• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Interesting japanese site with character predictions

Doc Chronic

Smash Ace
I disagree. Tingle has a very high chance, especially since lately he's gotten his own games.
how can you disagree with something he hopes for? he didn't say Tingle wasn't getting in, didn't even say he hated tingle (even though most americans do), he just HOPES he doesn't make the cut. I too hope he doesn't make it, leave the char slot open for a more deserving LoZ character

Reyairia

Smash Champion
how can you disagree with something he hopes for? he didn't say Tingle wasn't getting in, didn't even say he hated tingle (even though most americans do), he just HOPES he doesn't make the cut. I too hope he doesn't make it, leave the char slot open for a more deserving LoZ character
I apologize, and I misread the opinion. I thought he said that he agreed that everyone would get in except for Tingle.
Tingle is the most deserving character. I'm not a fan of his either, and I'd rather play as Vaati, Midna or Skull Kid, but Tingle is next in line after the triforce three. He is the most obvious character after them.

Oldskool

Smash Journeyman
I apologize, and I misread the opinion. I thought he said that he agreed that everyone would get in except for Tingle.
Tingle is the most deserving character. I'm not a fan of his either, and I'd rather play as Vaati, Midna or Skull Kid, but Tingle is next in line after the triforce three. He is the most obvious character after them.
They probably aren't going to be expanding franchises that are already in the game that much. other wise the unlocked characters would be 2/3rds from the same old series we've been getting for the past 2 games, which I doubt will be the case. They will probably stop with Link, Zelda, Ganondorf Sheik, and THEN WW Link (Who is wanted more than Tingle who didn't even appear on the list of characters SAKURAI found interesting, which accounts to more than a fan site with some pretty un-subjective predictions).

Reyairia

Smash Champion
They probably aren't going to be expanding franchises that are already in the game that much. other wise the unlocked characters would be 2/3rds from the same old series we've been getting for the past 2 games, which I doubt will be the case. They will probably stop with Link, Zelda, Ganondorf Sheik, and THEN WW Link (Who is wanted more than Tingle who didn't even appear on the list of characters SAKURAI found interesting, which accounts to more than a fan site with some pretty un-subjective predictions).
Tingle has his own franchise now. He can easily account for it both ways as the most important LoZ character after the triforce three, and a character from his own games. Plus Sakurai doesn't have to mention it, Tingle is very popular among the Nintendo staff, and they're currently trying very hard to improve his image among the public. What better way than with Brawl?

http://gonintendo.com/?p=24517

Oldskool

Smash Journeyman
Tingle has his own franchise now. He can easily account for it both ways as the most important LoZ character after the triforce three, and a character from his own games. Plus Sakurai doesn't have to mention it, Tingle is very popular among the Nintendo staff, and they're currently trying very hard to improve his image among the public. What better way than with Brawl?

http://gonintendo.com/?p=24517
I'm pretty sure they wouldn't waste time creating a Brawl character series JUST for him... He can't be compared to Yoshi. Who is WELL LIKED EVERYWHERE. They do know he is hated in other places, otherwise we would get Rupy Land.

chkenparm

Smash Cadet
Conker hasn't been represented yet, he's been in 3 games, haven't really heard anyone mention him.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure they wouldn't waste time creating a Brawl character series JUST for him... He can't be compared to Yoshi. Who is WELL LIKED EVERYWHERE. They do know he is hated in other places, otherwise we would get Rupy Land.
Please stop bringing this "Well liked everywhere bit" just because Sakurai said Japan suggestions aren't going to be the only thing he's taking into consideration; it seems like people are like "Well if the majority of us don't like them outside of Japan he shouldn't be in"

Well I hate to break it to you but; Sonic's fanbase isn't that huge in Japan so going by what your saying since Japan doesn't like him as much as countries outside of it he shouldn't be in the game.

Also I could bring up that Japan doesn't like Ridley as much as people do in the US. So should Ridley be excluded because he doesn't have a WORLD-WIDE APPEAL?

Tingle is so popular in Japan I wouldn't be surprised at all if he made it in as a playable character.

-Knight

Reyairia

Smash Champion
I don't see why not, they did it with the Ice Climbers and G&W in Melee. I don't see why they wouldn't bring it back up in Brawl, especially with more character slots.
Anything else, I have to thank Kirby knight for saying.

Oldskool

Smash Journeyman
Please stop bringing this "Well liked everywhere bit" just because Sakurai said Japan suggestions aren't going to be the only thing he's taking into consideration; it seems like people are like "Well if the majority of us don't like them outside of Japan he shouldn't be in"

Well I hate to break it to you but; Sonic's fanbase isn't that huge in Japan so going by what your saying since Japan doesn't like him as much as countries outside of it he shouldn't be in the game.

Also I could bring up that Japan doesn't like Ridley as much as people do in the US. So should Ridley be excluded because he doesn't have a WORLD-WIDE APPEAL?

Tingle is so popular in Japan I wouldn't be surprised at all if he made it in as a playable character.

-Knight
That's why they will be in the game BUT NOT playable. THAT'S my point. Save Sonic who I feel (The way they are pumping Sonic and Mario Olympics) won't even appear in Brawl.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
That's why they will be in the game BUT NOT playable. THAT'S my point. Save Sonic who I feel (The way they are pumping Sonic and Mario Olympics) won't even appear in Brawl.
Still in doubt, Tingle is very prominent, I doubt he won't be a playable character.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Ridley is popular in Japan.

Ridley has been defended.

Ridley for Brawl.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Ridley is popular in Japan.

Ridley has been defended.

Ridley for Brawl.
Did you even read what I said? I was comparing the U.S Ridley fanbase with the JPN fanbase. The U.S fanbase of Ridley and the Metriod series is greater in the U.S. than in Japan. I never said he wasn't popular in Japan.

-Knight

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Did you even read what I said? I was comparing the U.S Ridley fanbase with the JPN fanbase. The U.S fanbase of Ridley and the Metriod series is greater in the U.S. than in Japan. I never said he wasn't popular in Japan.

-Knight
Hmmm, then it would seem that I phail. I guess "So should Ridley be excluded because he doesn't have a WORLD-WIDE APPEAL?" made it sound as though you didn't think he was popular world-wide to me. :ohwell: Just a misunderstanding.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Hmmm, then it would seem that I phail. I guess "So should Ridley be excluded because he doesn't have a WORLD-WIDE APPEAL?" made it sound as though you didn't think he was popular world-wide to me. :ohwell: Just a misunderstanding.
Sorry I wasn't clearer. I was making a comparison between Redley and Tingle. Just because a character doesn't have the same appeal status as another doesn't mean he shouldn't be in the game if he has a reasonable fanbase(as well as being an important character in the game; his own franchise etc).

-Knight

NukeA6

Smash Master
That site fails for giving Lucario a 100% average and for giving Waluigi a percentage that isn't in the negative regions
Actually, you fail for believing Lucario is 100% confirmed. There have been no hints for him unlike Ganondorf and Krystal and he has no importance to the Pokemon games other than a large fanbase.

Don't get me wrong, I do think Lucario will make it in Brawl but your post is failure.

The site now has an English (Engrish?? Nah, I'm just being mean) page put up, in case you haven't noticed.
Really? That's great! :)

LeadPenguin

Smash Cadet
Now, is this site collaborative or just one guy? Because everyone's acting like this site speaks for all of Japan. Because for all I can gather out of that site it's just some kid that knows how to shade his drawings in Photoshop, not the collective consciousness of all-knowing Japan.

If I'm wrong I will totally redact everything I just said.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
Oh God I'm going to have nightmares if that's going to be the brawl roaster. I swear I hate half the people on it.Only ones I do like on it are Midna, Wolf&Krystal, Micaiah (I Think thats how her name is spelt). I really don't like lucario, king k. rool, the other samus, ridley, tingle, and the wierd guy wih the demented helmet in the background. The rest are already in or I dont care..

EDIT: Lol nvm, there are more characters than that of the fan art S:

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
I would agree on the art being good part. That's one of my favorite parts of the website. :D

Aside from that, I really hope some of these predictions are true. Micaiah chance is at least 75 percent. That would surely be a dream come true. The other thing I love about it is the fact that Midna's chances are at least 60 percent-ish.

I'm not really sure who runs this site, what they run it off, or why they decided to predict this, but I really hope they are right for some things... and wrong for others..

Top Bottom