• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inkling for Smash! Let's Make Like Squid and Migrate!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Mark your calendars!! Splatoon Direct confirmed!!

Thursday, May 7, 2:00 PM GMT

Also confirmed to be a Global Direct, airing at the same time in America, Europe and Japan.

More info here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1038337
It's official, Splatoon will indeed be the "Animal Crossing" of this generation. Wouldn't be surprised if it were to sell extremely well and get enough cash to be a long running franchise.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Aaaaaaaaand I won't be able to see it live. BUT it's because I FINALLY found another Smash player in my town, and he comes at my place this day to play Smash. So it's not that bad.

I'll just try not to spoil myself and see it later that day :p

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
Woo-hoo finally! I didn't think we would get another Direct before E3, at least it's going to be about Splatoon.So hyped for this game maybe we can get a little something about Smash but I kind of doubt we will.

MintChipper

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TonyEH
3DS FC
2793-1055-4457
It's official, Splatoon will indeed be the "Animal Crossing" of this generation. Wouldn't be surprised if it were to sell extremely well and get enough cash to be a long running franchise.
Reggie said himself that he wanted splatoon to be long-running like Mario Kart. Also SPLATOON HYPE

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
HYPED AS ALL HELL

Can't wait to see what they'll detail in this direct.

Asian_Charizard

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3351-4223-6174
Hello I'm new to this thread.

I'd like to be part of the support list, Inklings are my 2nd most wanted newcomer. I've voted for them (and Paper Mario) on the smash ballot because they seem very unique and have a cool concept compared to the other characters, also Splatoon looks fun as hell! ;)

Last edited:

MintChipper

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TonyEH
3DS FC
2793-1055-4457
Things I want to see in the direct:
  • What we can do with friends
  • Whether the amiibos unlock more clothes than the ones we've seen
  • How stable the servers will be (either like MK8 or Smash 4)
  • More gamemodes
  • What DLC there'll be (they've already said DLC is planned)
  • A showcase of weapons
  • Not to be as short as the Xenoblade X direct

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Things I want to see in the direct:
  • What we can do with friends
  • Whether the amiibos unlock more clothes than the ones we've seen
  • How stable the servers will be (either like MK8 or Smash 4)
  • More gamemodes
  • What DLC there'll be (they've already said DLC is planned)
  • A showcase of weapons
  • Not to be as short as the Xenoblade X direct
Does anyone else get the sneaking feeling of Smash 4 DLC? I know it's a LONG shot, but still...

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
OK, seriously. Where is everyone getting these awesome Smash support images from? What thread?

RaenUE

Smash Cadet
NNID
RaenUE
3DS FC
0705-3752-9517
Inkling would probably be super fun to play as; add me to the support list please.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Wait. You actually find it good?

I mean, I know that Splatoon isn't Dark Souls, but this absolutely not contribute to remove the "childish" image of Nintendo. Those intonations...

And I don't mention the last Smash commercial showing Brawl's Ganondorf artwork, or mentioning Mario as "Super Mario Bros".

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Wait. You actually find it good?

I mean, I know that Splatoon isn't Dark Souls, but this absolutely not contribute to remove the "childish" image of Nintendo. Those intonations...

And I don't mention the last Smash commercial showing Brawl's Ganondorf artwork, or mentioning Mario as "Super Mario Bros".
I mean so bad that it's good, as in the terribleness is what makes it funny despite being a poor advertisement. Kind of like how the CDI Legend of Zelda games were.

Link: "Gee, sure is boring around here."

The King: "Mah boi, this peace is what all true warriors strive for."

Link: "I wonder what Ganon is up to."

Gwonam: "Your majesty, Ganon and his minions had seized the islands of Koridai."

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
This is my first post on the Inkling thread so if there is a supporter list add me on it. I feel like the Inklings are going to get into Smash anyway. They fit in Smash very well and it would promote Splatoon. I think they planned this already and is going to be like Wolf where they picked before the ballot.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I'm moreso hoping that Nintendo will keep doing new series. They have done some, but I feel like they could make so much more. Splatoon should be the start of a new habit for Nintendo.

AvionFinch

Smash Cadet
Relax alax made a video talking about possible dlc characters and spoke pretty favorably about our little squid buddies.

