• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Interesting japanese site with character predictions

StarshipGroove

Smash Journeyman
Found it on Gamefaqs. It can give us a good view of Japan's taste and biases compared to ours.
It even has a list of possible bosses! And even if you don't care it's worth checking, if only for the kick*** fanart :grin:
http://ikusaba.ifdef.jp/x/index.htm

Among other things, check Black Shadow's likelyhood :O

NukeA6

Smash Master
That's all the replies? This has got to be the best prediction site I've seen.

Aki-toriko

Smash Apprentice
That must be a really old site, seeing as how Deoxys and Samurai Goro are there. Still thats a character selection I would heartily endorse, and the artwork is fantastic (loving podgy Ganon:laugh:)

StarshipGroove

Smash Journeyman
The Site is old but it is updated: in the character selection screen the confirmed characters are in a yellow box, those deconfirmed in a green box, and I don't know why Ridley is in a red box.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
Wonderful find. I'm sure Sakurai checks fan sites for inspiration (it just makes since, he wants to please the people). So this list might clue us in on who could be in. Stafy and Ridley's on it, yay!

tirkaro

Smash Champion
wow, they actually predicted bridge of eldin right 0_0. right down to the whole teleportation thing 0_0.

but anyway, thats the greatest takamaru fanart I've seen :D. and the japanese really like black shadow 0_o

D

Deleted member

I would kinda like that.

However, it does prove that some suggestions, whilst inheirantly popular (Samurai, Deoxys) won't be playable, and others we never thought of (Pokemon Trainer?) will.

Brawl will be weird, make no mistakes.

Zhilo

Smash Apprentice
Hmm... they have Geno in the main page, but not in the character profiles. Guess they expect him to be an Assist Trophy. Seems they also see Waluigi as a possible character, wich is a rather touchy subject here.

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
Hmm Darkrai is an interesting Pokemon choice.. I prefer Lucario or Blaziken.
Krystal, Wolf, Ridley, Lucas, Dark Samus, Ganondorf (TP), WW Link, Midna, Black Shadow, Black Knight, King Dedede, and King K Rool I also agree with.

YosterDragon

Smash Apprentice
Dude, that's pretty darn cool. That's a worthy Brawl roster if I've ever seen one. I'm not really an Earthbound/Mother fan, but I really dig Mask Man...cybernetic arm cannon + sword = win!

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Hmm... they have Geno in the main page, but not in the character profiles. Guess they expect him to be an Assist Trophy. Seems they also see Waluigi as a possible character, wich is a rather touchy subject here.
Geno's on the next page

Click on the Japanese text after Charactor Select

And I find it out that they have Mother 3 characters but:

a young Pokey and not the old one

How do you do spoiler tags

Edit: Nevermind :grin:

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Geno's on the next page:
Ham, didn't see the next page, though they don't have those red percentage bars (which I presume indicate their estimated chances) like the ones on the first page. Geno looks frikkin bad *** though.

Not too surprising, the Mother 3 characters reflect the fact that the game was very received there, and I think I heard somewhere that Black Shadow was supposedly fairly popular over there (probably due to his voice actor). Fe initially surprised me due to the lack of Japan only lords like Sigurd, especially with several Japan only character there, but Ike and Black Knight aren't that surprising, though I'm a little surprised that Micaiah was there, but the characters do seem to be very GoD centered.

I am a little surprised that Lucario is there though, as I was under the impression that his popularity had dropped a little in Japan recently. Dark Samus is also odd seeing as I didn't Japan liked the prime series that much. Does anyone know who that Mouse character is, I gather he's from kirby's series, but I haven't seen him mentioned before.

Overall though, I'd be pretty happy with most of those newcomers, though did anyone else notice the lack of 3rd party suggestions?

Crayola

Smash Cadet
I am a little surprised that Lucario is there though, as I was under the impression that his popularity had dropped a little in Japan recently. Dark Samus is also odd seeing as I didn't Japan liked the prime series that much. Does anyone know who that Mouse character is, I gather he's from kirby's series, but I haven't seen him mentioned before.
Yup, he's the villain of the Squeak Squad, Kirby's main antagonists in the game of the same name.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Well, I used a web translator to find out what these people are saying about the characters. I will repost the gyst of what they write (based on a loose, electronic translation and my making sense of the garbled text).

Waluigi: He first appeared in Mario Tennis 64 and serves as both Wario's partner and Luigi's rival. Waluigi is taller and thinner than his counterpart (Luigi), likewise bearing an inverted "L"--which resembles the capital gamma symbol--on both his cap and glove. They go on to state that his probability is debatable because he was not originally created by Nintendo (Hudson created him). They do note, however, his high popularity, especially his female support(?). 25% chance.

Bowser Jr.: It is debated as to whether BJ truly is Bowser's son or if the little guy just THINKS that Bowser is his daddy. They mention his participation in SMS as the Shadow Mario doppelganger who stole Peach. Also mentioned is the likelihood of his using the infamous paintbrush. Because Bowser is strong, they expect Bowser Jr. to have speed instead. They also go on to say that his chances are higher now with the advent of Delfino Plaza serving as a stage. 55% chance.

