• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Interesting 'Facts' 2.0

LittleKey

Smash Cadet
this article: http://www.sexwork.com/family/dolphins1.html is quite disturbing...however i must say the way the author phrases it makes it seem moreso odd than disturbing. Props to the writer i guess. but still the idea makes me cringe inside

fact(? not sure where I heard this, but it sounds right)

New Jersey and California have the highest concentration of competitive ssb64 players in the USA.
That's really weird. Also, most people will swallow an average of 8 spiders in their sleep throughout their lifetime.

Sporkman

Smash Ace
- Women have 2 different types of orgasms, clitoral and ******l.

False.
Actually they have 6. Clitoral which is the most common, ******l, a pillow under her when in the good ole missionary gets the most receptive angle for this, Blended, a combo of the two previous, Active, Sequential, more than once in a session and Multiple, which is a wave of joy - for her, of course.

espio87 said:
"Kangaroo" means "I don't understand you" in the native australian language: Captain James Cook and naturalist Sir Joseph Banks were exploring Australia when they happened upon the animal. They asked a nearby local what the creatures were called. The local responded "Kangaroo", meaning "I don't understand you", which Cook took to be the name of the creature.

False.
In bukanji it means 'horse'. In 18th century Austrailia, before it was filled with our criminals, there were around 700 aboriginal tribes speaking 250 seperate languages. It comes the guugu yimidhirr language from some tribe in Austrailia that resided in Botany Bay and it was first heard on Cook's expedition in 1770. When european settlers went there 18 years later having already learnt the word, they landed in a different place, so they proudly used this word to the locals, who had never heard the word before because they spoke a different language, so the locals took this as an animal they had never seen before, so when they first saw a horse they thought that's what a kangaroo was.

The Spanish general and political leader Ramón Blanco y Erenas, when asked by a priest on his death bed, “Do you forgive your enemies?”, said “No, I have no enemies, I’ve had them all shot.”

Steven Russell, a murderer who had also set up other murders, escaped from prison using just a green felt tip pen. He coloured his white overalls green and claimed he was a doctor.

An Italian escaped using just Dental Floss in 2000, in Turin, by sawing through the bars with the floss.

Chinese 'slang' for an american means "lovely country person", the term for someone from the UK is "hero country person".

The first computer ever to beat a Grandmaster at chess is working for United Airlines as a reservation clerk. Mind they are only using part of it. It spotted a trap in the si game which the player said it could only of seen by thinking creatively.

Aside from the Maiden puns earlier, the number of the beast is 616, now that's probably already been said so I will add that a bus company in Moscow renamed it's route 666 to route 616. As if that wasn;t enough, all the numbers on a roulette wheel add up to 666. Finally, 25.80698 is the square root of the beast, aka, the route of all evil.

I made a new avatar of a Guybrush Threepwood voodoo doll from the Monkey Island cover. However, voodoo has never involved sticking pins into dolls. That would be European witchcraft.

There are two words in the english language that rhyme with purple and one with silver. They are Hurple, Curple and Chilver respectively.

Buddhism was founded in India, Buddha was Indian, but the religion is not one of the four main religions of the country. In order they are Hinduism, Islam, Christianity and Sikhism.

Sigmund Freud wasn't a psychologist.

The British invented Champagne.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
one we never ansered
True: Ram pressure is responsible for the majority of the burning that affects meteorites. Friction plays only a very minor role.

However, it is not asteroids that we're talking about, it's meteorites. If an asteroid were falling from the sky we'd be in serious trouble!

LittleKey

Smash Cadet
False. Already disproved in this thread.

False.
Actually they have 6. Clitoral which is the most common, ******l, a pillow under her when in the good ole missionary gets the most receptive angle for this, Blended, a combo of the two previous, Active, Sequential, more than once in a session and Multiple, which is a wave of joy - for her, of course.

False.
In bukanji it means 'horse'. In 18th century Austrailia, before it was filled with our criminals, there were around 700 aboriginal tribes speaking 250 seperate languages. It comes the guugu yimidhirr language from some tribe in Austrailia that resided in Botany Bay and it was first heard on Cook's expedition in 1770. When european settlers went there 18 years later having already learnt the word, they landed in a different place, so they proudly used this word to the locals, who had never heard the word before because they spoke a different language, so the locals took this as an animal they had never seen before, so when they first saw a horse they thought that's what a kangaroo was.

The Spanish general and political leader Ramón Blanco y Erenas, when asked by a priest on his death bed, “Do you forgive your enemies?”, said “No, I have no enemies, I’ve had them all shot.”

