue? :D

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
I probably won't be playing blazblue there but AJ might. pffft

yeah that's next saturday/kaelens. Same thing.

Curt : Add inkyjr (at) hotmail (dot) com on msn.

We'll head up there Saturday around noon or something.

Cakeh

Smash Rookie
Sweet, i just need time/date/location/who can drive me there and back. Or someone could just give me a call if that would be easier.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
There's a tourney at Kaelens house on the 15th....
kind of

more like a smashfest though lol

Meet me at your house around 12 Cakeh

done

Cakeh

Smash Rookie
Oh no i have to go to bed at a decent time :/ hey when is this thing going to be over? Any idea? And should i bring money?

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
News of Dynamism

I'm officially and effectively quitting all smash events, including hosting tournaments, travelling to tournaments, smashing in free time, visiting forums and watching smash, as of August 16th. My last attendance being on August 15th. The community here in the Okanagan will have to go on without me driving, hosting, organizing or bringing people together for the first time. <3 you all, you know what you can do!

Upon return, which will be somewhere late fall or early winter, I will continue to pursue becoming better than my idol as a Luigi main in Melee, as well as picking up many characters I've never tampered with at a competitive level before.

I've had more melee experience over the last 2 months than the rest of the previous year combined and I learned too much to apply all at once. A break to break away from my motionless, slow, predicting rather than punishing play which I can't get much better with is what I need to advance and apply all that I've come to understand.

Aside from that, I will again be a Bowser main in Brawl as he apparently needs more good people playing as him in tournament, and I've been requested numerously to do so. I'll try to get back to where I was last November as one of the top Bowsers in the world, though I have much to catch up on.

Take care. <3

1FD

Sion

Island of Horizon
I hate blazblue so much, but i play Noel.

cuz das wasup.

if Blazblue wasn't so overplayed/popular, I wouldn't even think about getting good at this game. I'd rather melee =\

Cakeh

Smash Rookie
I hate blazblue so much, but i play Noel.

cuz das wasup.

if Blazblue wasn't so overplayed/popular, I wouldn't even think about getting good at this game. I'd rather melee =\
How does it make sense to not like a game just because it's popular? The reason lots of people play blazblue is because so many people like the guilty gear series. And, by your logic, if melee became as popular as blazblue (which it already is, probably alot more popular) then you would not want to play it?

Sion

Island of Horizon
How does it make sense to not like a game just because it's popular? The reason lots of people play blazblue is because so many people like the guilty gear series. And, by your logic, if melee became as popular as blazblue (which it already is, probably alot more popular) then you would not want to play it?
I like to play games that are being played competitively. If blazblue happens to be big, then, being the kind of person i am, I would go and try to get good at it. The reason I don't like blazblue is because i was an avid player of ggx and blazblue didn't click with me. Also, I didn't say that I disliked blazblue because it was popular, I dislike it because I don't like how the game plays. I just merely stated that I wouldn't try to get good at this game if it wasn't so popular.

TL;DR
I hate blazblue because I just do, not because it's popular/overplayed.

Cakeh

Smash Rookie
I like to play games that are being played competitively. If blazblue happens to be big, then, being the kind of person i am, I would go and try to get good at it. The reason I don't like blazblue is because i was an avid player of ggx and blazblue didn't click with me. Also, I didn't say that I disliked blazblue because it was popular, I dislike it because I don't like how the game plays. I just merely stated that I wouldn't try to get good at this game if it wasn't so popular.

TL;DR
I hate blazblue because I just do, not because it's popular/overplayed.
Oh, i completely misunderstood you. I get where your coming from now.

Top Bottom