Lucario: He first appeared in a Pokémon movie, which directly preceded his inclusion in Diamond/Pearl. Lucario is a Fighting/Steel type, clocking in at 1.2 m and 54.0 kg. He is very perceptive; Lucario can empathize, utilize telepathy, and speak as well. They also mention his importance in the movie and the fact that Cynthia (the D/P Champion) has Lucario on her team. 100% chance.

Those are just a few. It's such a neat site, though! :grin:

lumpey

Smash Rookie
ridley is also in the boss section. they're sayin that ridley might be too big (3.7m) to be in brawl, though he can be resized, just like kirby (20cm:ohwell:). they also say that he WILL be in 100% in some form. (prolly boss)
as for geno, its not in "the next page", its "in the page for characters that has low % to be in brawl" thats why they dont even have red bars, cuz it would be "too chaos" lol thats what they say.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
They do note, however, his high popularity, especially his female support(?). 25% chance.
What? Waluigi has a strong female support? I'd have thought he'd be one of the last characters to have that. I also thought it was Camelot that made him, not Hudson.

Still, nice work Aeris.

Crayola said:
Yup, he's the villain of the Squeak Squad, Kirby's main antagonists in the game of the same name.
Huh. Squeak Squad sounds a little familiar, but I can't say I'm that knowledgeable on the kirby series. Thanks for the info.

Edit :
lumpey said:
as for geno, its not in "the next page", its "in the page for characters that has low % to be in brawl" thats why they dont even have red bars, cuz it would be "too chaos" lol thats what they say.
I wondered if that was the case, they did generally seem to be less likely characters.

StarshipGroove

Smash Journeyman
Tingle's profile says that, in some countries, people hate him so much that they create "die Tingle! Die!" campaigns. lol
I guess they do give some weight to our picks.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
What? Waluigi has a strong female support? I'd have thought he'd be one of the last characters to have that. I also thought it was Camelot that made him, not Hudson.

Still, nice work Aeris.
Whoops! That's what I meant, I just had a brian lapse. Forgive me! :laugh:

I wish Systran worked on my Mac. Their translations are always a lot better and easier to understand. :ohwell:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
They have Geno and Sukapon....instant I like

It has Samurai Goro and Deoxys though...it fails...

Reyairia

Smash Champion
What? Waluigi has a strong female support? I'd have thought he'd be one of the last characters to have that.
He's an antihero, but unlike Wario, Waluigi's not overweight. Girls always flock towards those characters. No exceptions, seriously, I mean NO exceptions, no matter how ugly they are; I've seen some really ****ed up things out there. One of them has even made me scream out loud.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
He's an antihero, but unlike Wario, Waluigi's not overweight. Girls always flock towards those characters. No exceptions, seriously, I mean NO exceptions, no matter how ugly they are; I've seen some really ****ed up things out there. One of them has even made me scream out loud.
I highly doubt girls flock toward Waluigi....

nuro

Smash Lord
Whoops! That's what I meant, I just had a brian lapse. Forgive me! :laugh:

I wish Systran worked on my Mac. Their translations are always a lot better and easier to understand. :ohwell:
I would hate to know what translation Mac can use if Systran is a lot better and easier to understand...

Systran said:
In beginning
This page is the contents "of same mind of the battlefield".
Here, we do the expectation of the new work software "large scuffle スマッシƒ…ブラザーズ for Wii which X" this year is sold.
Because you make know to the one which you do not know it is the place where it made in order, we would like you to look at those which those which have been known compared to are not known is.
The majority does with intention of the curator, but even with other one you expecting with the chat bulletin board and the like, it does not care.
While with being good, because the curator this year is taking an examination, renewal speed that is thought whether it becomes tend to become slow.
In regard to this point, please acknowledge.
By the way, because the expectation related to other companies we have not gone, please acknowledge beforehand.

Icarus Descent

Smash Ace
what front page says..:.This page is the contents "of same mind of the battlefield".
Here, we do the expectation of the new work software "large scuffle ƒ… for Wii which X" this year is sold.
Because you make know to the one which you do not know it is the place where it made in order, we would like you to look at those which those which have been known compared to are not known is.
The majority does with intention of the curator, but even with other one you expecting with the chat bulletin board and the like, it does not care.
While with being good, because the curator this year is taking an examination, renewal speed that is thought whether it becomes tend to become slow.
In regard to this point, please acknowledge.
By the way, because the expectation related to other companies we have not gone, please acknowledge beforehand.

Renewal past record

Net announcement Tokyo moving Diet supplies Interior professional school

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Ew Waluigi.

But hey.. If Isaac gets in I couldn't care less.

BUM163

Smash Lord
ok so deoxys is automatic rule out cuz hez a pokemon that comes out the pokeball?how about when mewtwo comes out?not only that ya don't know if at least one assist trophy can actually b a character just like how mewtwo is.i say wait till the game comes out cuz sakurai is 2 good 2 guess him out.

Top Bottom