• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Interesting use for Sing (NOT ledge-cancelled Sing, thank you very much :P)

tEhrXXz0r

Smash Journeyman
It involves an extensive observation of your opponent's patterns while he is on the ledge. Basically, if you know your opponent will roll out of or attack out of the ledge, position yourself a good distance from the ledge and Sing. By the time he finishes his rolling/attacking animation, your opponent should have collided with Sing's hitbox and should be sound asleep! Voila! A free Dair to Rest or charged fsmash! :)

Once you get your opponent with this, he'll most likely reduce his use of rolling and attacking out of ledge. You just eliminated 2 options he has when he's on the ledge, making it much easier to get control of the match in Jigglypuff's favor!

I suggest not using this more than once or twice per match. You'll get incredibly predictable, and will often be punished for it. Also, it's best used when your opponent is at mid-high percentages. At low percentages, your opponent won't be sleeping for long =P

Well, I hope this is news to SOMEONE -_- lol

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Wow, that never came across to me. Well you shouldn't do it while their at low % so during that time you'r getting their damage up pay attention to how they climb the ledge if they're rolling on it alot set up for a sing ambush.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
If your opponent is on the ledge and you're standing at roll length, then why would they roll on the edge?

tEhrXXz0r

Smash Journeyman
If your opponent is on the ledge and you're standing at roll length, then why would they roll on the edge?
When your opponent is on the ledge and they press L/R to roll, there is HUGE start-up lag. Take advantage of that. Empty short hop near the ledge to draw them into a roll, them Sing.

Tomato Kirby

Smash Ace
I never thought of that myself...sounds like a good punish for the few times they ever do it.

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
why would you dair>rest when sing generally is only useful at the percentages that rest will already kill at? it would actually be MORE risky to add a dair, i think (because it's easy to screw up the combination).

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
Dair makes the rest easier to land.
Rest by itself is horrible.
when the opponent is MOBILE. but when an opponent is unmoving, it's safer (at least for me) to just use rest. when opponent is unmoving, the chance of rest missing is lower than the chance of me screwing up dair>rest... and pretty much if they're at a percentage where sing will be of use, chances are rest is ready to KO (and if not, they're close enough where you should be able to beat up on them a little more before trying out this strategy)

tEhrXXz0r

Smash Journeyman
why would you dair>rest when sing generally is only useful at the percentages that rest will already kill at? it would actually be MORE risky to add a dair, i think (because it's easy to screw up the combination).
You are absolutely right about that. Dair to Rest after a Sing is only supposed to be used when your opponent is at mid percentages (for when your opponent's percentage is too low for a single Rest to kill; the Dair adds to their percentage, thus they are now at a percentage where Rest DOES kill). Sorry I did not clarify that.

Top Bottom