• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

INNsomnia V Biweeklies - Memphis, TN - Next: Mar 10th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
Congrats to Nite (again), and way to go Chad getting second. Wish I could have gone.

Anyway, I'd like to take this oppurtunity to announce that I'm not playing SSBM (or any video games for that matter) anymore. I hope that doesn't have to be the case by the time Brawl comes out, but it really has to be right now. I had a great time with all of you, especially my (now ex, I guess?) crewmates, and I hope someone takes my place to give people Samus training for INNV and other big upcoming tournaments. I'll probably not be contactable by any online methods for at least the next 3-4 months, and please don't bother calling my home phone if you know it.

Peace.

Handorin

Smash Hero
This saddens me. You were the only one willing to drive out here to play smash (besides my crew).

Peace Jack. =(

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
Congrats to Nite (again), and way to go Chad getting second. Wish I could have gone.

Anyway, I'd like to take this oppurtunity to announce that I'm not playing SSBM (or any video games for that matter) anymore. I hope that doesn't have to be the case by the time Brawl comes out, but it really has to be right now. I had a great time with all of you, especially my (now ex, I guess?) crewmates, and I hope someone takes my place to give people Samus training for INNV and other big upcoming tournaments. I'll probably not be contactable by any online methods for at least the next 3-4 months, and please don't bother calling my home phone if you know it.

Peace.
Sucks man. You know how to find us if you need anything

CO

Smash Ace
NNID
CO_Runaway7
3DS FC
3136-6583-7782
No...Jack what happened? No video games...What about Metroid Prime 3...You were the only one that played both of the originals and were just as excited about the next one...I am depressed.

Fizz-sama

Smash Ace
This saddens me Jack...I hope I'll get to talk to you again someday and play some Smash. Not sure what is up, but it's not my business. Whatever it is, take care dude.

Nite

Smash Champion
I don't understand what happened. I'll take that Samus challenge for you Jack. You will be missed. So, if anyone needs Samus training come to me at the biweeklies.

CCCP

Smash Journeyman
IHSB- Nmad...you will be sorely missed. We're going to have to meet up again and hang out, cause you're too ******* awesome. Now the biweeklies and INN tourneys will be missing the "King of the SWD vs YYG" matches....*sigh* good times. Peace, Jack ;__;

-Chad-

Slackerator

Peace.
Ugh..Jaaack what happened?! Man....this is so very very sad... :(

Me and Myz are going to defintally miss having you come over and hanging out with us and playing Smash... And you're not really an ex crewmate as far as I'm concerned, you're still our friend and hopefully whenever all this crap goes away we can all get together and hang out again.

*sigh*....I'm gonna miss watching you SWD and F-Smashing me for the win...

Take care Jack..

Myztek

Smash Ace
Wow, that sucks really bad, Jack. Like Chad said, you're still part of the crew even if you can't be there.

I'm not sure what else to say but hopefully, whatever the problem is, it wont last long. =/

It's gonna suck not having you around to hang out with.

lvl9

Smash Journeyman
ranking system

I was thinking about starting a biweekley ranking system. It would be like the mario kart style of scorekeeping. 1st gets 11pts, 2nd 10pts all the way to 10th. Everyone 10th and lower gets 1pt for participating. And just add them up all the way to INN V. They could be just for bragging rights or someone gets a prize or beat up by everyone. If you guys like it we could start taking score at the next one or whenever..
What do you guys think?

-Chad-

Slackerator
I was thinking about starting a biweekley ranking system. It would be like the mario kart style of scorekeeping. 1st gets 11pts, 2nd 10pts all the way to 10th. Everyone 10th and lower gets 1pt for participating. And just add them up all the way to INN V. They could be just for bragging rights or someone gets a prize or beat up by everyone. If you guys like it we could start taking score at the next one or whenever..
What do you guys think?
That actually sounds kind of interesting to me... hmm.

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
Ooo... hrm. I've already got one surprise lined up. I'll have to think on this to see what to come up with as far as prize goes.

Which reminds me, I need to talk to teh Rah of all Mookies to see about shirts...

SmashterLink

Smash Ace
Sorry to bring it back up, but I just saw Jacks post. Jack sucks you wont be around anymore man. Hopefully, whatever is going on, you get resolved quickly so you can make a return to the INN. The only green samus in the world has to come back. Peace for now man. And may the tri-force be with you!!!! ::Salutes::

Nite, if you play your samus, make sure you dont play Green samus. That one will stay reserved for Jack.

Lvl9: That is pretty interesting. Could be some good fun, and could show you how good you are actually doing. Arent you a smart guy. ^___^

chamberlin

Smash Ace
Jack- I dunno what's up with you leaving, but it must have been something crazy. I hope you come back sometime...

On another note, a ranking System would be cool.

-Chad-

Slackerator
I think if we do a ranking system that it should be based on average points instead of just adding them all up, so people that can't come to every biweekly won't be instantly last with no hope of getting out of last because of lack of points and stuff...

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
I think if we do a ranking system that it should be based on average points instead of just adding them all up, so people that can't come to every biweekly won't be instantly last with no hope of getting out of last because of lack of points and stuff...
I disagree. That's part of the benefit to showing up.

-Chad-

Slackerator
I disagree. That's part of the benefit to showing up.
Yeah but couldn't it be like if someone has the same average (or somewhat close) the one who shows up more would be ranked higher? I just think it's unfairish if someone were to miss one single biweekly it would put them way down on rank.

I think I'm putting too much thought into this :dizzy: whatever you say goes Zane, I think I'll just not say anymore =X

In any case it'd be cool..

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
Nah man, it makes for good discussion, don't worry.

But I think the average thing isn't a good idea. I mean... look at any sports thing that goes by rank. If you miss a major event - someone else wins the championship. They don't say "well... he missed it so we'll give him another shot" hehe

McCloud

je suis l'agent du chaos.
"So foul and f-air a day I have not seen.&quo
yeah um... almost all player rankings in almost every sport go by averages.

The only time you don't score by averages are in the actual game itself played. Sounds wordy, but like... you wouldn't determine the winner of a championship by averaging them, averages only affect rankings up until the actual tournament.

Ok, really really wordy. Here's a simple way of saying it:

I am awesome at basketball, my shooting average is .7, making me the highest in the league. But I choked at the championship game and my team didn't win.

In the championship game, your averages don't matter at all. It's what you do in the game that determines if you win the championship.

Or in Ralph Waldo Emerson's words:

"What lies behind us,
and what lies before us,
are tiny matters compared to what lies within us."

CO

Smash Ace
NNID
CO_Runaway7
3DS FC
3136-6583-7782
Points? That's odd. Well to me it is. I don't really care for a point system average or not. But I seem to be the only one so that means my vote is vetoed. I think it just over complicates a game of fun and money.

Side note: Me and Sandbox were playing Smash Bros. after class today waiting to be picked up and guess what? Like usual the "I can beat anyone at this game because I am the best ever" people started showing up. Well me and Sandbox got one battle in before a guy was saying Mario sucks and poop like that. So Sandbox passes him the controller. Well the guy comes up and picks Samus. The match starts(which he tried to pick Hyrule Temple) and I KO him before the match was 5 secs in. Well I 4 stock him with about 58%. So he walks off sad. Well I repeat this 3 more times and serve it up to the other people before I get a crowd behind me say poop like "Oh man, he's got Mario down good.", "Man he is fast!", and "Look at how fast his hands are going!" Well eventually they leave, thank god. So me and Sandbox then get in like three battles and then have to leave. Then I got to thinking...They were freaking out over me. I wonder what they would have thought if I told them last tournament I had only come in 7th? Moral of the story: Noobs take it like gay men.

*sorry if I affend any homosexuals or noobs in the course of this story.

CCCP

Smash Journeyman
MAN! I wanna go to ITT to play games now! Noobs? Can that mean cashbattles? I NEED MONEY! I will CB dumb children of ITT for my Wii...now to find my way to ITT! *dundunDUNNNN!!!*

Oh, I like the points system, especially the "top point score gets bragging rights or a surprise or beaten by everyone," bit. I will make sure to get #1, because I will fight like Gordon from Godzilla: Final Wars!

CO

Smash Ace
NNID
CO_Runaway7
3DS FC
3136-6583-7782
Im not saying no but after I gave them such a horrible beating today we would have to get new people to beat.

lvl9

Smash Journeyman
Points? That's odd. Well to me it is. I don't really care for a point system average or not. But I seem to be the only one so that means my vote is vetoed. I think it just over complicates a game of fun and money.
Well the "proposed"ranking system will be seperate from the tournament. Pretty much for bragging rights, or to see how you stack up against the other "INNsomniacs" It will only reflect the results from the biweeklies. Oh, the average system makes no sense at all for what im talking about :) If youve played mario kart its a really easy and fair system.
And people, remember its just for fun and should be TOTALLY seperate from the Biweekley so it wont affect the tourney in any way.
Biweekley Grand Prix FTW!

