• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Interesting Thing with Popgun Cancel

Player-1

Smash Legend
Probably been discovered but to raise awareness of it I'll post it. First off, if it hasn't been discovered then don't assume I discovered this because I got this from someone by the name of ADHD from AiB (I'm pretty sure that is Chrome pirate here on smashboards)

First thing you need to know is that you can cancel the popgun by shielding or airdodge if your in the air while charging it, but it only works for the first few seconds you get. You can also glidetoss from this.

The interesting thing I saw from this was that you can jump and charge your popgun (different direction for mindgames) and Z throw (not z drop, well you can but just emphasizing the throw) in the opposite directions. I think this could be an interesting thing to test out in actual matches, as I see plenty of potential mindgame ability in it.

Ceph

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1805-2306-4996
Not all THAT useful, honestly...but it DOES make sense that that would work.

You want new? Try the two techs I discovered ALL BY MYSELF yaaa they're cool for pullin out 'naners offstage! I could tell you...but I don't think ye be worthy of totin' such knowledge...
naaa I just wanted to write a secret massage lol

:chuckle:

IDK

Smash Lord
lol ceph lame. we can see it. you're supposed to highlight it in black lol. i like this. chrome. add me (bigmack209) on AiB

pastaboy

Smash Champion
ye i started usign this a while back.

it works perfectly on characters with no projectiles, u spam the peanut gun with a nana in your hand then when they r about to aproch you, charge it, then cancel it to a glide toss. werks like a charm

ZSdK

Smash Cadet
Probably been discovered but to raise awareness of it I'll post it. First off, if it hasn't been discovered then don't assume I discovered this because I got this from someone by the name of ADHD from AiB (I'm pretty sure that is Chrome pirate here on smashboards)

First thing you need to know is that you can cancel the popgun by shielding or airdodge if your in the air while charging it, but it only works for the first few seconds you get. You can also glidetoss from this.

The interesting thing I saw from this was that you can jump and charge your popgun (different direction for mindgames) and Z throw (not z drop, well you can but just emphasizing the throw) in the opposite directions. I think this could be an interesting thing to test out in actual matches, as I see plenty of potential mindgame ability in it.
I was doing this in our most recent dittos lol nice.

TreK

Is "that guy"
Indeed, nice lol
I knew about the gt cancelling the peanut (with NL's vids if I remember) but i didn't know about z throwing it, it should be good lol
I guess z dropping works too ?

Player-1

Smash Legend
@pasta: No, I'm not talking about glide tossing it, I'm talking about throwing it in the air while still charging your popgun. Example would be to jump backwards (with your back away from your opponent) and charge it for mindgames and then throw it at him backwards.

@ZSDK: Not exactly, what you would do was charge the popgun until you landed on the ground then glide toss, you never threw it while in the air

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
So, I tried this on the finals at Hobo 12, didn't work to well. I gotta maybe try a grounded charged peanut shot, into backwards glide toss down for some tricks.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
With the peanut popgun cancel, no matter how lightly I press it, Diddy always goes straight into an air dodge unlike how Samus and Donkey Kong could retain their normal aerial stance from lightly canceling their charging. I assume there is no way for Diddy to do the same, because I worry that if I popgun-cancel mid-air, it'll leave me open once the air dodge animation ends in which my opponent can quickly react to a falling air dodge.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
With the peanut popgun cancel, no matter how lightly I press it, Diddy always goes straight into an air dodge unlike how Samus and Donkey Kong could retain their normal aerial stance from lightly canceling their charging. I assume there is no way for Diddy to do the same, because I worry that if I popgun-cancel mid-air, it'll leave me open once the air dodge animation ends in which my opponent can quickly react to a falling air dodge.
It's not how softly you hit L/R, it's how quickly after starting the charge that matters.
If you wait too long to cancel the charge, he'll air dodge.

Top Bottom