Last edited:

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
Relax alax made a video talking about possible dlc characters and spoke pretty favorably about our little squid buddies.
Yeah, he ranked them pretty dang high. As I've said the Inklings are usually at the top of everyone's list for the Smash Ballot of characters that people would like to see. For the most part if were talking list of characters from what I've mostly seen the Inkling usually is at the top 10 or top 5 list of characters that people want to see as DLC. I hope that Nintendo is aware of this, and know that people really would want to see the Inkling in Smash. The little guys are also getting support in both Japan and the West so I don't see why not.

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I was looking at a link my friend sent me about how a jackass who hates Rosalina was buying like a thousand Rosalina amiibo just so other people who like her can't have her. Then I checked out his channel and he made a video about how Splatoon is hentai. I thought to myself, really? Like, I get the tentacle thing and maybe the white ink but seriously. Then the other videos on his channel were about how Nintendo isn't what it used to be and how they're making their characters hentai (I doubt he actually knows and understands the word or really just the basic concept of business). You guys know the Smash reveal of Robin and Lucina. HE F***ING said that video was hentai when LUCINA IS COMPLETELY ARMORED IN ACTUAL ARMOR. NOT THE STUPID BIKINI THAT OTHER DEVELOPERS CALL ARMOR, ACTUALLY FULL BODY ARMOR. Let's attack him.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Let's attack him.
Let's not.
Yes! I saw this. He's very sure they're the best possible newcomer for DLC, iunno if they're the best possible in terms of chance but I don't disagree that Nintendo is heavily invested in making this IP a household name. A notable presence in Smash is a smart way to go about making that a reality.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Let's not.
Yes! I saw this. He's very sure they're the best possible newcomer for DLC, iunno if they're the best possible in terms of chance but I don't disagree that Nintendo is heavily invested in making this IP a household name. A notable presence in Smash is a smart way to go about making that a reality.
Sry, just hate people like this. And I wanted to vent my anger and he had Splatoon things so I did it here sorry. I still support Inkling in Smash though.

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
I was looking at a link my friend sent me about how a ******* who hates Rosalina was buying like a thousand Rosalina amiibo just so other people who like her can't have her. Then I checked out his channel and he made a video about how Splatoon is hentai. I thought to myself, really? Like, I get the tentacle thing and maybe the white ink but seriously. Then the other videos on his channel were about how Nintendo isn't what it used to be and how they're making their characters hentai (I doubt he actually knows and understands the word or really just the basic concept of business). You guys know the Smash reveal of Robin and Lucina. HE F***ING said that video was hentai when LUCINA IS COMPLETELY ARMORED IN ACTUAL ARMOR. NOT THE STUPID BIKINI THAT OTHER DEVELOPERS CALL ARMOR, ACTUALLY FULL BODY ARMOR. Let's attack him.
Yeah MariotehPlumber I think his name is. Ugh I can't stand that guy after the whole Rosalina amiibo fiasco I thought he would've been done with the Internet and YouTube forever. People don't care about his opionion he'll just get more backlash than ever. I don't think he really understands the concept of hentai neither. I think he just uses it as subject to talk and troll people about to gain subscribers to his channel. He act like such a manchild to be honest.

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Yeah MariotehPlumber I think his name is. Ugh I can't stand that guy after the whole Rosalina amiibo fiasco I thought he would've been done with the Internet and YouTube forever. People don't care about his opionion he'll just get more backlash than ever. I don't think he really understands the concept of hentai neither. I think he just uses it as subject to talk and troll people about to gain subscribers to his channel. He act like such a manchild to be honest.
Yeah, I don't understand people who honestly agree with him. Like seriously, Lucina, really?? Do you guys think there might be an Inkling reveal on Friday in the direct (which hopefully isn't 10 minutes long)

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Yeah, I don't understand people who honestly agree with him. Like seriously, Lucina, really?? Do you guys think there might be an Inkling reveal on Friday in the direct (which hopefully isn't 10 minutes long)
The direct is actually Thursday! But yes I hope it's not just 10 minutes long that would be very sad :[

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
I sure hope so. I would love to see the Inkling be revealed in the Splatoon Direct. It just seem like an all too perfect and right time to announce them. I kinda hope if they get revealed it'll be at the end of the Direct for suprise.

Top Bottom