• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inkling for Smash! Let's Make Like Squid and Migrate!

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
Well, Specials are obvious:

B: Ink Shot: rapid fire ink shots, do no damage but paints the stage and slows enemies if they walk on it or are hit.
B side: Ink Bomb: (whatever it's called) throws a bomb that explodes doing damage, and inking the area.
B down: Squid Swim: turns into a squid that moves more quickly on inked areas.
B up: Super Jump: turns into a squid and launches way into the sky.

As so A moves they can kick, hit with their ink guns, and use their tentacles for attacks with much more reach!

I would make a full moveset, but it's E3 and there's streams to watch!
Nice ideas. Maybe we can get some more, including Final Smash ideas, once we learn more about the game.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
they could totally use the Ink Grenade for like a side b, or maybe Neutral B and use the Ink Roller from the trailer as a side B. SO MUCH POTENTIAL

Kamiko

Smash Ace
There's NO way I could possibly support such a TERRIBLE character!

*hides avatar*

Edit for those coming in here late: I had an Inkling avatar at the time of this post. So yes, I'm a supporter.

Last edited:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
HOLY MOTHER OF GOD I SUPPORT THIS SO HARD

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
OH YES

Definitely supporting this because Splatoon is amazing and I would love to see it repped in Smash!

YOU CAN BE A GOD DAMN SQUUUUUUUUUUUIIIIIIIIDDDDD! :b:

EchoesOfRain

Smash Apprentice
I actually was thinking about this earlier today at work. Considering how heavily Splatoon is being promoted, I'd say the chances of a squidling in is pretty decent, but most likely as DLC. I think Sakurai would want to get in as many characters asked by the fans as he can before he moves on to something so new like Splatoon.

I support! Splatoon would definitely add something completely new and fresh to the Smash Bros series!

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
What if her normal moves were all based on normal ink shots and all her specials were based on the squid form/alternate weapons you can get. It'd make her unique, especially if she can't move as well on non inked areas.

Kamiko

Smash Ace
What if her normal moves were all based on normal ink shots and all her specials were based on the squid form/alternate weapons you can get. It'd make her unique, especially if she can't move as well on non inked areas.
Kind of like Mega Man? Maybe. There are supposed to be more basic weapon types beyond the one the demo gave players, so when we see how those function later on it'll be easier to put together a moveset like that. With just the rifle thing we've seen though it might be hard to pull off.

I'd imagine some sort of shotgun would be used for at least one smash attack though.

StupendousMike

Smash Ace
I like these guys a lot, and the game looks super fun. I imagine theirs will be some of the first names tossed out there when Smash 5 speculation revs up in a few years. For now, a pre-release trophy is the best they can hope for.

Raetah

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, each time that i watch gameplays of Splatoon, i like the game even more.
Splatoon character would be a great inclusion to SSB, but we are probably going to wait to the next generation of Smash.
Im not going to forgot this, i would be there, in the Suppor thread of Splatoon for the next Smash.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Count me in as a supporter. Splatoon convinced me to buy a Wii U and I would love to see one of the squid girls in Smash.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
In the latest Gematsu leak, Sal mentioned DLC. I would love to get Smash and then have DLC with one of these inklings added to the roster. In fact, i'd love that more than anything. Splatoon reminds me of TF2 but with Squids and ink instead of hats and bullets. I can't WAIT to play it. I wish it was 2014 release because i really can't wait.

GM_3826

Smash Journeyman
Add me to the supporters. I am so hyped for Splatoon, I wish it could come out sooner.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
I love how popular this has gotten, but it also saddens me that a game that's not even out yet, and was revealed only a few days ago, has more supporters than Slime...

Davidreamcatcha

Smash Ace
It's really a shame that their game wasn't like, a launch title because they're perfect for Smash. And they're one of the first new IPs since Pikmin to have a playable character who would easily transition.

Hoping for DLC. Put me down as supporting.

greenluigiman2

Smash Ace
Put me down as a supporter. It just fits so well. The playstyle is so obvious, yet unique at the same time.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Its too bad this game comes out after Smash, because this is a great addition to the roster.

Support.
Even if it came out before I doubt an inkling would make it in- maybe if it gets more popular or another installment. I've seen people requesting larger maps and over 4 vs 4 battles so I am sure they could expand the series with different ideas later on.

N0ble1

Smash Rookie
Updated List:

HeavyLobster
The Driller Juggernaut
Saberwuf238
legendofrob1
L. Lawliet
Fogbadge
Sobreviviente
Zzuxon
BluePikmin11
Altais
Wanderer from Roseyard
Cheezey Bites
RyanCE
sunshinesan
N0ble1
Pacack
Inawordyes
Brickbuild101
Kamiko
egaddmario
Headcrab Jackalope
EchoesOfRain
Raeteh
The Cero Kelvin
Reila
Oracle_Summon
GM_3826
Davidreamcatcha
greenluigiman2
KenithTheGatherer
Really Shy Guy
WonderSmash

Mamp

Smash Apprentice
I love Splatoon and I would love the Inkling in Smash, support!

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
The roster was finalized in 2012, but oh well, maybe Sakurai had sketch of the Inkling, allowing it to be playable ?
I'm in anyway.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Splatoon seems like a good game.
I like the ink concept.
I guess I am a supporter.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
...Yet your avatar IS a Inkling. That's the ultimate form of support.
I had Roll Casket before this, and didn't support her for Smash, I just like the character, and Megaman Legends.

I admittedly do support Inkling for the expansion pack, but even then there are only 14 characters I can hit in my signature without shrinking the badges, and they have to go to people I want more, have a better chance, or realistically deserve it more.

Last edited:

Kamiko

Smash Ace
I admittedly do support Inkling for the expansion pack, but even then there are only 14 characters I can hit in my signature without shrinking the badges, and they have to go to people I want more, have a better chance, or realistically deserve it more.
Thirteen of those should be Inklings of various colors and designs.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Why didn't I think of this before? I would love to play as an ink shooting, squid shifting, tentacles haired loli in Smash since we need more kids in the roster. :troll:

Top Bottom