Mario'sCapeabilities - Your vote cant be vetoed by yourself if youve already voted. Only the president can veto or void a valid vote.
(I sound like V fom V for Vendetta) lollololololololololololololololololololololololololololol

SaberPrime

Smash Journeyman
Dude...I want to play random noobs at random places too... :( I'm gonna try to find more noobs at ASU that play so I can take their money.

Also, I didn't get to do hardly any of my money matches, I want to try to get those done at the next bi-weekly.

Smashter - Hope we can play more at the next one, and hopefully I get to fight your Link next time too.

CCCP - Good money match dood, I hate Green Greens lol.

Seif and BMW - Cool seeing BMW again, avoid those shines :) Seif keep workin on that Doc, I don't think anyone at INN plays a doctor so it will be cool to see a new character in the rankings (At least I don't think Brad plays doctor mario...?)

Nite - I really don't know what to do against your Falco. :(

Lance - Sucks we didn't get to play at all, grats on you and Nite taking 1st in teams.

Iori - Fun having that 50 cent money match with you lol, your Luigi owns.

I wish I didn't live so far away from all the good smashers so I could practice more...I don't really think I can get a whole lot better by just playing against computers which sucks. :(

CCCP

Smash Journeyman
SaberGuy- You LOVE Green Greens! It's in your heart now! It beats with the fire of someone who's like "Yes, Green Greens for the grandmother-flipping-over-for MASSIVE DAMAGE win!"

*edit* Brad and Dr. Mario do not mix.....

Handorin

Smash Hero
lol, I was playing McC way back when and I hit him and a block happened to be falling so he gets a tech out of it. He has even teched out of the exploding bomb on Peach's Castle (I believe we have it on tape somewhere?)

He is the master of teching places he shouldnt

Handorin

Smash Hero
Sorry to DP but I must post this. >_>

Thief is looking to start a tourney. Everything is basically TBA. He is looking at dates now.
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=1759841#post1759841

ALSO: I was wanting to hold another smash troopers during fall break, but I didnt realize it was so close (as in starting next Friday). My dad will be out of town and my mom wouldnt enjoy having it here. Any suggestions on when and where? I need somewhere free and on short notice (even a house).

CO

Smash Ace
NNID
CO_Runaway7
3DS FC
3136-6583-7782
Sorry to DP but I must post this. >_>
Don't worry. What is Smash Bros. without a little DP? If you catch my drift.

SaberGuy-Zero was right. Me and Doc don't get along. Unless I am severely whooping up on him. Then I don't mind him. But Fizz and Nite play a pretty mean Doc.

BMWfalco

Smash Apprentice
Hey saber thanks for taking my money and spamming the shine thats exactly what i deserved after taking a dollar out of my pocket and expecting to walk away with two.
It sucks the only guy i beat at this biweekly was seif ( like i don't get to play him when i want anyway.
Nite when do you want to train me

oh yeah i heard Nite plays a pretty mean metal guitar!!!

SaberPrime

Smash Journeyman
BMW- Lol, sorry bout that dood, but hey if the shine works then why not use it?

Brad - Ah ok, I didn't think you used the doctor but I wasn't sure.

On a side note, I know that you guys are probably pretty attached to your Melee FC6 T-shirts that you guys got, but if anyone happens to have an extra or even one that they don't want anymore (Large size.) I would be happy to offer you 50$ for one, I'm really looking to get one. I want one because I want to see if anyone notices that I have it around ASU and are like "Dude you play smash? I play too." That sorta thing.

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
BMW- Lol, sorry bout that dood, but hey if the shine works then why not use it?

Brad - Ah ok, I didn't think you used the doctor but I wasn't sure.

On a side note, I know that you guys are probably pretty attached to your Melee FC6 T-shirts that you guys got, but if anyone happens to have an extra or even one that they don't want anymore (Large size.) I would be happy to offer you 50$ for one, I'm really looking to get one. I want one because I want to see if anyone notices that I have it around ASU and are like "Dude you play smash? I play too." That sorta thing.
You can try to ask Mookie if there were any extras, but I think he already mentioned to me they sold out...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom