• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Insane Triumph 1, Houston TX Jul. 10 2010

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Did you see the Intimikill videos? They all sucked horribly. Except IHSB lol he was legit.

And yes that's what I meant lol let the jokes rip =P

Broly

Smash Lord
but sometimes you gotta talk big even if you can't back it up.
that kind of thinking only shows your inferority and lack of respect. its fun to trash talk, but only if comes from some1 who can back it up. its disappointing otherwise.

dilling

Smash Apprentice
that kind of thinking only shows your inferority and lack of respect. its fun to trash talk, but only if comes from some1 who can back it up. its disappointing otherwise.
I know that I can't back it up. I'm trying to get them to come. It's not like I'm completely incompetent when it comes to both life and smash. I recognize that they are most likely better than I am, and therefore I wish for them to attend this tournament so that I can get better. Most smash players play in tournaments because they like to compete and show everyone how good they are, just like any other competitive event. When they feel that their skill is being compromised or mocked, they usually show up to prove themselves to their detractors.

That is the only reason that I was trash talking: to get people from other regions and states here.

D

Deleted member

haha. i just watched you lose to lee when he was in his melee funk. he came back to la after that tournament and lost to the other top players in a tourney. he goes in and out of melee, going from winning tournaments, to losing and quitting for a while. he's a brawl player that happens to be good at melee but a lot of times he lets his skill decline because he only plays brawl. currently hes playing really well so i hope he comes with us, but when he beat you he was not. i find that really funny. i have no idea who you are but we got respect from crystal city, bluezaft, and the rest of san antonio a long time ago.
i just think its funny when people talk **** about a situation that they have no idea about.

Sybawave: mm 10$?

D

Deleted member

i really dont have interest in mming people unless they insult me. id rather play friendlies that are stress free. dont think that i dont know what im doing though. thats just my style. if you really want a mm just start talking ****.
i have a lot of pride but im usually laid back. especially since melee is so old. i lost my need to prove that im good without someone egging me on.

Jake13

Smash Lord
i lost my need to prove that im good without someone egging me on.
Honestly I just wanted your money. Prolly better you don't mm and save it for more tourney events ;)

And broly: done deal homie 3/5 normal rules five bucks my falco your marth

dilling

Smash Apprentice
I think that we should probably get a preliminary head count from each region. If you guys could collaborate amongst yourselves and then post a number and, if you wish, names, it would be greatly appreciated. Of course, it doesn't really matter if you just show up the day of either...the more the merrier in this case.

The_Smash_Champ

Banned via Warnings
Somebody better make sure Ronnie comes to this... I'll mm him Marth vs. Fox too, so his entrace will mostly be free..
Are you and Dereck gona team? lol i dont wana team with Ankur, he screwed us up last time, and he hasnt played in a while. Lol he is so lazy when it comes to this. It would be funny to team with Jay XD. Yeah but Houstons only hope on becoming good is next semester at UH, Syba and Oscar better be there.

dilling

Smash Apprentice
Luciano. LEARN MY NAME!!!

I was hoping to team with Chris. I do enjoy double Sheik, but if not, I'll be looking for a teammate, Luciano. Plus I talked to Ankur two days ago and he said he wasn't sure if he was going to that camp. Have you heard differently?

Yeah, Von said he'd be there, and I'm pretty sure Oscar will be back (but I'm not really in the loop on that one so...).

D

Deleted member

3-5 from louisiana. a small possibility that alot more people would come like the second tier players if they took their own cars. 10 at most id say but the chance is slim. ill let you know when i know for certain.

"Honestly I just wanted your money. Prolly better you don't mm and save it for more tourney events "

$5 it is then. im so easily provoked.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
You should actually clarify the tournament rules that you want lol since the rules apparently just keep getting worse and worse xD ie. Pound 4 <.<

Stop johnning and come to this Tarzan lol

valgar2900

Smash Journeyman
johnin lol dont know how to do that. i would if it wasnt on that weekend.

u want me to miss the biggest fightin game tourney of the year for a melee tourney that maybe get 50 ppl? besides mango might be at evo i rather play the best person in world. :D

D

Deleted member

evo world does not have smash so idk....

and sure. i dont play puff or peach or any other weird/gay char (ice climbers, samus for that catagory maybe?)

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Mango is terrible. He needs to quit and go get arrested again.

And yeah I didn't think that it had Melee <_< I don't remember hearing any hype about it at least lol all I know is Aphex xD

StoneColdBeast

Smash Cadet
Are you and Dereck gona team? lol i dont wana team with Ankur, he screwed us up last time, and he hasnt played in a while. Lol he is so lazy when it comes to this. It would be funny to team with Jay XD. Yeah but Houstons only hope on becoming good is next semester at UH, Syba and Oscar better be there.
Yeah, I was going to double Sheik with Derek again. If not we can Sheik/Falcon.

Jake13

Smash Lord
Taylor: aight cool my falco v your non weird character lol can't wait

this tourney should be tons o fun

all of tx + la + maybe ok

hmm anyone talk to ok at all?

dilling

Smash Apprentice
Yeah. I posted this thread's link and told them about in their 'Official Oklahoma Thread'. Got some people interested, but there might be a better place to tell them. Just give me a heads up if you know a better way to get a hold of them. I check the OK and LA thread daily to see if there's any feedback about this, so I have a pretty good idea of who'll be there.

Gigi

Smash Cadet
I believe this tournament will be Insanely Triumphant. I'll try to get Boomstick to convince me to go

notGigi. ~pootTheBox~

The_Smash_Champ

Banned via Warnings
Luciano. LEARN MY NAME!!!

I was hoping to team with Chris. I do enjoy double Sheik, but if not, I'll be looking for a teammate, Luciano. Plus I talked to Ankur two days ago and he said he wasn't sure if he was going to that camp. Have you heard differently?

Yeah, Von said he'd be there, and I'm pretty sure Oscar will be back (but I'm not really in the loop on that one so...).
Come on man ima Engineer, not a writer. Ug i havent talked to Anks in a while, even though he lives on my same street lol. Ima try to bring richard and Jay as well. Il make Ankur come, hes my pet fox!!

Top Bottom