Steven Russell, a murderer who had also set up other murders, escaped from prison using just a green felt tip pen. He coloured his white overalls green and claimed he was a doctor.

An Italian escaped using just Dental Floss in 2000, in Turin, by sawing through the bars with the floss.

Chinese 'slang' for an american means "lovely country person", the term for someone from the UK is "hero country person".

The first computer ever to beat a Grandmaster at chess is working for United Airlines as a reservation clerk. Mind they are only using part of it. It spotted a trap in the si game which the player said it could only of seen by thinking creatively.

Aside from the Maiden puns earlier, the number of the beast is 616, now that's probably already been said so I will add that a bus company in Moscow renamed it's route 666 to route 616. As if that wasn;t enough, all the numbers on a roulette wheel add up to 666. Finally, 25.80698 is the square root of the beast, aka, the route of all evil.

I made a new avatar of a Guybrush Threepwood voodoo doll from the Monkey Island cover. However, voodoo has never involved sticking pins into dolls. That would be European witchcraft.

There are two words in the english language that rhyme with purple and one with silver. They are Hurple, Curple and Chilver respectively.

Buddhism was founded in India, Buddha was Indian, but the religion is not one of the four main religions of the country. In order they are Hinduism, Islam, Christianity and Sikhism.

Sigmund Freud wasn't a psychologist.

The British invented Champagne.
I bow to your impressive intelligence.

Sporkman

Smash Ace
Fun fact: SandTiger was originally known as FrankFly. Not interesting? Oh, in that case, Grapevine told me that he asked for passwords to admin accounts after SWF was hacked.

antimatter

Smash Lord
oxygen is what ages us, because enough of any element is poison. i read this in national geographic.

Jellybelly

Smash Ace
Possible censoring

The largest amount of semen swallowed by a person was 1.6 litres.

The woman had to have her stomach pumped...(PLEASE don't ask me how i know this.)

Kirbykares

Smash Cadet
Sigmund Freud was afraid of ferns.

Sea cucumbers can squirt out their guts to scare away predators.

Male lions sleep for up to 20 hours a day.

It takes a giraffe half an hour to get from a laying down position to a standing up one.

MysticKenji

Smash Master
"The average child will eat 1,500 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches by the he/she graduates from high school." (My current record: 0.00000000)

"The word 'News' is actually an acronym standing for the 4 cardinal compass points - North, East, West, and South"

"Contrary to popular belief, the first ironclad warships were built by Korea in the 16th century."

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
Whoa, the last post in this thread before its revival was on my birthday.

I think it'd be great if this thread came back, though I'm not sure how much time I could dedicate to fact-checking right now.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Jeremy Bentham, a British philosopher who died in 1832,left his entire estate to the London Hospital provided that his body be allowed to preside over its board meetings. His skeleton was clothed and fitted with a wax mask of his face. It was present at the meeting for 92 years.

I totally stole that from a website, but Wikiepedia seemed to back it up, so eh.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
Sir Arthur Conan Doyle used to give lectures about the afterlife that were so convincing that several people who listened to the lectures actually killed themselves so they could get their faster.

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord
Sir Arthur Conan Doyle used to give lectures about the afterlife that were so convincing that several people who listened to the lectures actually killed themselves so they could get their faster.
i dont know if what pit said was true or not but

The acids in our stomach are strong enough to dissolve razorblades. Now don't go out and try this, but its all thanks to hydrochloric acid.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Possible censoring

The largest amount of semen swallowed by a person was 1.6 litres.

The woman had to have her stomach pumped...(PLEASE don't ask me how i know this.)
Don't be lame, this is just one of those generic "facts" you get sent on MySpace and others, it's often said about celebrities too, mostly rockers who are/have been said to be gay and/or dabble in homosexuality (David Bowie, Elton John, Mick Jagger, etc.). That way, people actually listen because it is so "shocking" that some influential/popular artist had that happen to them. I remember reading about this Snopes earlier this year, see?

-The last time John Lennon and Paul McCartney performed together was actually 1974 with the release of their bootleg album "A Toot and a Snore in '74", not in the studio shortly before the Beatles' breakup like most people think/figure. I really did know about this before, but I'll save the fact-checkers the trouble, as Wikipedia and BootlegZone back me up.

Konpaku

Smash Journeyman
Disneyland is popular for having peoples loved ones ashes spread throughout the rides although it is prohibited and illegal. its hard for them to enforce.

Im glad this thread is back =)

Top Bottom