• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inkling for Smash! Let's Make Like Squid and Migrate!

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
What are you guys hoping would be at the direct besides a smash reveal for the Inkling? (I do hope that we get them)
I hope more new modes and more Amiibo support announcments. Also I want some kind of info about the Story mode and more on the Hub World.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
What are you guys hoping would be at the direct besides a smash reveal for the Inkling? (I do hope that we get them)
I hope more new modes and more Amiibo support announcments. Also I want some kind of info about the Story mode and more on the Hub World.
Definitely what you said (dat hub dough), maybe them saying that there will be a bunch of splatoon Amiibos so that on the first day, literally only 5 people have the stupid things.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Do we know how long the direct will be yet?

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Nintendo never gives a run time of a direct beforehand, iirc.

In either case they haven't given it for this one. Only that it's tomorrow 10 am Eastern Time.
Good enough for me!

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
More local multiplayer modes. What if the online does horribly in this game or if someone doesn't have an active connection?

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
Nintendo never gives a run time of a direct beforehand, iirc.

In either case they haven't given it for this one. Only that it's tomorrow 10 am Eastern Time.
Most Directs that focuses on 1 game usually last to either 45 minutes to an hour and a half long. So I think that's how much length were going to get. I also think this direct will be a recap of everything we know about the game so far with new things we don't know much about yet.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I'm guessing GAME is like Gamestop in Europe.
GAME is a vidya retailer (obviously) that closed down a few years ago everywhere but the UK. We have Gamestop as well.

@ Erotic&Heretic Erotic&Heretic , I know that feel. I still remember going into the GAME in town when I was little - at least I can suffice with the Gamestop that's literally thirty seconds from where it was way back when. :3

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
GAME is a vidya retailer (obviously) that closed down a few years ago everywhere but the UK. We have Gamestop as well.

@ Erotic&Heretic Erotic&Heretic , I know that feel. I still remember going into the GAME in town when I was little - at least I can suffice with the Gamestop that's literally thirty seconds from where it was way back when. :3
I didn't knew that it survived in UK. It was the very first gaming shop where I bought Megadrive (Genesis) games, or even Smash 64. The vendors were nice as well.

In my town, the competitor was right in front of GAME, so my "video game path" hasn't really changed too. A new store opened recently near, so at least, there's still 2 video game stores. And the second one is specialized in retro gaming, so it's cool.

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
33min!! -3 min for a SMASH REVEAL please! :p
Yes i'm a INKLING FAN too!

Last edited:

Poxnixles

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vitiel
3DS FC
3823-8576-9592
im so mad tbh

hope at least they'll be paid dlc instead of gamestop exclusive nonsense

Burruni

Smash Hero
Hey. We already have DLC.

...This means we've got our tentacles in the door.

Just like the Link outfits, this doesn't prevent Inkling DLC and in fact only proves that Splatoon is on radar for Smash.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Remember when that Link Mii costume came out and we were so bummed that Link wasn't going to be in OH WAIT A MINUTE!

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971
Well even though there are no inkling playble characters announced you guys at least get your wish sort of granted through costumes which do look hella cool. c:
't was a nice stream.

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
I still they'll make it in as actual characters. They said the costumes was limited time though, so we still have chances to get them in as actual characters. There chances are NOT dead people. We have costumes with similar characters in the game before. At least Sakurai is aware of them. While it was only thirty minuets that was a pretty good Direct, we had tons of information about the game now.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
You guys overreacting about Mii costumes and I am here happy we are getting a demo

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
If anything, I'll say the costume boosts Inkling's chances. There's actual Splatoon representation on Smash now.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Are we really comparing Inklings to Link though?

It certainly doesn't kill their chances, but it doesn't help anything either.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Either this is all we get or this is a sign.
I'm satisfied with either scenario. Just means I have incentive to use Mii Gunner now. :)
And unlike AT's this IS better than nothing.

Poxnixles

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vitiel
3DS FC
3823-8576-9592
The Link costume is enough of a caricature to pass them as separate. The inkling costumes seem way too close to the source.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Oh cool costumes. Their chances weren't affected at all. The only bad thing is that it's a gamestop thing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom