• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

interesting turnip glitch?

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
has no use, i found this out on my own a while back, it's actually killed me a couple of times when I was trying to DI and I had a turnip in my hand.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I remember this. I found this out back in 2009 or late 08. I told Marc and he worked on figuring it out how it is done.

I totally forgot about this. This is really good to bait air dodges if one is over you. Mindgame material. Thanks for bringing this up.

lloDownedu74

Smash Ace
Yeah, I've seen this a lot before... Usually it only happens to me on brinstar, but it (obviously) works everywhere. I see no use besides 1) looking cool, and 2) faking out. faking out isnt too great of a use, because im not sure of your opponent looks at peach herself or an incoming turnip to determine how to react

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Huh, landing just before it reaches the throw event. Very interesting. I don't really see that much of an application for it, but it will probably have its very situational uses.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I think it can see some use - similar to the float hop thing. Easy weird **** like this is always good to throw into your playstyle.

How exactly do you perform? Just utoss right before landing?

-RedShadow

Smash Ace
the way i did it: just ff from a float and uptoss during the ff

in other words, from float: ff+uptoss in unison. you have to time it so that she starts the toss right as she lands

timing is mad tricky

also:

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Yea as people have said this is old, can't remember who brought it up though

Offers no protection, Turnip in hand so people are going to be more cautious with their spacing and it puts you in around 30 frames of lag?

I think I'll just reverse Glide Toss the Turnip thanks

C.S. Dinah

Smash Champion
I did that once when I had a stichface. I unintetionally not throw the turnip upwards, it made my opponent airdodge. Then I threw it for real and got a kill.

/mindgameslol

Top Bottom