• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inkling for Smash! Let's Make Like Squid and Migrate!

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Splattershot Jr. > Roller imo. But I like roller the best.

Anyways, the game is awesome indeed, can't wait for May 29.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Well, once again because I'm a hipster and everyone is using the Charger and the Roller, Splatshot is my favorite weapon.

...I'm mostly kidding...I actually am surprisingly good with that thing, I racked up so many kills with that thing, that I had the most points out of everyone pretty much 100% of the time.
Plus, if it does turn out to be the hipster weapon nobody will know how to deal with it because they're too busy watching out for snipers and surprise steamrollers.

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
Waking up at 4 am for Round 2 was so worth it.
Anyone else feel like their the "you missed a spot" player? I mean, I would turn around at the start of a match to ink the area around the base while everyone ran ahead.

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Anyone else feel like their the "you missed a spot" player? I mean, I would turn around at the start of a match to ink the area around the base while everyone ran ahead.
I would do the exact same thing. I'm sure it's fine to be that kind of player. The whole team will probably benefit for having at least one party member like that.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Lol, I do that in every single game. I usually make sure to play with the same people too, so I'd hope they pick up on it.
Anyone using those two emotes, by the way? I've been throwing them out left and right but I don't really know what they're for.

Reila

I did that a lot. It was funny when me and another player did the same thing at the start of the match.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Figured I'd post my thoughts for the Testfire. First off, weapons from favorite to least favorite:

1. Splatter Shot Jr.- So far this seems to be my favorite because of the bombs, and great for kills and walls.
2. Splattershot- Splattershot is good too, but it feels like the bombs are weaker. Of course, still great.
3. Roller- While others like it, I seem to always suck with it. I either get shot or run into another roller. It's still a great tool for marking turf however.
4. Charger- Probably my least favorite. Not a big fan of the charging feature, as I'm more of a rapid shoot person. The only real thing I liked about it were the bombs, which the Splattershot Jr. has.

Overall the game was fun, will defiantly get it.

D

Deleted member

So I'm assuming the charger isn't the best weapon for the demo? Maybe y'all should test a bit more in the next testfire. ( I say y'all cuz I don't have a Wii u ... Yet)

Reila

So I'm assuming the charger isn't the best weapon for the demo? Maybe y'all should test a bit more in the next testfire. ( I say y'all cuz I don't have a Wii u ... Yet)
I think it might be better for a different game mode. In turf wars the objective isn't to kill opponents and for map control, the other three weapons are much better.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I think it might be better for a different game mode. In turf wars the objective isn't to kill opponents and for map control, the other three weapons are much better.
Ok thank I was wondering about the low use of snipers during gamexplain stream( I had it on mute I was watching a movie on my computercomputer with my cousin during the testfire)

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
Splat Roller is the new Little Mac.

Seems OP at first, but incredibly easy to gimp.

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Was trying to get into this thread last night while doing the Global Testfire and forgot/fell asleep. Overall, I love every last thing about this game, but I am complete trash at it. It also doesn't help that the early meta isn't very favorable to the Chargers (seriously, you get locked down or rushed even a little and it's free kills).

I also felt pretty awesome for this. Yes, that's the Hideki Naganuma retweeting my comment. lol

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
This will be my first time trying it out because I missed out on the first two tries. What weapon would you guys suggest me to try out first?

Reila

This will be my first time trying it out because I missed out on the first two tries. What weapon would you guys suggest me to try out first?
I would only recommend avoiding the Splat Charger at first. Any of the other three weapons are fine for a first time.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Hey we're both Splatoon virgins lol.
Can't help it that I woke up too late for the first session and and the second session ending as soon as I was finished with work..... :T

I would only recommend avoiding the Splat Charger at first. Any of the other three weapons are fine for a first time.
I see, thanks for letting me know. ^^

Will be looking forward to try the game out in about 15 minutes. c:

Mishudo

Smash Journeyman
I literally am a 3 year old if I use the Splat Charger..
If you like being up and personal (AKA shotgun) use the roller, but the splatter shots are definitely the best averaged out IMO.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Can't help it that I woke up too late for the first session and and the second session ending as soon as I was finished with work..... :T

I see, thanks for letting me know. ^^

Will be looking forward to try the game out in about 15 minutes. c:
My Wii U isn't in my room so I couldn't play plus the session was in the middle of the night for me.

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
Seriously I can't wait to get the real game. I don't know why people won't be interested in this game.
The Inklings need to be in Smash now. Move set is there cmon Sakuari. Don't let us just have Mii costumes for characters that would make really great additions to the roster.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Surely Im not the only one that there's something very wrong with the splat...thing jr. Some times you may shoot a lot of ink with nothing happening. Then only later will it load that yeah, where you shot is covered in your ink. But even when I tested to see if the ink is just invisible, walking on what was supposed to be my ink... I'm struggling! It still counts as opponent's ink! THEN it loads, but yikes!
Anyway...splat roller still my fav. I was kinda worried I might get tired of Splatoon on my 3rd hour but...I mean it is just my 3rd hour. In any case, still fun. I dunno if it's the game tricking me but it says I do pretty darn good! I kill a lot of folks and generally get 850 to 950 pts or sometimes once 1130! I wonder if I ran into any of you?
But yeah, Inkling is a great fit for smash. I imagine the warehouse would be a good stage?

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Got my final hours in on the Splatoon demo. Didn't make it back to the tutorial in time for extended play, but oh well. I enjoyed the matches all the same. I felt like I got the hang of things on that last match. The roller isn't as good as people make it out to be. It lacks proper aiming and range. Someone who knows their way around can easily out gun it. Waiting to see how the Ink Brush fairs though.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Now that's it done, some ranking I want to say.
Best weapons:
1. Splat Roller
2. Splattershot Jr.
3. Splattershot
4. Splat Charger

Stages:
1. Walleye Warehouse
2. Saltspray Rig

Also, Inklings are now my 3rd most wanted for Smash.

One more thing: I NEED THIS GAME!

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Well that was fun. Will be interested to buy the full game now because it made me happy. Now if you guys don't mind me. I'm going to paint the whole Tutorial stage blue like a Happy Happyist. Blue Blue....

Last edited:

Reila

I got many disconnects this time. It wasn't as fun :p But it was probably my internet and not the game's fault.

Oh and most people learned how to deal with the roller already.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Yeah, this game is amazing.

Splattershot is my favourite weapon, but they all have something interesting to offer - it's a really fun, polished romp overall. :3

Burruni

Smash Hero
My stance: I love the splat roller.
Not because it's "OP" or anything.
But because I'm terrible at Shooters because WHY AIM when you can charge in and just cover up as much ground as possible?

Last edited:

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
I managed to play all three sessions. I stuck with the Splattershot for most of it, but also tried the other ones. The Splat Roller is probably my least favorite; although, I'm sure I'll have more fun with it once I get to test it out further when the full game releases. I did enjoy the Splat Charger though despite not being any good with it. I think after some more practice it'll be one of my favorite weapons to weild.

@ Reila Reila
Is your Wii U Username Rei? If so I may have gotten in a few matches with you.

Top Bottom